Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Beware Of This Recruitment Scam - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Beware Of This Recruitment Scam (12050 Views)

This Recruitment Is Closing, Just Thought I Should Share. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Quisera1: 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
these group of scammers are using a new method that may sound real and legitimate to steal people's money. The first advertised on media and online job search sites that dia is a Greenland Oil and Gas company based in Australia that is recruiting to fill multiple job positions mostly administrative assistant. when u send you CV and application letter. they will provide you with a form where u will fill in ur details, passport number etc. the will also provide you with online interview form, afterwards they will send a congratulatory msg to work with them in Greenland oil and gas in Perth Western Australia. the will also provide u wit a form dt u will send to de Australian immigration and border protection through a provided email address like immi@ggov-au.com. you will receive a deceitful reply to scan ur documents: qualifications, passport, chest xray, result, Employment offer letter from d Greenland Oil and Gas ltd and a penal assessment certificate. the will send you de Employment offer letter with convictions of an apartment, flight ticket, work parcel and induction materials. when you follow a supplied mail to get penal assessment certificate, you will be asked to pay $400 dollars. they don't want it tru electronic transfer due to frauds bt u should contact dem again for beta means of payment.... etc. pls don't listen to dem cos de may sound real bt u will end up crying and regretting it. I know many Nigerians has fallen victim. try to circulate on dis on media to avoid others falling same victim.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by tolulopeojuola: 10:50am On Jun 20, 2015
I just saw the advert and was in the process of filling out the application when it occurred to me to check if it is a scam. How sure are you of this because I have not seen a red flag being raised except from you.
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by jamestidy: 5:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is a pure scam. i have been victimize but thank God i didn't follow up with them. The correct web site of Australia Immigration and Border Protection is www.immi.gov.au. Non of their or agent has an email with .ggov or .com at the end. Please we should be careful. This guys are in US operating all this. I just found out their real locations, IP and Name. Lahi, Wayne and San Jose are the names but operated by one person. Please share the message.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by oncolor1: 1:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
Thanks a lot Quisera1 for this!. I received exactly the same information as you described but the name of the company they used is OZ Oil and Gas Limited based in Adelaide, South Australia. The impostors used an actual employee who is the HR of OZ minerals (which is a real company) in Australia called Mark Rankmore, who you can find on Linkedin. They used his identity so anyone that googles the name will believe they are dealing with a real company.

This is the email I received after completing their application form and online interview form. Please be warned!!!

Dear Oncolor1

Subject to your recent application and swift skill assessment as required by Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) International graduate recruitment scheme, we are happy to inform you that you are successful and qualified to work and join our elite team here at OZ Oil & Gas Limited Annex as: Engineer.

Kindly complete attached EOI form and forward completed copy to Australian Immigration & Border Protection as been instructed on attached skill assessment confirmation note above.

Thanks once again for your intent, drive and interest to progress your graduate career with us at OZ Oil & Gas Limited, South Australia.

Thanks!

Mark Rankmore,
Recruitment | HR Manager,
Corporate Headquarters,
OZ Oil & Gas Limited,
163 Greenhill Road | Parkside | Adelaide | SA 5063 | Australia
(: 061-8-7200-6695 | Fax: 061-3-0543-1080,
Email: human.resource@ozoilandgas.com

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by oncolor1: 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
The email the scammers requested me to send the documents to is: border@ggov-au.com

This is not an Australian immigration email as any keen observer can tell.

Also the email they requested me to send the initial application to is human.resource@ozoilandgas.com which is obviously managed by the SCAMMERS!!!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by oncolor1: 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
The SCAMMERS replied from the border@ggov-au.com email address.

They also attached a two page document explaining the process and to contact this email address: caseofficer_border@ggov-au.com for a "diplomatic penal clearance certificate" whatever that means.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by oncolor1: 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2015
Offer Letter from the SCAMMERS.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by oncolor1: 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
Received the email from caseofficer_border@ggov-au.com. They finally got to the point where they request money. The "enhanced Australian Immigration & Border Force diplomatic regional Penal assessment, screening, clearance and certificate" is their pretext for getting your money. Looks like the SCAMMERS are based in London.

Mode of Payment: MoneyGram International
Receivers Name: David Elliot
Receivers Address: ABF Strand, London, United Kingdom. Amount: £475 GBP (each applicant)

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Quisera1: 10:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
pls be careful of any job advert dt require money, oil companies, airports, abroad. Try to research well on them cos dts where DE money is, and impostors usually use them to play on our intelligence due to lack of job.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Quisera1: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
pls I wish to know if there is anybody dt knows abt sterling bank communication and writing skills questions, pls share it with others here.
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by checherio(m): 7:19am On May 26, 2019
This scam in really back again.

How I wish could make front page.

They just tried scamming me last week.

Mine was Unilever they used and they are more sophisticated now. They used emails like

corporate.hr@unilever-group.com
careers@unilever-plc.com
immi@tss-homeaffairs-gov-au.com
abf.caseofficer@tss-homeaffairs-gov-au.com

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Pepenazeal7: 6:30am On May 27, 2019
I post verified vacancies available in Nigeria �� on a daily | Career Advice| insider info| meet a recruiter| interview TIPS |CV AND COVER LETTER SAMPLES.

Download telegram from Google play store and search for @JOBPLANET to join our large community

Let's get you your dream job today!
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Jay4joy: 9:27am On Aug 27, 2020
Thank you for saving me. I am presently receiving same offer letter now. I just said let check and i saw this post.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Jay4joy: 9:48am On Aug 27, 2020
My own scammer is oil grip energy company limited canada. I check the canadian oil companies, the name is totally not on the list. https://blog.evaluateenergy.com/list-of-canadian-oil-and-gas-companies

Once again thank you for this post.
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by JohnBayo: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
I was also sent a mail and the link was not secured.
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by kabila06: 2:40am On Sep 02, 2020
Same as me,received a mail from oil grip Energy company
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Lizisok: 7:06am On Sep 02, 2020
I also received an email from oil grip energy this morning asking to scan my international passport and fill the recruitment form. They also attached the JD of the role and other roles.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by kabila06: 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lizisok:
I also received an email from oil grip energy this morning asking to scan my international passport and fill the recruitment form. They also attached the JD of the role and other roles.

Can we talk
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by edgg: 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
I got mails from oil grip today as well, l wonder why most job portals in Nigeria advertised such scam

They came up with inability to process my visa in Nigeria due to covid-19 and other issues, am waiting to see what their next line of action will be...
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by AbdulazeezT1: 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
kabila06:

Can we talk

Can u send ur contact so I can talk with u on phone...
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by AbdulazeezT1: 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
Jay4joy:
My own scammer is oil grip energy company limited canada. I check the canadian oil companies, the name is totally not on the list. https://blog.evaluateenergy.com/list-of-canadian-oil-and-gas-companies

Once again thank you for this post.

The list was last updated in 2016.

Tho not sure of the company though.. Anybody with better instinct, so we don't fall for scam
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Abolorhe: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2020
I contacted a friend in Canada to help confirm Oil grip energy when I got the mail... He could not find the organization on the list of registered companies in Canada but he confirmed the company address in Toronto to be true... They have employees there

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by AbdulazeezT1: 3:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
Abolorhe:
I contacted a friend in Canada to help confirm Oil grip energy when I got the mail... He could not find the organization on the list of registered companies in Canada but he confirmed the company address in Toronto to be true... They have employees there

Same here, I confirmed from a cousin in Canada, he told me the company actually exist but it could be a two way things.. Either someone is trying to impersonate the company OR it is actually true.... I'm confused......
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Geos: 7:33am On Sep 05, 2020
good morning, this oil grip energy company is not I have understanding of. is there any updates concerning this recruitment?
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Geos: 7:33am On Sep 05, 2020
good morning, this oil grip energy company is not I have understanding of. is there any updates concerning this recruitment?
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by GeoOla25(m): 7:34am On Sep 10, 2020
Got a mail from oil grip energy.. but look more of a scam to me .. the position advertised was in Nigeria while Canada again when getting back!
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Geos: 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
that's my confusion too. but we're still to confirm the situation..
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by edgg: 2:02am On Sep 15, 2020
Oil grip actually mirrored another website and changed some values and words.
Check out this site http://www.rocoil.com.au, (you can verify this by right clicking on their site and then click on source code, go down to the bottom and you will see where they mirrored the site from.)

That is the site they cloned. Also copy their weblink and search them out on whois is to see further details about them.

I conclusion... You can play along with them but don't make payment to any individual directly, if you are asked to pay for work permit, move to pay it directly online to Canada designated agency for work permit.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Greatman111: 8:48am On Oct 14, 2020
AbdulazeezT1:

The list was last updated in 2016.

Tho not sure of the company though.. Anybody with better instinct, so we don't fall for scam
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Greatman111: 8:54am On Oct 14, 2020
[quote author=AbdulazeezT1

Please I'm also in dz, how can we be sure of the genuineness of Oil Grip Energy Company?
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Greatman111: 9:57am On Oct 14, 2020
[quote author=kabila06 post

Pls can we form a group chat on WhatsApp so as to carefully monitor dz oil grip of a thing?....it may be fake, scam or real
Re: Beware Of This Recruitment Scam by Geos: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
yes we can.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Neco Coordination- August 14; 2015 / Who Else Got This Text On National Youth Volunteer Program? / Vacancy At Equitorial Trust Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.