Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

You Will Get The Visa If You… - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Will Get The Visa If You… (1217 Views)

Nigeria: And The Visa Fee Milking Scheme Continues.. / Nigerian Appreciates Woman For The Visa To America She Granted Him 32 Years Ago / How Can I go Through From Nigeria To Jamaica After The Visa Is Granted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Will Get The Visa If You… by Jovago: 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2015

A visa is an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter or stay for a specified period of time in a country according to Wikipedia. Many people want to travel but do not have the needed endorsement which is the visa! What is the problem? They are unable to survive the interview session. They keep trying and they keep making the same mistakes. Even if you go through a travel agency, they are unable to attend the interview on your behalf! Visas differ depending on whether they are for immigrants (family, marriage and special immigrants), foreign exchange students/students, temporary workers, business travelers and foreign press/media. So, Jovago.com, Africa’s No 1 Hotel Booking Portal offers tips on how to survive a visa Application interview so that you can go on your business trip or vacation!

Call a Friend

If you have a friend that has applied for a visa before and was granted, don’t hesitate to give him a call. You can also learn from someone that has been denied before. Juxtapose both experiences, it would definitely aid your preparations for the interview.

Don’t Lie

Many visa applicants are fond of this ridiculous act. The documents they are given to fill out are often completed with lies. It is very important they respond by telling the truth. Imagine if the interviewer finds discrepancies in your forms or statements, you would definitely be denied the visa. You may even risk being blacklisted. The truth they say is sacred!

Get Relevant Documents Ready

Your documents are the key to unlock the visa doors. Having the right documents would certainly give you good enough leverage to get the visa. You must go with all your documents. These documents include birth certificate, marriage certificate, present/former work certificate, sponsorship letter, bank statement and other important documents. In fact, take every document, but only present the ones that are requested from you during the interview.

Make a good first impression

It is not really important if the interviewer is in a good mood or not. Just make sure that you make a good first impression on him/her. This would put both of you at ease and make it easier to break the ice! How do you make a good first impression? Smiling, maintaining eye contact and a respectful posture would no doubt earn you an excellent first impression.

Don’t be Afraid

If you are really serious about getting a visa, you would ooze confidence during the interview. Even if you are not confident, just pretend to be! Not being afraid would help you respond to questions coherently and intelligently. Oftentimes, the interviewer wants to intimidate applicants with their stern and tough facade. Just ignore the facade and focus on grabbing the visa! With your confidence and response to the questions, the interviewer would gladly approve your visa application!

Some Visa application interview questions from path2Usa.com

Q: Why are you going to the US?

A: “I am going to visit my son/daughter and for tourism purposes.”

Q: Have you been to the U.S. before?

A: Give the true answer Yes or No.

Note: The consulate can check to confirm this answer.

Q: Do you have relatives in the US? If yes, who?

A: Give the true answer Yes or No. “My son/daughter lives there.” If you have other relatives in the U.S. mention them.

Note: Do not give details of other relatives unless they ask first.

Q: Who is going to sponsor your visit?

A: “My son/daughter is going to sponsor my visit.”
Re: You Will Get The Visa If You… by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
Do u process visa now?
Jovago:

A visa is an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter or stay for a specified period of time in a country according to Wikipedia. Many people want to travel but do not have the needed endorsement which is the visa! What is the problem? They are unable to survive the interview session. They keep trying and they keep making the same mistakes. Even if you go through a travel agency, they are unable to attend the interview on your behalf! Visas differ depending on whether they are for immigrants (family, marriage and special immigrants), foreign exchange students/students, temporary workers, business travelers and foreign press/media. So, Jovago.com, Africa’s No 1 Hotel Booking Portal offers tips on how to survive a visa Application interview so that you can go on your business trip or vacation!

Call a Friend

If you have a friend that has applied for a visa before and was granted, don’t hesitate to give him a call. You can also learn from someone that has been denied before. Juxtapose both experiences, it would definitely aid your preparations for the interview.

Don’t Lie

Many visa applicants are fond of this ridiculous act. The documents they are given to fill out are often completed with lies. It is very important they respond by telling the truth. Imagine if the interviewer finds discrepancies in your forms or statements, you would definitely be denied the visa. You may even risk being blacklisted. The truth they say is sacred!

Get Relevant Documents Ready

Your documents are the key to unlock the visa doors. Having the right documents would certainly give you good enough leverage to get the visa. You must go with all your documents. These documents include birth certificate, marriage certificate, present/former work certificate, sponsorship letter, bank statement and other important documents. In fact, take every document, but only present the ones that are requested from you during the interview.

Make a good first impression

It is not really important if the interviewer is in a good mood or not. Just make sure that you make a good first impression on him/her. This would put both of you at ease and make it easier to break the ice! How do you make a good first impression? Smiling, maintaining eye contact and a respectful posture would no doubt earn you an excellent first impression.

Don’t be Afraid

If you are really serious about getting a visa, you would ooze confidence during the interview. Even if you are not confident, just pretend to be! Not being afraid would help you respond to questions coherently and intelligently. Oftentimes, the interviewer wants to intimidate applicants with their stern and tough facade. Just ignore the facade and focus on grabbing the visa! With your confidence and response to the questions, the interviewer would gladly approve your visa application!

Some Visa application interview questions from path2Usa.com

Q: Why are you going to the US?

A: “I am going to visit my son/daughter and for tourism purposes.”

Q: Have you been to the U.S. before?

A: Give the true answer Yes or No.

Note: The consulate can check to confirm this answer.

Q: Do you have relatives in the US? If yes, who?

A: Give the true answer Yes or No. “My son/daughter lives there.” If you have other relatives in the U.S. mention them.

Note: Do not give details of other relatives unless they ask first.

Q: Who is going to sponsor your visit?

A: “My son/daughter is going to sponsor my visit.”
Re: You Will Get The Visa If You… by 4stylz: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
If they are not giving you; they re not. Visa is just a privilege
Re: You Will Get The Visa If You… by frankferdtravel: 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
I concur with this post. Its always good to say the truth at all times. We don't need to sound desperate when replying questions. Goodluck!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Living / Fashion Capitals:world Most Fashionable Cities. / Cheap Hotel In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.