Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku (5407 Views)

Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / Why Saraki, Tinubu, Atiku Met In Aso Rock Without Buhari / Old Mama Who Donated N1m To Buhari, Pictured With Tinubu, Atiku And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 10, 2015
I now understand Buhari's statement that he belongs to nobody. Recent events since Buhari took over as president has shown that he his ready to work for the progress of Nigeria and not allowed himself to be used as a puppet by anybody.

Buhari has ensured that the Halliburton bribery case is reopened and we know that a thorough investigation of this matter will bring troubles for Obasanjo & Atiku. With this singular move, Buhari has successfully boxed Obasanjo & Atiku into a corner; they have to shut up and allow Buhari do his thing the way he wants or end up being humiliated and even end up in prison. embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/2367828/reopening-halliburton-bribery-case-good

With what happened in the National Assembly yesterday, Tinubu's wings have been chopped off and he is no longer as politically relevant as he used to be. As it stands now, Buhari and the north have gotten what they want from Tinubu and he is now considered expendable material. Tinubu has been effectively boxed into a corner. embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/2369230/tinubus-political-career-over-bode

God bless Nigeria!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by amichaelz101(m): 7:59am On Jun 10, 2015
Thats the way forward 9JA
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by bewla(m): 8:00am On Jun 10, 2015
o my country people we get two big eyes but we no they cccccccccccccccccccc

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 10, 2015
Omenka

Barcanista

Passingshot

Gbawe

Desola

severussnape

Dearpreye

Chinolization

Customized13

NDVPF

Collynzo9

Babymama1

Babyosisi

Beremx

Mzjackbauress

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 10, 2015
Lalasticlala

Ishilove
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by psucc(m): 8:01am On Jun 10, 2015
Only if Buhari can take independent decision without doling out ethnic or religious card.
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 10, 2015
psucc:
Only if Buhari can take independent decision without doling out ethnic or religious card.

All Buhari needed was to find a way of throwing off the burning and dead weight of Tinubu, Obasanjo & Atiku and that is exactly what he has done.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 10, 2015
bewla:
o my country people we get two big eyes but we no they cccccccccccccccccccc

Could you please explain further what you meant?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 10, 2015
that's how it should be; I dont expect a party and a tribe to rule everything before but d bitter truth is Obasanjo,Tinubu and other big politicians r relevant to any party that wants to rule in Nigeria. be it in d North/ SW/ SS/ SE.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by MideCoker(m): 8:05am On Jun 10, 2015
Wen Adon comes knocking.....lol

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by KoredeBellosMum(f): 8:15am On Jun 10, 2015
chowlade:

u want this poo of urs on frontpage u r sick. maybe fraudpage
hehe
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Jk210(f): 8:15am On Jun 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

All Buhari needed was to find a way of throwing off the burning and dead weight of Tinubu, Obasanjo & Atiku and that is exactly what he has done.
I don't think he succeeded in shaking off Atiku.

Instead Atiku now has him on the jugular. He controls the senate and HOR.
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by olasmith10(m): 8:17am On Jun 10, 2015
well said, but dats if the treacherous legislative arm won't bring sentiments in dispensing their duty..And u know, wen sentiments comes during judgment, d tendency to say d truth becomes a problem..
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 10, 2015
chowlade:

u want this poo of urs on frontpage u r sick. maybe fraudpage

The truth can be very bitter, but no matter what you cal it, it remains the truth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 10, 2015
chowlade:
that's how it should be; I dont expect a party and a tribe to rule everything before but d bitter truth is Obasanjo abd Tinubu and other big politicians r relevant to any party that wants to rule in Nigeria. be it in d North/ SW/ SS/ SE.

I never said they are irrelevant, all I am saying is that Buhari has clipped their wings so he can run his show now. grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 10, 2015
Jk210:

He's the victor in all of this. Watch as negotiations throw up an Atiku presidency in the near future. Atiku teaches a lesson in patience. He lost APC ticket to Buhari during the APC primaries in spite of his dollar rain. But he didn't give up.

He only waited for the right time to strike

But Buhari can use the Halliburton case to mess him up; this will effectively check him. Buhari also has the support of the West on this.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 10, 2015
nonaira

Superstar1

BuddahMonk
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by harrysterol(m): 8:23am On Jun 10, 2015
Boxed indeed grin
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Jk210(f): 8:31am On Jun 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

But Buhari can use the Halliburton case to mess him up; this will effectively check him. Buhari also has the support of the West on this.
And Atiku can also use the senate and HOR to frustrate Buhari like he did during Obj's tenure.

The truth is, I really want Buhari to succeed in turning Nigeria around. But he's just about to be distracted by high-wired politicking. Is he as cunning as Obasanjo? Does he have the stomach for high wired politicking and rofo-rofo fight like Fayose and co?

Is Nigeria about to be caged again by powerful cabals? I wish him all the best
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Purehuman(m): 8:34am On Jun 10, 2015
this is a good development. we have finally nipped godfatherism in the bud.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by roqchiq(f): 8:38am On Jun 10, 2015
I don't understand all the noise APC is making over Senate Presidency. I thought the Legislative is supposed to check the activities of the Executive. This should be the change preached by the party. The way I see it, we now have a Legislative not tied to any one party.
Lai Mohammed is talking about the development not going to support the party's agenda, How?? Is it the APC's agenda or Nigerian Agenda that is at stake
Is it a National Assembly or a Party Assembly
Frankly, both PDP and APC should park well, nobody should own the Assembly, it is a National Assembly.

Now we have a National Assembly, they should focus on Nigerian Agenda and not on PDP or APC agenda.....fullstop!!!
The C in C, has pledged to work with the leaders, that is enough.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:39am On Jun 10, 2015
Jk210:

He's the victor in all of this. Watch as negotiations throw up and Atiku presidency in the near future. Atiku teaches a lesson in patience. He lost APC ticket to Buhari during the APC primaries in spite of his dollar rain. But he didn't give up.

He only waited for the right time to strike

You are quite right. Atiku is still nursing his presidential ambition.
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Sandydayz(f): 8:39am On Jun 10, 2015
Purehuman:
this is a good development. we have finally nipped godfatherism in the bud.
Exactly my point...
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by vedaxcool(m): 8:43am On Jun 10, 2015
When will PDP collect its Innjoo phones from Taniods? NL needs to be spared their rubbish!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I never said they are irrelevant, all I am saying is that Buhari has clipped their wings so he can run his show now. grin
as hw? That's totally untrue. he hasn't clipped anyone's wing or else he will regret like jonathan did. he needs them all to be sucessful.
Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by chinolization: 8:55am On Jun 10, 2015
Buhari why nah? Change we want, change we are gonna get. cheesy

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by PassingShot(m): 8:57am On Jun 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER, I have said it severally that PMB doesn't like to be dictated to or pushed around.

Apart from the instances you sited, ready Saraki's statement again and you will understand that PMB lived true to his words.
[quot]I salute President Buhari for remaining steadfast in his defense of the right of the National Assembly to choose its own leaders which had laid a solid foundation for the stability of the 8th National Assembly,” Saraki said.[/quote]

The meeting purportedly called by PMB to intervene, there is no evidence that PMB was behind the meeting as report has it that it was Lai Muhammed who called the meeting asking PMB to broker peace. It's no wonder the president didn't attend the meeting.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 10, 2015
chowlade:

[s]as hw? That's totally untrue. he hasn't clipped anyone's wing or else he will regret like jonathan did. he needs them all to be sucessful[/s].

Buhari is a Fulani General and not some timid Jonathan from a minority tribe. It's like you think he will be like Jonathan who had all the powers of a GCFR but couldn't use them. Wake up! Things have changed. grin grin

Hausa/Fulani is in power now not Ijaw. grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Desric(m): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2015
This is a CIA govt so either you allow Nigeria move forward toward progress and development or Nigeria will allow you move forward toward oblivion.

Nigeria is loading.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 10, 2015
PassingShot:
EUROBOMBER, I have said it severally that PMB doesn't like to be dictated to or pushed around.

Apart from the instances you sited, ready Saraki's statement again and you will understand that PMB lived true to his words.
[quot]I salute President Buhari for remaining steadfast in his defense of the right of the National Assembly to choose its own leaders which had laid a solid foundation for the stability of the 8th National Assembly,” Saraki said.

The meeting purportedly called by PMB to intervene, there is no evidence that PMB was behind the meeting as report has it that it was Lai Muhammed who called the meeting asking PMB to broker peace. It's no wonder the president didn't attend the meeting.

If Buhari can crush the so-called big guns and work for the good of every Nigerian then he has my 100% support. I never wanted a president that could be controlled by Obasanjo/Atiku/Tinubu.

A president must know that he is the number one citizen of the country and GCFR not like some timid Jonathan who never knew what to do with all the powers he had.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Caged Obasanjo, Tinubu & Atiku by omenka(m): 9:02am On Jun 10, 2015
psucc:
Buhari has never been the ethnocentric guy or religious bigot PDP tried to paint him to be. It was all a ruse to dissuade voters from supporting and voting for him. They took this so far Nigerians had to exhume a list of his cabinet members when he was the military HOS, and to people's surprise, he had more Christians than Muslims, and the tribes were more or less evenly spread.

Buhari would work with competent hands, but I know he's still try to maintain a balance between the ethnic groups. Ultimately, what he wants, and we desire is a peaceful and prosperous country.

Long live Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Personality Profile: Alfred Diete-spiff Nigerias' Youngest Military Governor / Special Conference On Securty In South East And Delta State Live On Channels Tv / Just In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another SS Wannabe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.