Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass (1702 Views)

2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle / Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit From Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass by SUCCEED3: 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hello all,

Kindly guide me on the process of applying and getting a genuine Police permit for Tinted glass for my vehicle.

It appears it's now compulsory to have a permit, though my vehice came with factory fitted tinted gass.

I've been stopped by the Police lately and they keep saying I should give them money to process it for me, I would have though, but I do not know them.

Thank you.
Re: What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass by Twinmama(f): 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
Is it a space bus?
Re: What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass by SUCCEED3: 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
Twinmama:
Is it a space bus?
No it is not. It is an SUV ( Lexus GX 470 )
But does the permit depend on the make of the vehicle?
Thanks for your feedback all the same.
Re: What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass by elshanAutos: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
SUCCEED3:

No it is not. It is an SUV ( Lexus GX 470 )

But does the permit depend on the make of the vehicle?

Thanks for your feedback all the same.
Genuine tint permit-15k
Contact me.
Re: What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass by fashrola(m): 1:53am On Jun 12, 2015
elshanAutos:

Genuine tint permit-15k
Contact me.

I stay in Uyo is it possible to get one for me? And what's the processing duration?
Re: What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:58am On Jun 12, 2015
Take 4 photos of the vehicle that will reveal the license plates and tint. (ensure its factory tint)

Ensure all your particulars are up to date.

Attach photocopies of your particulars along with a letter of application for the use of factory tinted glasses on the said vehicle, address it to the police command (in the state to grant the permit) under the office of the deputy commissioner in charge of authorizing permits.

Permit takes less than 5hrs and is free. But will cost you between 10-30k cause of bottle necks.

Now there are a lot of chaps out there that use photoshop (oluwole style) to create permits and you can't tell the difference, so be careful.
Re: What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass by Stancity(m): 10:40am On Jun 12, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Take 4 photos of the vehicle that will reveal the license plates and tint. (ensure its factory tint)

Attach photocopies of your particulars along with a letter of application for the use of factory tinted glasses on the said vehicle, address it to the police command (in the state to grant the permit) under the office of the deputy commissioner in charge of authorizing permits.

Permit takes less than 5hrs and is free. But will cost you between 10-30k cause of bottle necks.

Now there are a lot of chaps out there that use photoshop (oluwole style) to create permits and you can't tell the difference, so be careful.
Thanks for the info.

My question is this: must the car be factory tinted glass before the permission is granted to the person and secondly, is the permit renewable? Thanks!
Re: What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass by SUCCEED3: 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks for your detailed response.

I live in Lagos and I would'nt know if I can submit the said application to any Police post or it must be submitted at Police Head quarters.

Should the latter the case, where in Lagos is the Police HQ?

Thanks again.
Re: What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass by SirMalik(m): 8:13am On Jun 26, 2015
Cost 10k at polic hq in Abuja, did mine, police watch me pass wit envy, nothing they can do me, really fun to watch their eyes wen i hand dem my permit frm hq gon gon

1 Like

Re: What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Got the same question as Stancity...is a factory-tint a prerequisite to getting a permit?
Re: What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass by Stancity(m): 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
SirMalik:
Cost 10k at polic hq in Abuja, did mine, police watch me pass wit envy, nothing they can do me, really fun to watch their eyes wen i hand dem my permit frm hq gon gon
Is yours Factory tint?

(1) (Reply)

Help!processing Of Documents For Nigerian Used Vehicle. / Can You Park A Car Like This / Water Coming Out From Exhaust Pot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.