Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Hillsong Music Thread...how Has It Blessed Your Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hillsong Music Thread...how Has It Blessed Your Life? (744 Views)

Thread For HILLSONG Lovers / Christians Divided On Hillsong Stance On Gays Serving In Church / Hillsong Responds To Concerns After Choir Director Comes Out As Gay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hillsong Music Thread...how Has It Blessed Your Life? by phlio(m): 10:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
here we discuss hillsong and the blessing we have encounter from the group.you can share your moment and how close their songs has brought you to the holly spirit.

here are some comments I found about hillsong enjoy song titled: ocean ....

Oceans is not to be sung lightly. You are prayerfully making a promise to Christ to live by faith no matter where He leads. Powerful!

Like · 145 · Reply · Report · 2 hours ago
Charlie Alberson
It's not a worship song... It's s powerful lyric promise to follow christ to places you could never go alone. Lead by the spirit, followed in faith.
Like · 55 · Reply · Report · 2 hours ago

Victoria Katheryne Smothers
Alright, time to simplify all of this: God is our hope, our strength, our first Love, our Father that reaches down His hand when we have fallen. Oceans is an absolutely beautiful song that embodies all of that. The song has always brought me to my knees in praise because when I hear it, I feel the Holy Spirit around me. There are tons of other songs that do the exact same thing, but Oceans for me is so simple.. It shouldn't be all about the lyrics, but the worshipping of God through your voice and outstretched hands. Crying out "Spirit LEAD me where my trust is without borders" in this world of false idols and bigotry and temptations is nothing to be scoffed at - that is one of the most important things we as Christians are called to do - TRUST in God even when the road ahead seems unclear and hopeless.
God will always provide, God is a Father to the fatherless, God is hope when the world closes in on us. That is the point of this song, that is what Hillsong was inspired by.
Not anything complicated or muddied by what "religion" has become these days, but they got back to the basis of what Christianity is supposed to be about: A loving, trusting, faithful, desperate RELATIONSHIP with God.
Like · 49 · Reply · Report · 1 hour ago
13 replies

Reginaldo Basquete
Oceans (Where Feat May Fail), No Other name. All Hillsong songs are good.
Like · 22 · Reply · Report · 1 hour ago
Don Lambirth
I love many Hillsong songs. It's their theology I can't stand.
Like · 10 · Reply · Report · 2 hours ago
22 replies

Jason Bailey
@ Scott Morrill - it may just be me, but it seems rather ironic to call "Oceans" a shallow song.
Like · 12 · Reply · Report · 1 hour ago

Mugimba Raymond
hosana, mighty to save, oceans in that order...... love hillsong, God bless you guys
Like · 2 · Reply · Report · 39 minutes ago
Nicole Carriere-Sweeney
Personally, I think "Oceans" is one of the worst worship songs I've ever heard. The tune combined with the singer's voice is like listening to a funeral dirge ... so melancholy and morose. I switch it off immediately as soon as it comes on the radio. But, for all of the people who enjoy and are blessed by the song, great! It's good that it can minister to someone, at least.
Like · 6 · Reply · Report · 3 hours ago
16 replies

Shona Williams
I love your music Hillsong United!
Like · 1 · Reply · Report · 54 minutes
Re: Hillsong Music Thread...how Has It Blessed Your Life? by elantraceey(f): 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hillsong made me fall in love with rock music. I love them so much , The lyrics in their songs , the life in there videos , everything .
Re: Hillsong Music Thread...how Has It Blessed Your Life? by Paulscholari(m): 10:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
I love their songs.. Though am stuck in producing mine.. Hope to get up soon.
Re: Hillsong Music Thread...how Has It Blessed Your Life? by cupidhero(m): 1:22am On Jun 11, 2015
Reginaldo basquete-Oceans(where feet may fail). That song takes me to a different place and time. The moment she sang the words "Spirit lead me" i knew the song was not just any song...the worship song too make sense.I have listened to it more than 170 times.The only worship song by a white person that comes close to it would be Brette Younke-all thingsr new.
Re: Hillsong Music Thread...how Has It Blessed Your Life? by phlio(m): 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
elantraceey:
Hillsong made me fall in love with rock music. I love them so much , The lyrics in their songs , the life in there videos , everything .
hillsong has been a blessing to me.....go watch with everything video
Re: Hillsong Music Thread...how Has It Blessed Your Life? by phlio(m): 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
[quote author=Paulscholari post=34641361]I love their songs.. Though am stuck in producing mine.. Hope to get up soon. [/quote.....I can't wait to listen to it....make it like hillsong
Re: Hillsong Music Thread...how Has It Blessed Your Life? by phlio(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
cupidhero:
Reginaldo basquete-Oceans(where feet may fail). That song takes me to a different place and time. The moment she sang the words "Spirit lead me" i knew the song was not just any song...the worship song too make sense.I have listened to it more than 170 times.The only worship song by a white person that comes close to it would be Brette Younke-all thingsr new.
.....hmmmmmm...their songs are powerful.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think God Calls You? / Sir, Pastor Or Daddy, Which Is Scriptural. / Narrow Is The Way To Eternal Life - An Explanation Of What Jesus Really Meant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.