Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password (86506 Views)

Why People Are Deleting Uber From Their Phones After Trump’s Executive Order / Crack Any Screen Lock On Andriod Be It Pattern Or Password / How To Bypass/unlock Android’s Lock Screen Pattern, PIN Or Password 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by Chillinmasoul(m): 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
Android phone users experience the problem of locking their phones and not remembering its lock pattern, finger prints or passwords. We try to shut people out not to gain access to our private information using different patterns and lock passwords, the major problem of locking an Android device emanates when the lock pattern, fingerprints or password etc is forgotten. Continue reading to see how to unlock Android phones easily.

Virtually all Android device that runs on an Android OS 4.0 above offers a whole lot of security options to lock your smart phone. In addition to drawing a pattern and passwords/pins, you can also slide a finger across the screen, use facial or voice recognition technology. Regardless of which ever lock method you run on your smart phone, functionality of each should be fairly uniform across different brands.

In this write-up, we shall ensure you have an alternative means of accessing your phone data again through simple stepped guide on how to unlock android phones. This enables you to regain full control over your phone without breaking a sweat.

How To Unlock Android Phones Easily.

Just in case you forget the direction of the pattern/password security lock of your Android eg. HTC, Tecno, Injoo, Infinix, Lenovo, Motorola, LG, Samsung and other android phones, here is a simple step by step guide on how to unlock and reset the pattern/password security lock of the phone. There are basically 2 ways of fixing this problem easily...

METHOD 1:
Using Google Account for Unlocking

1. After series of trial and error attempts and still unable to access your phone. Here in this method it simply converges showing you a message popup to "try again" or "next" to proceed to Google email unlock. In some phones, after trails it shows a popup telling you that ...
"You've incorrectly drawn your unlock pattern 5 times. Try again in 30 seconds"
If you look to the bottom right, you shall find a "forget pattern" just click it to proceed to Google email unlock.

2. Now type in your Google account username and password attached with your device and click on “sign in”.

3. After signing into your device, immediately you shall be required to choose new pattern and now you can unlock with this pattern.

Note: This methods requires your device to connect to the internet, If there is no internet connection then this particular method won't be relevant. Kindly look below for method 2.

METHOD 2:
Unlocking Pattern Without Google Account:

This method requires you to do a total factory reset of your device which implies you will have to forfeit all data and important files on your Android phone. This method restores your device to its manufacturer's default settings. See steps below...

Disclaimer; This method deletes all your data and apps.

STEPS
1. Switch off your Android Smartphone by holding down the power button.

2. Next, hold this buttons all together at the same time “Volume up + Home Key/Middle key + Power Button” until the phone boots (In devices that doesn’t have a home button just hold together volume up key + power key and make sure you don't let go until it boots up.)

3. Your Smartphone will boot up and show some strange codes, on the next screen that shows up, you should see about four ( 4 ) options, just scroll down to “Factory Reset” or “Delete all User Data" and select it. (Use the ” Home button” or Switch button to select and use the Volume up/down to scroll).

4. Once that process is done, scroll down and select “Reboot Phone”. This reboots the device without pattern/password locks.

TIPS: For navigation purpose while on the Reset Screen you can use the...

Volume Down key >> To Navigate Down
Volume Up Key >> To Navigate Up
Home Key/Power Button >> To Select

I hope it helped, don't hesitate to share your views and if you've also tested another method of unlocking your android device, kindly share using the comment box.

Originally coined from www.naijaknowhow.net

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by dayjee: 1:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
Thanks for the info bro.......

1 Like

Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by MamaDDD: 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
Thanks so much. I have been able to unlock my android phone using the second method. God bless you
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by Chillinmasoul(m): 12:16am On Jun 12, 2015
MamaDDD:
Thanks so much. I have been able to unlock my android phone using the second method. God bless you

My pleasure
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by lanrezeno: 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hello pls I find it hard to unlock my fone nd I forget my Google user name pls how can I flash the fone pls
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by Chillinmasoul(m): 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
lanrezeno:
Hello pls I find it hard to unlock my fone nd I forget my Google user name pls how can I flash the fone pls

Kindly use the second method.
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by dryakson(m): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
For security purposes, use CM locker. You can draw the pattern as many as possible with any problem.... The good news is that it captures the image of your phone intruder and send it to your email..... Search for CM app lock and CM locker... Thank me later

2 Likes

Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by dryakson(m): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
For security purposes, use CM locker. You can draw the pattern as many as possible with any problem.... The good news is that it captures the image of your phone intruder after you unlock it and send it to your email..... Search for CM app lock and CM locker... Thank me later
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by Chillinmasoul(m): 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
dryakson:
For security purposes, use CM locker. You can draw the pattern as many as possible with any problem.... The good news is that it captures the image of your phone intruder after you unlock it and send it to your email..... Search for CM app lock and CM locker... Thank me later

Thanks for the info, the above should be done as for preventive measures after following step two.
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by lanrezeno: 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
Thanks but have tried d second method still d same thing it keep on showing enter your pattern lock and I can't remember it pls help me out am using itel 1501
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by Chillinmasoul(m): 12:33am On Jun 15, 2015
lanrezeno:
Thanks but have tried d second method still d same thing it keep on showing enter your pattern lock and I can't remember it pls help me out am using itel 1501

Hello sir, if you able to boot to recovery mode.. Just do a total reset.. That second method will definitely do it if you aren't concerned about your files... Just do a reset of your device.. It takes it to factory default setting/state. Kindly, reach me through here for further queries. Thanks man.
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by jolaadebayo: 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
Pls I am using lenovo A319. I cnt find factory reset or d second option
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by bennyzer(m): 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
Observing

1 Like

Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by SayPredrag: 12:40pm On May 31, 2016
Remove forgotten pattern, fingerprints, PIN and password for Samsung Galaxy phones without data loss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXADgwgVk_Y

1 Like

Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by Opistorincos(m): 12:51pm On May 31, 2016
nice tips bro

1 Like

Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by oluwadaemilola: 1:11pm On May 31, 2016
this information is really helpful thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by zium: 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2017
thanks very much the second method worked perfectly
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by Techliet(m): 2:49am On Aug 13, 2017
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 13, 2017
Plz how should i root my nexus 5x
I need d steps without pc oooo
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by successblog(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2017
this video really helps me, thanks, i finally unlock my Samsung phone.
http://www.vicktechs.com/
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by BurdickCierra: 5:25am On Dec 11, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOZOMqgSKhc

A great tool for Android users to recover, transfer, backup, unlock, repair and more with your phone
Re: How To Unlock Android Phones After Forgetting Pattern Or Password by Harrisonsmart(m): 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2023
Now, everyone who wants to, can improve their skills and boost their productivity with a collection of AI tools.

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Camon X/X Pro Official Discussion Thread / How To Opt Out Or Deactivate | Mtn Annoying Subscription Dat Deduct Your Airtime / Infinix Note 3 (x601) Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.