Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation (39597 Views)

Nigerians Attack Saraki, Senate Over Osinbajo - Daily Trust / INEC Forged Saraki’s Senate Election Results - PM News (DOCUMENTS PICTURED) / CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Ephemmm: 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
barcanista:
Honestly, I don't want mark as SP. It is not his Chieftaincy title. However, should the PDP elect to have their own occupy the office, the APC present may cause a rowdy session so as to disrupt the process for rescheduling. Should that happen, the Saraki group will be forced to concede to Lawan's group so as to tame the PDP in the rescheduled election. But with this arrangement, the PDP not only have the DSP but are also in control of the Senate

Both parties were on ground for God's sake: quorum has also been formed. They are supposed to speed up the action, nothing could have happened than going to court to seek redress. My opinion though!
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
You don't play politics like dat my dear friend
Ephemmm:

Both parties were on ground for God's sake: quorum has also been formed. They are supposed to speed up the action, nothing could have happened than going to court to seek redress. My opinion though!
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by olayinkaj2(m): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
Can't believe I just read this lengthy article. Gush! Anyways, no comment, atleast I have read it.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 6:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
jayfolarin:

So you acknowledge you are mentally unstable. That's a good one! Acknowledgement is the first step to recovery!

Back to d topic.. Saraki has lost every inch of integrity and respect from sane nigerians. Dare I say he has ruined the chances of future Sarakis as backstabbing, sabotage and disloyalty which characterised his father are bukola's adopted qualities. It's already been tagged the 'Saraki Curse' in the streets. Any upcoming saraki will be viewed in the same light.

Bukola Saraki should enjoy the dividends of his selfish move while it lasts. Another chance will most definitely not come!

after Tambuwal did what he did, he went on and became a governor... wo! something bigger is waiting for Saraki
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by ollyruffy: 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
All this one na story ooo. All i know is that the moment Buhari fails to fight corruption and bring the change he promised we nigerians, he should get ready to pack his baggages out of that position.

I hope Buhari can still deliver his promises with PDP led legislatives.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by braimeddy: 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
story...too long This is not NTA 9pm news
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Forwetinnah: 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
muh4lyf:
Bro I am full blooded kwaran who should be supporting bukola, but I am not... I know all Nigerian politicians are thieves but saraki is a big evil not a lesser, saraki is arrogant, selfish and one that doesn't even want and care about the masses, a friend of mine who happen to be kwaran gave me a news of bukola sying his son would be governor in kwara and guess what he would be cos they have the machinery... It is better for a stooge to be dia rather than saraki... I understand the fact that tinubus won too much but the fact is that nothing can ever come out of a person like bukola mark my words...

Okay..granted that Saraki is the devil himself, what would we then say about people under Tinubu? APC states under him can barely survive...we still don't know how kwara would look like under Saraki's son's rule but I'm sure people will be there to fight for that position too. Political positions are never certain
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by gsalvatore: 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ephemmm:

Well said! But PDP was the real looser in my own opinion. With only 6-7 APC members in the chamber, don't you think we could have had Mark or other PDP senator as the Senate President again?

PDP needs to be smarter, honestly.
You won't make a good strategist if you think PDP could have made a president..

The wave is against them, I think this is the best they could get for now... Mind you Saraki is still an APC member.

See it this way.. If PDP succeeded as you were thinking they will be easily targeted for impeachment later on.

Atleast they can play cloak and dagger type of shit.. Do you think APC will have the stomach to impeach Saraki, their own?
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Ephemmm: 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
gsalvatore:
You won't make a good strategist if you think PDP could have made a president..

The wave is against them, I think this is the best they could get for now... Mind you Saraki is still an APC member.

See it this way.. If PDP succeeded as you were thinking they will be easily targeted for impeachment later on.

Atleast they can play cloak and dagger type of shit.. Do you think APC will have the stomach to impeach Saraki, their own?

If they can support Saraki who is a member of another party, why can't they support a PDP member? So if a PDP member is appointed, the wave is not against APC? Saraki is an APC member, are his members still not heading to court?

Anything is possible in politics: PDP has chance to become a Senate President, but they misused it. Period!
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by muh4lyf(m): 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Okay..granted that Saraki is the devil himself, what would we then say about people under Tinubu? APC states under him can barely survive...we still don't know how kwara would look like under Saraki's son's rule but I'm sure people will be there to fight for that position too. Political positions are never certain
NOTE: I haven't branded tinubu an angel, mind you when Bukola saraki father was to hand over kwara to him, that was exactly wat people said, who is competing with him naw, nobody, so it won't be a problem, if all senators had voted for him,I wouldn't have complained but his emergence is very bad for the masses... Very bad, it signaled the end of the change they voted for...
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Tylenol: 10:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
I wonder why PDP did not truly seize the bull by the horns and nominate/vote their own senate president while they had the house. That would have been the real coup d'etat.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by gsalvatore: 12:44am On Jun 12, 2015
Ephemmm:

If they can support Saraki who is a member of another party, why can't they support a PDP member? So if a PDP member is appointed, the wave is not against APC? Saraki is an APC member, are his members still not heading to court?

Anything is possible in politics: PDP has chance to become a Senate President, but they misused it. Period!
hahaha a. Forget the noise about court. When the APC sits and reason which they will you will see how the court cases will die. Even if they go to court, it won't hold water(mark my words). Anything is possible in politics but time is of the essence and the times is not in PDPs favor.

Kill your enemy from the inside. Strategy not sentiment.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Kenistry(m): 1:45am On Jun 12, 2015
omenka:
I would like to see this as a game of chess. Moves have been made, counter moves would definitely be made. In the end, whose King falls first, or who makes that deft last move to checkmate their opponent is all that matters.

#FingersCrossed.
it's already checkmate my broda.......dat akin to using a queen & a knight to trapped d king. Well played Saraki, he took d fastest route. As for me, I dnt care wic party he belongs to, dey shld jst remove immunity clause & positn dis country for true federalism odawise, we hv us anoda wasted 4yrs. Buhari cannot achieve anytin wit d laws we hv on ground.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by feldido(m): 6:41am On Jun 12, 2015
jayfolarin:

So you acknowledge you are mentally unstable. That's a good one! Acknowledgement is the first step to recovery! grin grin

Back to d topic.. Saraki has lost every inch of integrity and respect from sane nigerians. Dare I say he has ruined the chances of future Sarakis as backstabbing, sabotage and disloyalty which characterised his father are bukola's adopted qualities. It's already been tagged the 'Saraki Curse' on the street. Any upcoming saraki will be viewed in the same light.

Bukola Saraki should enjoy the dividends of his selfish move while it lasts. Another chance will most definitely not come!

What will u say about Tambuwal? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by semitunde: 8:40am On Jun 12, 2015
We want corruption to be taken head on. If Buhari can not achieve this, people that votes for him will be angry at his non-performance.

We would however reserve more rage for the PDP that made sure the path to a corrupt free nation was strewn with....corruption!
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Layksaide(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
There was no gang-up against the SW. How can that be when the PDP supported the SW to the seat of Deputy Speaker even when pro-Tinubu group were against it?

In 2011 the PdP presented Mulikat from Oyo as Speaker but the APC went for Tambawal from the NW. Didn't they betray their sister for the sake of BAT? Now they also betrayed Yusuf from Osun state but God was with him.

Tinubu is not SW "personified", he's from SW. His interest isn't synonymous with SW interests. APC was beaten to their own game by the PDP, they should live with it.

The nation should stop this propaganda

Is it not the same Tinubu that betrayed Kwara APC loyalists by making a "New entrant" Saraki the party leader? So let him kiss Remi and leave us alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Visits Omisore Over Osun Elections / Kate Hopkins Mocks Nigerians Over Balogun Market Fire Incident / I Was Once Humiliated Because Of My Poor Status. Finland Based Nigerian Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.