Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,416 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job (1004 Views)

Nigerian Economy: Here Are Some Profitable Online Businesses You Can Start / How To Make Your Profitable Business Idea A Reality / How To Build A Profitable Online Store in Nigeria (My Story with BuyMart.com.ng) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job by iMerchant: 11:19am On Jun 10, 2015
I am a certified slowpoke and a victim of a dreaded condition known as COMPLACENCY. If you don’t know about this terrible condition, it’s a disease that leads to spending 17 hours a day working full time for someone else.

It’s an illness that stops you from pursuing your dreams, goals and aspirations because you don’t have time. It is a debilitating condition that causes you to trudge through each day doing the daily grind as life quickly passes you by.

I wake up very early (thanks to the combined efforts of my mobile devices alarm) in the morning, leap out of bed, urinate, brush my teeth, bath, comb my hair (if I remember), dress up in black suit and leave for work in a jiffy. I have been doing this for years, so I don’t really see it as a big deal anymore. I am used to the daily hustle of Lagos and have built a rhythm already.

As an employee I was wired to accept that income comes when there is an activity of labour. I spend my time building an empire for someone in exchange for a monthly salary. I sell my time for money as an employee. I am paid based on service and time.

From my experience building buymart.com.ng I understand how difficult it is to build a side business while still working a full time job. You lack significant time to run your ecommerce business because you have commit yourself to your employer.

However, being gainfully employed and the lack of significant time should not be an excuse not to start your e-commerce business. I am here to inform you that it is possible to build your online store while working.

Source - http://www.realmoneyng.com/how-to-build-your-profitable-online-store-while-working/
Re: How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job by iMerchant: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2015
The Starting Point

If you want to build an ecommerce business while working, the first challenge you will encounter is what product to sell. Having a full time job doesn’t give you the luxury of time to think about what to sell but it gives you the opportunity to easily identify a need or problem need solution.

Your job gives you opportunity to come in contact with people and if you don’t have a disease called “Human Blindness” you will understand that people have problems. They have needs and it is your duty/job to meet those needs profitably.

Because of your full time job, your product should be easy to source or manufacture. Also remember that you don’t have luxury of time, your product should be something that can be sold with little maintenance and work.

Warning: You have to say goodbye to most of your evenings, public holidays and weekends if you truly desire/want to build a profitable e-commerce business. Your sacrifice will pay off on the long-term when you start getting bank alerts for product sold.

Source - http://www.realmoneyng.com/how-to-build-your-profitable-online-store-while-working/
Re: How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job by iMerchant: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2015
The Destination
Building takes time, so starting your e-commerce business on the side means you will grow very slow (if not slower) than if you start without your full time job. Your growing will be done in chunks when you make time for it. The success of your e-commerce business have a directly proportion to the time you devote in building it.

You don’t have the whole day to build your e-commerce business but you have your weekends, public holidays and evenings to build it. Use your limited free time wisely in building and growing your e-commerce business in small chunks.

Your salary from your full time job also allows you to invest in your ecommerce business. Your income working a full time job, gives you unfair advantage over those that are dropping everything to run their ecommerce business and those that are unemployed.

You also have a significant advantage over full-time ecommerce entrepreneurs because what you’re doing is a lot less risky. If you fail with your venture, you still have your job to fall back to, and even use your previous failure or current job as a learning experience to quickly get back on your feet with another venture.

Re: How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job by sluvy4tune(m): 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Drags chairs

Order guguru and Okpa by the corner

Oya Boss

Ur captain don enter class
Re: How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job by debbydee(f): 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
interesting.
Re: How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job by iMerchant: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
sluvy4tune:
Drags chairs

Order guguru and Okpa by the corner

Oya Boss

Ur captain don enter class

You are welcome on board.
Re: How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job by iMerchant: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
debbydee:
interesting.

Very Interesting Boss
Re: How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
following
Re: How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job by vivienobidike(f): 9:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
Following
Re: How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job by iMerchant: 7:54am On Jun 12, 2015
Re: How To Build Your Profitable Online Store While Working 9 - 5 Job by iMerchant: 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
Am really sorry, I will longer be updating the thread gain.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

My Worst Banking Experience. / What Business Can He Do With 10million Naira? / Naira Debit Card Restriction In UAE, China And African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.