Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela (21178 Views)

Senators React To Obasanjo, Babangida And Abdulsalami's Meeting In Minna / Ali Modu Sherrif Meets With Babangida Behind Close Door In Minna. Photos / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Babangida And Abdulsalami Abubakar In Minna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by lalasticlala(m): 10:16am On Jun 12, 2015
The caption that came with the pic as shared on Twitter:

"22 years ago, Abiola (Right) gave hope to Nigerians before Gen. Babangida (Left) stole that victory"

https://mobile.twitter.com/MusadiqZ/status/609261923339780096

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by lalasticlala(m): 10:16am On Jun 12, 2015
With Mandela

2 Likes

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2015
men!!! afta so many failed trials, im now d first person to comment in a thread dat will get to front page, "wow GOD is good o, anyways to d topic all i can say is GEJ till 2029.

14 Likes

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by eagleeye2: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2015
Dine with the devil using a long spoon.
Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2015
Who would have thought IBB could betray MKO! Lessons for us
1.we've got no permanent friends/enemies. Your best friends can become your worst enemy!
2. Expect anything from everyone, cos even the devil was once an Angel!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by DjHypno(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2015
Padi padi things have tey for this country... Just that it didn't pay the man Abiola at last. Your closest pal could be the one that will shatter your dreams. Be careful.

1 Like

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by LAfricana(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2015
Check well, those fronting as your friends are most times your enemy.. angry

Babangida has always defended, said it was in the best interest of the people undecided , dumb man.. Like who sent him message

Said this b4, Abiola was a crook... But Nigerians wanted him. What mattered most was the voice of the people, an that was what Babangida robbed us of, there are so many cases God would decide on

Check my signature for international scholarships for nigerians, and latest happenings in AFRICA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by kimond101: 10:20am On Jun 12, 2015
Ground dey chop man (Ile n'jeyan)
Who no go die?
Whatever you do always remember the day you'll die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by flyestmike(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2015
BIG THIEF

SEE THEM THERE

AWON OLE BURUKU

2 Likes

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by Built2last: 10:20am On Jun 12, 2015
I make no apologies for this statement...Northern Nigeria humiliated this man till they killed him in cold blood....what was his crime, that Nigerians voted him and they couldn't vouch for his loyalty. they felt he was too richly powerful

not forgetting Dele Giwa, Idiagbon killed with a poisoned microphone, Kudirat and many others.

Today Osibanjo is being seen as a stooge planted by Tinubu, hence the treatment he is getting from the north.

their intent is to treat Osibanjo like that till he is frustrated and then resigns so that PMB can appoint his own choosen VP.

Lets go back to regionalism....thats the only way out of this conundrum.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by chamboy(m): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2015
Abiola RIP

2 Likes

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by fatdon2(m): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2015
Anything goes in Nigeria. Al I know is
that MKO is larger than life at death
than those who conspired to kill him
are alive

1 Like

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2015
22yrs later they still have not learnt their lesson

The same tactics Bola Tinubu used in painting Jonathan's govt bad in the Southwest jaundice press is the same approach Awolowo used against Shagari. At the end of the day Buhari emerged as President and dealt severely with them.

They jubilated across the Southwest on Shagari's ouster and Buhari's coup.

20 months later they swarmed the streets to welcome IBB's coup.

Fast forward to 1993 and the same useless set of people who will later form NADECO asked Abacha to take over from Shonekan.

When news of Abacha's death was announced the same confusionists swarmed the streets to celebrate.

Today history or rather yoruba madness is showing it's head again.

I say madness because only a mad man will continue doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by tola9ja: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2015
[size=18pt]South West the best region in Nigeria haters go and die[/size]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by yongnoble(m): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2015
Growing up as a kid, I remember a story my folks told me. It started with a gang of two robbers, Aliu and Musa wanting to rob a very rich man, they realized that they needed to get an extra hand and such, Wale was approached and told of the plan. With promise of fair share of the spoils after the robbery with Wale, he left his initial gang and joined with Aliu and Musa.

After days of careful planing and preparation, the trio eventually went for the robbery and alas, it was smooth and successful. At their hide out after the robbery they decided to count the money and begin sharing it equally among themselves as promised. But before that, they realised that they were hungry and needed to eat first. So they sent Wale to go get food.

While he was gone, Aliu thought it would be better to get rid of Wale so that he and Musa would share the money between themselves. He sold the idea to Musa and he(Musa) immediately bought it and they both conspired to kill Wale as soon as he gets back with the food. Wale, on his own, thought within himself to get the all of the money alone, and as such, he poisoned the food. lipsrsealed

On getting back to the hide out, Aliu and Musa pounced on Wale and beat him till there was no breath left in him and so Wale died. Being exhausted from the robbery and now the fight with Wale, Aliu and Musa decided to eat first shocked to regain some energy before finally splitting the money 50/50.

And folks, that's was how the infamous trio met their demise.

I hope and pray that similar fate does not happen to our dearly beloved APC cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2015
[b]This was then when South West produced great leaders with good minds. Abiola, Awolowo, lots of them too many to mention. It's a pity what has happened to the South West now.

Their leader Tinubu is a drug baron and local politics champion currently being dealt with by the Gambari North. Obasanjo sleeps with his son's wife and currently estranged from his daughter. Basically, he has no family! Then comes Oba Akiolu, the xenophobia champion who threatened to throw people into the lagoon. Then the foot soldiers both in diaspora and Nigeria who sign petition up and down against others seeking their downfall.

Honestly i think the South West should look for where they got it wrong. How such a loving tribe then has metamorphosed into a regional base for tribalism, egocentricity and egotistical actions beats my imagination. How they protested against other tribes in Lagos the other day makes us wonder if truly something is not wrong somewhere. Painful enough the "sophisticated" tribe seems to think all is well. Little do they know the seed of hatred currently sown by them is spreading like wide fire. Soon, all other tribes will take up arms against them and even though they stand firm, they will find out they've been standing alone.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by Princecalm(m): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2015
those were the days where hard work never pays but ruggedity.

1 Like

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2015
Abiola my hero.....

Mandela my role model......

Babangida my.........

Shoe Shiner. angry grin

3 Likes

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by CountDracula(m): 10:22am On Jun 12, 2015
Why is dis in frontpage?
Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by BTT(m): 10:22am On Jun 12, 2015
Na today?
Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by Babaneh(m): 10:22am On Jun 12, 2015
Babangida is the real cause of the problem facing our dear country today.. May God judge him accordingly...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by Vikkie14: 10:23am On Jun 12, 2015
Though i hate celebrating mediocrity but, i can't overlooked the fact that he won the '93 annulled election. Democracy was stabbed that year until it's recupiration now.

It was God' will that Abiola did not ascend the throne. Prior to the elections, there were so many riots--when i say riot, i actually mean clashes btw muslim and christian. There was this riot, i think at University of Ibadan(if my brain serves me right), where the statue of Jesus was pulled down by rampaging muslims, the chaos spreads into the city and so many churches were burnt then.

Abiola was interviewed by journalists after a jumat prayer at a mosque in Ibadan on his view on the riot. He said and i quote:
JESUS DIDN'T BUILD ANY CHURCH, IN FACT HE SEND THEM OUT OF THE CHURCH. BUT, MOHAMMED BUILD MOSQUES. SO, IF THEY BURNT ANY CHURCH, IT'S GOOD.
He was actually referring to the scene in the Bible where Jesus went into the Temple and found out that it has been turned into a buying-and-selling place, and He beats them out of the temple.
But Abiola has forgotten that Jesus word to them was that "My house shall be called the House of God but ye have turned it into the den of robbers".

He didnt drove the worshippers out, he practically drove the marketers out.
To Abiola, "The Way of the Gospel is Foolishness To Them That Perish, but to US who are saved, it's the power of God"

He got what he deserved.

9 Likes

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by intergral(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2015
Ok seen

1 Like

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2015
Nevet trust Hausas or Ibos.
Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by Pope22(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2015
He and Tinubu resemble small sha undecided

1 Like

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by petux(m): 10:24am On Jun 12, 2015
Ah ah see how dem look.....

1 Like

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by Vikkie14: 10:24am On Jun 12, 2015
Babaneh:
Babangida is the real cause of the problem facing our dear country now.. May God judge him accordingly...
Amen. I concur. Amennnnnnn and others who are treading the same path with him.

3 Likes

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:24am On Jun 12, 2015
Babaneh:
Babangida is the real cause of the problem facing our dear country now.. May God judge him accordingly...
As in, the guy messed up Nigerias future

1 Like

Re: Abiola Pictured With Babangida And Mandela by petux(m): 10:25am On Jun 12, 2015
wetin dem dae talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South-south Capital Projects In 2016 Budget.. / Independence: How To Restructure Nigeria — Pastor Tunde Bakare / Buhari Govt. Finds Silver Bullet To Shoot Down $9.6b P&ID Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.