Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,306 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is (2990 Views)

Certificate Scandal: Dino Melaye's Profile Altered By Senate On NASS Website- SR / PDP Crisis: Pressure Mounts On NASS Lawmakers To Defect En Mass To APC / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Gogetta(m): 7:23am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:
APC members keep telling me that Buhari deliberately did not want to meddle with the affairs of the house and to promote the strengthening of that institution and that is why he did not endorse or push for specific candidatures to represent APC in the house.

I say big lie to this crap,

Buhari does not fully understand how modern day politics and governance works in a democratic environment or else he would have seen that as president he can not do jack sh1t without the house in passing and ratifying most of his executive functions.

When I say this man is a dullard people will start insulting me.

Buhari still thinks this is 1984 and that Nigerians [b]elected
him as their head of state.[/b]

In some ways I understand Tinubu's frustration from the NASS elections is more towards Buhari's nonchalant attitude.

The likes of Tinubu know first hand of Buhari's daftness and that is why they supported him thinking they can have their way but now they now know that giving an ignoramus the reigns of power of both their party and the Nation was an act of folly on their own part.

Interesting times lie ahead of us.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2496848_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

PIC VERY RELATED: The dullard loitering the grounds of G7 summit lost and confused
SMH
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Humblebloke(m): 7:24am On Jun 10, 2015
Can someone be this dumb.....You think the presiding officer doesn't have a hand in the events that occured in the NASS election yesterday.....

You probably don't know military men are more tactical when it comes to playing this game..
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Filmewell(f): 7:26am On Jun 10, 2015
texazzpete:

Someone who is insisting he will pick his own ministers, reducing the influence of governors and who has already forced the military command to relocate to maiduguri is who you're calling weak and comparing to GEJ?

All you armchair 'political analysts' sef.
you will think you are speaking for him but you are actually describing him in what he actually is, a dictator who still thinks we are still in 1984 and is still military regime.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by mrmetoo1: 7:28am On Jun 10, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

Was PMB ever concerned with who leads the NA? And how will who leads both houses affect him

I still need someone to answer this question.

People! Even if it was a member of PDP that won yesterday, that person still won't be able to work against Buhari.

The fact is Buhari is a popular president and people still trust him more than all these politicians. So if you go there to work against him, more than likely it'll backfire on you because people will take it as you are just trying to frustrate Buhari's efforts for your own selfish interests.
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 10, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

Was PMB ever concerned with who leads the NA? And how will who leads both houses affect him
what will unfold subsequently will answer your questions...
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 10, 2015
Humblebloke:
Can someone be this dumb.....You think the presiding officer doesn't have a hand in the events that occured in the NASS election yesterday.....

You probably don't know military men are more tactical when it comes to playing this game..

Sharrap. Buhari is not interested in the democratic process neither is he in any hurry to consult his party affiliates on his cabinet as every indication shows that Buhari will single-handedly pick his cabinet.

This is the style of a tyrant despot.
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 10, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I still need someone to answer this question.

People! Even if it was a member of PDP that won yesterday, that person still won't be able to work against Buhari.

The fact is Buhari is a popular president and people still trust him more than all these politicians. So if you go there to work against him, more than likely it'll backfire on you because people will take it as you are just trying to frustrate Buhari's efforts for your own selfish interests.

Caligula was the most popular Roman Emperor when he was crowned Caesar.

He enjoyed wide spread support among the Plebs and Roman Generals.

In less than 2 yrs his reign came to a violent end.

Buhari's support is fanatical and not rational.

Up till yesterday, Buhari was single-handedly running the affairs of the FG and in no rush to appoint principal officers and ministers.

The events that played out on the floor of the National assembly shows that there are APC members who will seek personal ambitions over party dictates.

Buhari never endorsed any candidate for the APC yesterday because he obviously was not interested and fully did not understand the wiegth of the offices being contested for.

The outcome is that we have an opposition party dictating the outcome of the NASS leadership and also occupying a senior position as deputy of the Senate.

Under 16 yrs of PDP rule no single duly elected opposition figure has occupied the position of the deputy Senate.

Even Dogara's emergence was more devastating to the APC as PDP reps voted en-bloc for him. Out of the 356 members, Dogaro secured 180 votes to trump Femi's 174 votes. That means Dogara secured all 140 PDP votes and only got 40 votes from his own party to secure the speakership.

Saraki now has a bridge with the PDP Senators. So same with Dogara.

And you can stake your Janjawiid butt that that bridge will be crossed several times in the life of the 8th Senate!
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Mathematical(f): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:

Because your IQ is on autistic mode

A little respect for our president, even if you don't like him that doesn't make you utter proper nonsense on him.. let's support him and move the country forward, even if he's not the change.. but am very sure he's a step to a greater Nigeria..
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by mrmetoo1: 7:45am On Jun 10, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Caligula was the most popular Roman Emperor when he was crowned Caesar.

He enjoyed wide spread support among the Plebs and Roman Generals.

In less than 2 yrs his reign came to a violent end.

Buhari's support is fanatical and not rational.

Up till yesterday, Buhari was single-handedly running the affairs of the FG and in no rush to appoint principal officers and ministers.

The events that played out on the floor of the National assembly shows that there are APC members who will seek personal ambitions over party dictates.

Buhari never endorsed any candidate for the APC yesterday because he obviously was not interested and fully did not understand the wiegth of the offices being contested for.

The outcome is that we have an opposition party dictating the outcome of the NASS leadership and also occupying a senior position as deputy of the Senate.

Under 16 yrs of PDP rule no single duly elected opposition figure has occupied the position of the VP.

Saraki now has a bridge with the PDP Senators. So same with Dogara.

VP?? You mean deputy Senate president, please if not for the drama yesterday who would have cared who emerged DSP?? Look, the outcome of the elections still doesn't mean Saraki or Dogara will work against the success of Buhari. You still haven't explained to me what they stand to gain by working against him??

Then I don't understand how your Roman story applies to this without proper context. Did he turn bad?? Why did his tenure end in violence. The only thing your Roman and Buhari have in common right now is that they were both popular in the beginning, there's nothing from what you wrote down that proves they'll have a similar ending.

Then when you say he didn't appoint ministers, is that your way of letting the world know that you're ignorant of the fact that it's these guys that were inaugurated yesterday that'll approve the list?

Then you argue he doesn't understand the weight of the office, I'll say he understands the weight is why he didn't pick a side. Why should he pick a side?? This is going back to him being a popular and a trustworthy person. There was absolutely no advantage to him picking a side, it's called picking your battles.
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Humblebloke(m): 7:49am On Jun 10, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Sharrap. Buhari is not interested in the democratic process neither is he in any hurry to consult his party affiliates on his cabinet as every indication shows that Buhari will single-handedly pick his cabinet.

undecided
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Humblebloke(m): 7:49am On Jun 10, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Who is talking Dem-o-cracy....Fvck democracy!....Democracy hasn't done us much good, believe me when i tell you the president got what he wanted

Perhaps...... The dictator is what we need, someone who doesn't give a damn about our(non working) laws......
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by frankyychiji(f): 7:53am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:
APC members keep telling me that Buhari deliberately did not want to meddle with the affairs of the house and to promote the strengthening of that institution and that is why he did not endorse or push for specific candidatures to represent APC in the house.

Buhari does not fully understand how modern day politics and governance works in a democratic environment or else he would have seen that as president he can not do jack sh1t without the house in passing and ratifying most of his executive functions.

Buhari still thinks this is 1984 and that Nigerians elected him as their head of state.

In some ways I understand Tinubu's frustration from the NASS elections is more towards Buhari's nonchalant attitude.

The likes of Tinubu know first hand of Buhari's daftness and that is why they supported him thinking they can have their way but now they now know that giving an ignoramus the reigns of power of both their party and the Nation was an act of folly on their own part.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2496848_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

PIC VERY RELATED: The dullard loitering the grounds of G7 summit lost and confused
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 10, 2015
mrmetoo1:

VP?? You deputy Senate president. Look the outcome of the elections still doesn't mean Saraki or Dogara will work against the success of Buhari. You still haven't explained to me what they stand to gain by working against him??

Then I don't understand how your Roman story applies to this without proper context. Did he turn bad?? Why did his tenure end in violence. The only thing your Roman and Buhari have in common right now is that they were both popular in the beginning, there's nothing from what you wrote down that proves they'll have a similar ending

Stop picking holes. I have duly corrected it to reflect what I truly intended which was the office of the deputy Senate President.

I never said the duo will work against Buhari but there will come a time when Buhari will not get his way in the National Assembly.

Saraki's emergence as Senate was not a product of Buhari nor the APC consensus but as a result of PDP . Same with Dogarro.

As for Caligula, when an administration begins on an undeservedly popular note expect it to go to its head.
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Jesusloveyou: 8:00am On Jun 10, 2015
Raiders:
buhari is clearly inexperience just like clueless GEJ. Nigeria needs a strong leader like OBJ who don't tolerate rubbish from his party members when he was president. I hope Buhari learn from GEJ mistakes and don't end up like GEJ who could not control his party members
are u confuse like saTAN? if he is clueless like gej by supporting any candidate, u wil say is bad, if he share money like obj,is bad, if he is calm like jega, he is confuse,if he is wicked like saTAN,u wil say he is wicked, if he is good like my Jesus,u wil say he is dullard, what did u saTANist want?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by idu1(m): 8:04am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:

Buhari still thinks this is 1984 and that Nigerians elected him as their head of state.

what's your happiness? You ve been jumping from pole to another since yesterday.

Are you member of the national assembly or any of your family?

How much have you made from this issue?

You pathetic idio.t
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by mrmetoo1: 8:06am On Jun 10, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Stop picking holes. I have duly corrected it to reflect what I truly intended which was the office of the deputy Senate President.

I never said the duo will work against Buhari but there will come a time when Buhari will not get his way in the National Assembly.

Saraki's emergence as Senate was not a product of Buhari nor the APC consensus but as a result of PDP . Same with Dogarro.

As for Caligula, when an administration begins on an undeservedly popular note expect it to go to its head.

You obviously didn't support Buhari is why you think he doesn't deserve his popularity. I on the other hand, disagree completely and say he fully deserves his popularity. He has maintained a reputation that even his fiercest critics hardly deny, that is, incorruptible, highly disciplined and not easily manipulated.

I don't expect Buhari to get his way every time. Why should he?? But I expect him to get his way every time he presents something that's undeniably for the good of the Nigerian people. Saraki or Dogara denying him that because of some loyalty to the PDP will backfire on them and the PDP. People are watching, they've put a huge spotlight over themselves so believe me they'll be held accountable.

P.S. I didn't know you had corrected the VP error, I guess I'd quoted you before you corrected it.
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by Jesusloveyou: 8:19am On Jun 10, 2015
Filmewell:

you will think you are speaking for him but you are actually describing him in what he actually is, a dictator who still thinks we are still in 1984 and is still military regime.
SHM, so a dictator wil allow freedom in national assembly, u can see that is gej that was a dictator, common NGF election, gej scatter it,destroy all institution including independent judiciary, gej scatter everything good in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by PointB: 8:23am On Jun 10, 2015
PDP lost the House Of Rep election in 2011
APC lost both Houses in 2015

GEJ was 'Clueless' now we have Buhari, a complete 'Dullard'

I fitn't laugh!
grin grin
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by mikolo80: 8:27am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:

what bill have they passed in the last 16yrs that is useful to you,
fact is he only needs them to pass budget after which they are "irrelevant" while he enforces,
it is you the learner and opportunist that require shenanigans and backroom deals to get shhit done,
our problems are simple(agric,solid minerals,manufacturing,infrastructure,education),even america's problems are simple if it were not for the military industrial complex's greed and their racist attitude to developing world

why won't they insult you

nigerians did not elect him in 1984

he's a grown man br'er he knew what he was getting into

then they are the daft ones(if you wan catch monkey do like banana)

yes they do

Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by AhmedMustapha(m): 8:28am On Jun 10, 2015
IzonOwei:
what will unfold subsequently will answer your questions...
No all the questions have already been answered. Go back and look again at the Presidential election results and you will see that whoever leads the NA will in no way bother PMB
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by texazzpete(m): 9:16am On Jun 10, 2015
Filmewell:

I wish you TANoids would make up your minds

Is he a weak President or a harsh, hawkish dictator?

Why don't you guys go and have a consensus opinion and come back with a consistent description so we can discuss around that?
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by coldFLARES1(m): 10:31am On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:

Because your IQ is on autistic mode
Quite frankly, methinks a very quick resort to hauling invectives doesn't make one come across as intelligent. While I smell some sinister intent as guiding your opinion, I still wish to remind you that the Legislature is supposed to be an independent arm of govt and its elections is supposed to be one aimed at choosing a 'first among equals,' some factors considered. PMB, it was gathered, spelt out some traits he would like to see in the occupants and his party following from such anointed candidates which eventually lost! The loss gave your likes sadistic pleasure and yet you come back around to fault the president for not meddling or imposing? Haba mallam! If insulting rocks for you, you may wish to have an overdose, but do care to ensure that you are right the most time you do.
Re: Buhari's Nonchalance On NASS Elections Shows How Out Of Touch He Is by queensmith: 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

What exactly makes you think buhari didn't want Saraki?

If Buhari meant what he said during his campaign he definitely doesnt want Saraki, a man with a corruption case in court. No he didnt want Saraki, and neither did the party

(1) (2) (Reply)

Western Nigeria / Military Coverup: Confirm That Your Loved Ones Are Still Alive!!! / See How Rotimi Amechi's Wife Consoled Him After Rivers Election Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.