Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Kano Child Bride Who Killed Husband Is Free At Last - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Child Bride Who Killed Husband Is Free At Last (898 Views)

Boko Haram Fighters Nabbed Including Boy Who Killed 32 People During Attack.PICS / ‘my Husband Is Gay, He Masturbates In My Presence’ – Former Minister’s Daughter / Court Drops Murder Charges Against The 15yr-old Child-bride Who Killed Her Hubby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Child Bride Who Killed Husband Is Free At Last by emmygzy(m): 7:29am On Jun 10, 2015
You will recall that murder charges were leveled against 14-year-old child bride, Wasila Umaru, who killed her 35-year-old husband because she did not love him and was forced to marry him. The last we heard about the cases was that the murder charges had been dropped.
And now, it’s official. She is free!
According to Thisday:
A Kano High Court sitting in Gezawa on Tuedsay set free Wasila, 14, accused of killing her husband and three others in April last year.
In a landmark judgment, Justice Mohammed Yahaya ruled that the court had no option than to comply with the application that originated from the Office of the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice that sought to terminate the case.
“I have no alternative than to pronounce according to the law that the application for nolle proseque is hereby granted,” the presiding judge said.
Consequently, Justice Yahaya declared that Wasila was discharged.
The verdict threw the courtroom into wild jubilation, as hordes of human rights activists were present.
Earlier, the prosecution’s lawyer, Lamido Abba Soron Dinki, tendered an application dated May 20th that was signed by the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, urging the court to discontinue with the high profile murder case which has attracted global attention.
Dinki said: “In the nolle proseque is a delegation of power by the Commissioner for Justice to me and I hereby submit the notification and the instrument to the court.”
The Kano State Government had asked that the case be dismissed because she was a minor who had been forcibly married. The girl is to be freed from detention following the ruling.

http://www.naijablitz.com/2015/06/kano-child-bride-who-killed-husband-is.html

Re: Kano Child Bride Who Killed Husband Is Free At Last by Keziehenry(m): 7:36am On Jun 10, 2015
More awaits the pedophiles
Re: Kano Child Bride Who Killed Husband Is Free At Last by Purehuman(m): 7:38am On Jun 10, 2015
weldone kiddo

go and kill no more.
Re: Kano Child Bride Who Killed Husband Is Free At Last by dominique(f): 7:53am On Jun 10, 2015
She's already traumatized as it is, sending her to jail will cause more damage. Our government needs to criminalize child marriage especially in the north.
Re: Kano Child Bride Who Killed Husband Is Free At Last by elantraceey(f): 7:55am On Jun 10, 2015
This should sound as a warning to parents that gives out their children early in marriage and to the men who forces them into such an early marriage.
Re: Kano Child Bride Who Killed Husband Is Free At Last by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 10, 2015
Ok. Great!

(1) (Reply)

A P C Councillorship Bid(advice) / Man Angry With Borno Gov. After He Announced Appointments For Special Assistants / I Inherited Empty Treasury, Huge Debts, Says Buhari- PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.