Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,971 members, 7,817,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Kwankwaso Was Right! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso Was Right! (1717 Views)

Kwankwaso And Governor Ganduje's Supporters Clash In Kano, Many Wounded (Photos) / Obasanjo Receives Sule Lamido & Kwankwaso In Abeokuta (Photos) / Buhari's Article: Buhari Was Right On Obama's Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwankwaso Was Right! by IdrisAdebiye: 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
APC Must Act Fast on Zoning, Says Kwankwaso
Kano State Governor and the Senator-elect for Kano Central senatorial district, Alhaji Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, has advised the leadership of his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) against undue delay in the distribution of key political offices.
However, in handing down his caution, Kwankwaso said any delay in finalising the zoning arrangement could amount to repeating the mistakes his former party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), made on zoning of offices which brought about rebellion, in-fighting and acrimony in the out-going administration.
Speaking in an interview with a select group of journalists at the state governor’s lodge in Abuja yesterday, the governor said: …
“My advice to the party leadership is that they should quickly handle the issue of zoning. Some of us who witnessed what happened in 2011, believe sincerely that the party should not waste time unnecessarily, because the implication of any delay will mean that some people who are interested in the positions will go round the zones mobilising support for themselves and if the zoning comes late, they would have been very strong in their campaign that they can disobey the party, just like it was in the Tambuwal’s case in 2011,” he said.
Recalling what happened with the PDP zoning of National Assembly offices in 2011, Kwankwaso said Tambuwal took the opportunity of the delay in the decision on zoning to go around the country to mobilise for strong support for his quest.
The governor attributed the crisis that later led to the downfall of the PDP to the acrimonious relationship generated by the bitter power tussle between members in the National Assembly and the party leadership.
“At the end of the day, the party was humiliated because many of us who backed him did not want to change our position and with the support of the members from the opposition parties, Tambuwal won the Speakership position against the wish of the PDP.
“Things were never the same for the PDP because I believed that Tambuwal then had better association with members of the opposition party than those from his party. I would not want APC to repeat that mistake again and So I would like the party to quickly get done with the issue of zoning, “ he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apc-must-act-fast-on-zoning-says-kwankwaso/207257/
Re: Kwankwaso Was Right! by dunkem21(m): 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
..and the weeping continues grin
Re: Kwankwaso Was Right! by chiefinalowo: 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
Let them delay the appointment, PDP will show them pepper.
Re: Kwankwaso Was Right! by Ohammadike: 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
Another blame trading thread
Re: Kwankwaso Was Right! by ahaz: 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
IdrisAdebiye:
APC Must Act Fast on Zoning, Says Kwankwaso
Kano State Governor and the Senator-elect for Kano Central senatorial district, Alhaji Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, has advised the leadership of his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) against undue delay in the distribution of key political offices.
However, in handing down his caution, Kwankwaso said any delay in finalising the zoning arrangement could amount to repeating the mistakes his former party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), made on zoning of offices which brought about rebellion, in-fighting and acrimony in the out-going administration.
Speaking in an interview with a select group of journalists at the state governor’s lodge in Abuja yesterday, the governor said: …
“My advice to the party leadership is that they should quickly handle the issue of zoning. Some of us who witnessed what happened in 2011, believe sincerely that the party should not waste time unnecessarily, because the implication of any delay will mean that some people who are interested in the positions will go round the zones mobilising support for themselves and if the zoning comes late, they would have been very strong in their campaign that they can disobey the party, just like it was in the Tambuwal’s case in 2011,” he said.
Recalling what happened with the PDP zoning of National Assembly offices in 2011, Kwankwaso said Tambuwal took the opportunity of the delay in the decision on zoning to go around the country to mobilise for strong support for his quest.
The governor attributed the crisis that later led to the downfall of the PDP to the acrimonious relationship generated by the bitter power tussle between members in the National Assembly and the party leadership.
“At the end of the day, the party was humiliated because many of us who backed him did not want to change our position and with the support of the members from the opposition parties, Tambuwal won the Speakership position against the wish of the PDP.
“Things were never the same for the PDP because I believed that Tambuwal then had better association with members of the opposition party than those from his party. I would not want APC to repeat that mistake again and So I would like the party to quickly get done with the issue of zoning, “ he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apc-must-act-fast-on-zoning-says-kwankwaso/207257/
op ure right o Jare and some political morons frm the land of the South West chose to blame the east for Dia stupidly nd greed
Re: Kwankwaso Was Right! by IdrisAdebiye: 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
please no name calling!
Re: Kwankwaso Was Right! by freedom96: 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
Yeah,I remember when kwankwaso said this.Then,I was unable to get the point.It's indeed clear now.

Long live GMB
Long live kwankwaso(pdp's presidential candidate in 2023) grin

(1) (Reply)

Vice President Of Nigeria / not again / Photos From Atiku Abubakar Visit To An Orphanage In Yola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.