Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,252 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP (721 Views)

236 People Buried After IDP Camp Bombing By Nigerian Jet - Official / Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances / "Nnamdi Kanu May Have Died" MASSOB Faction Claims - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by Johnnyessence(m): 5:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
THE Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP), Osun State chapter, on Wednesday, lamented that not less than 236 of its members had lost their lives this year due to hardship over the inability of the state government to pay their pension allowances and gratuities.

Making this disclosure after staging a peaceful protest to the Osun State House of Assembly complex, the NUP secretary, Mr. Adesoji Adedire, expressed regret that life had become miserable for pensioners in the state.

The protesters from across the state had moved from the House of Assembly to the Olaiya junction causing traffic gridlock for more than two hours.

Displaying placards with various inscriptions, the pensioners expressed their anger over alleged failure of the state government to pay their allowances.

Receiving the pensioners at the House of Assembly, the Deputy Chief Whip, Honourable Taiwo Adeyemi, urged them to exercise patience, assuring that the governor would soon address the problem. http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/content/236-pensioners-have-died-over-unpaid-allowances-%E2%80%94osun-nup
Re: 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by Johnnyessence(m): 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
Johnnyessence:
THE Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP), Osun State chapter, on Wednesday, lamented that not less than 236 of its members had lost their lives this year due to hardship over the inability of the state government to pay their pension allowances and gratuities.

Making this disclosure after staging a peaceful protest to the Osun State House of Assembly complex, the NUP secretary, Mr. Adesoji Adedire, expressed regret that life had become miserable for pensioners in the state.

The protesters from across the state had moved from the House of Assembly to the Olaiya junction causing traffic gridlock for more than two hours.

Displaying placards with various inscriptions, the pensioners expressed their anger over alleged failure of the state government to pay their allowances. God dey chaiiiiiiiiiiii there's God.

Receiving the pensioners at the House of Assembly, the Deputy Chief Whip, Honourable Taiwo Adeyemi, urged them to exercise patience, assuring that the governor would soon address the problem. http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/content/236-pensioners-have-died-over-unpaid-allowances-%E2%80%94osun-nup
Re: 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by Ezenwammadu(m): 5:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
AregbeRascal it will never be well with you
Re: 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by Acekidc4(m): 5:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
Wetin dey do Mr Ogbeni Na Pay up this people Pension Na!!
Re: 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by Tolexander: 5:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
the only way pensioners can demonstrate is through protest, of course they can't strike.

Osun State is in a mess under Aregbesola!
Re: 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by VickJames(m): 5:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
This is monetary genocide!
ICC straight!
Amnesty international won't see this.
Re: 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
Acekidc4:
Wetin dey do Mr Ogbeni Na
Pay up this people Pension Na!!
I'm happy that you are a witness to this scam called CHANGE you guys were shouting around
Re: 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I'm happy that you are a witness to this scam called CHANGE you guys were shouting around
I sympathise with Osun people. They stood with Aregbesola and the APC even at the most trying moments, but the Governor is taking them for fools. Honestly, APC's action in Osun is a crime against humanity.
Re: 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
Tolexander:
the only way pensioners can demonstrate is through protest, of course they can't strike.

Osun State is in a mess under Aregbesola!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
barcanista:
I sympathise with Osun people. They stood with Aregbesola and the APC even at the most trying moments, but the Governor is taking them for fools. Honestly, APC's action in Osun is a crime against humanity.
When I read the history of WW11 I tend to ask how was it possible for the Germans to murder 6million jews and the citizens didn't blink an eye but on a closer look I saw how the power of propaganda and lies distorts peoples thought process and makes murderers, theives, illiterates and scammers to become Saints @ dawn.

Osun state was under the same spell which was cast upon the Germans, they need to task their lawmakers to move against the governor to sit up and bail them out.
Re: 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
Re: 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
Osun never had such a bad situation under late Oyinlola (though he was a mediocre)
ECOTERRORS:
When I read the history of WW11 I tend to ask how was it possible for the Germans to murder 6million jews and the citizens didn't blink an eye but on a closer look I saw how the power of propaganda and lies distorts peoples thought process and makes murderers, theives, illiterates and scammers to become Saints @ dawn.

Osun state was under the same spell which was cast upon the Germans, they need to task their lawmakers to move against the governor to sit up and bail them out.

(1) (Reply)

Disgrace!!!:pdp Begs NEMA To Donate Food To Osun Workers / The Political Genius Of Ike Ekweremadu / PDP Group Advises Buhari To Resign Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.