Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS (2805 Views)

How To Build Social Network App From Scratch For Android Programmer / Lets Start A Real Web-deveopment Course Here Html+css+javascript+php+mysql / 3 Issues Meganet Limited Should Fix On UNILAG Hostel Portal By Adedayo Moshood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by dharyour93(m): 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
December last year, a Boss in the industry who's a developer called me on the challenges they were facing in changing some things in an app which they just got from Infoware Limited. The app was built with Microsoft .NET and has been compiled, hence, they didn't have access to the HTML but had to rely on CSS to solve their problem.

After several calls and emails to Infoware, they were told that in order to customise the app, they had to request the service separately. They were shown samples of customised app but it still looks like the default, just some color changes here and there. They requested that some copyright info at the footer be changed or removed and the correspondent at Infoware said "IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE THE COPYRIGHT INFORMATION BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN PROGRAMMED INTO IT".

On getting to his office at Victoria Island, I was shown the app and briefed on how far they've progressed. I logged onto the server and saved the pages of the app one after the other from my Web Browser. His company was working on a new website, so I decided to BLOW EVERYONE'S MIND by modelling the app after the old website. It was quite hectic but after about 9 hours of hardwork, I came up with something that I was comfortable with.

The pictures below shows the default app UI and also the Redesigned UI.

PS: The redesign you see here was achieved by tweaking just one CSS file.

1 Like

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by dharyour93(m): 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2015
PICTURE

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by dharyour93(m): 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
MORE PICS

1 Like

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2015
dharyour93:
December last year, a Boss in the industry who's a developer called me on the challenges they were facing in changing some things in an app which they just got from Infoware Limited. The app was built with Microsoft .NET and has been compiled, hence, they didn't have access to the HTML but had to rely on CSS to solve their problem.

After several calls and emails to Infoware, they were told that in order to customise the app, they had to request the service separately. They were shown samples of customised app but it still looks like the default, just some color changes here and there. They requested that some copyright info at the footer be changed or removed and the correspondent at Infoware said "IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE THE COPYRIGHT INFORMATION BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN PROGRAMMED INTO IT".

On getting to his office at Victoria Island, I was shown the app and briefed on how far they've progressed. I logged onto the server and saved the pages of the app one after the other from my Web Browser. His company was working on a new website, so I decided to BLOW EVERYONE'S MIND by modelling the app after the old website. It was quite hectic but after about 9 hours of hardwork, I came up with something that I was comfortable with.

The pictures below shows the default app UI and also the Redesigned UI.

PS: The redesign you see here was achieved by tweaking just one CSS file.

Respect bros, you really did a good job, watch as they reference you to other clients. kip it up

1 Like

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by BigBizzy(m): 5:49am On Jun 15, 2015
I duff my hart....you did well

1 Like

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by seunthomas: 8:08am On Jun 15, 2015
Its nice. But you are still going old school. You can create a much beautiful dashboard/portal using bootstrap. I am betting your current work is not responsive(Would look horrible on mobile).
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by dharyour93(m): 9:20am On Jun 15, 2015
seunthomas:
Its nice. But you are still going old school. You can create a much beautiful dashboard/portal using bootstrap. I am betting your current work is not responsive(Would look horrible on mobile).

@Seunthomas read the intro well, I updated JUST a CSS FILE to create this. I don't have access to the html file to use bootstrap

If you're talking about responsiveness, wait for my next post.

PS: If I may ask, what do you know about bootstrap?

3 Likes

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by seunthomas: 10:50am On Jun 15, 2015
dharyour93:

@Seunthomas read the intro well, I updated JUST a CSS FILE to create this. I don't have access to the html file to use bootstrap

If you're talking about responsiveness, wait for my next post.

PS: If I may ask, what do you know about bootstrap?
I have been using bootstrap since inception. And your fit is no magic. Just a few hours work for someone very versatile in using CSS.
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by dharyour93(m): 10:58am On Jun 15, 2015
seunthomas:

I have been using bootstrap since inception. And your fit is no magic. Just a few hours work for someone very versatile in using CSS.

Okay. If you don't mind, can you show me some of your bootstrap sites?

1 Like

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by seunthomas: 11:27am On Jun 15, 2015
dharyour93:

Okay. If you don't mind, can you show me some of your bootstrap sites?
Add me on skype:hackiprog. Dude i be baba ohhhhhhh.
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by Pins(m): 7:47am On Jun 18, 2015
Frameworks are not a replacement for a programming language,bootstrap is a product of a couple of css and javascript files working together,so is not old school to use html and css3 to design an app or website.

3 Likes

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by FincoApps(m): 9:08am On Jun 18, 2015
I agree with you. The fact is frameworks encourages laziness.
Pins:
Frameworks are not a replacement for a programming language,bootstrap is a product of a couple of css and javascript files working together,so is not old school to use html and css3 to design an app or website.

1 Like

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by thewebcraft(m): 10:32am On Jun 18, 2015
FincoApps:
I agree with you. The fact is frameworks encourages laziness.
Wrong.... Frameworks are not only bootstarp, jquery, Anjular. Nodejs they are also software's we use as developers, are you saying you've or you are not using a framework ?, why dont you code your apps with machine language, dont use any software.....

2 Likes

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by FincoApps(m): 10:45am On Jun 18, 2015
hahaha no frameworks make us lazier. Besides I'm sure I'll get more respect if I say I code in machine language. I agree I love frameworks, but also create some for myself grin grin grin
thewebcraft:

Wrong.... Frameworks are not only bootstarp, jquery, Anjular. Nodejs they are also software's we use as developers, are you saying you've or you are not using a framework ?, why dont you code your apps with machine language, dont use any software.....

2 Likes

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by thewebcraft(m): 11:09am On Jun 18, 2015
FincoApps:
hahaha no frameworks make us lazier. Besides I'm sure I'll get more respect if I say I code in machine language. I agree I love frameworks, but also create some for myself grin grin grin
Lol...Yes but only when you rely 100% on them, i know a web developer who doesnt know the difference between Css margin, background-color, color and padding but knows all the bootstrap classes A-Z, that's Laziness...

1 Like

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by FincoApps(m): 11:24am On Jun 18, 2015
Conc one grin
thewebcraft:

Lol...Yes but only when you rely 100% on them, i know a web developer who doesnt know the difference between Css margin, background-color, color and padding but knows all the bootstrap classes A-Z, that's Laziness...

1 Like

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by seunthomas: 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2015
Pins:
When your boss gives u a deadline or client gives u deadline. Do plain css and html. Dont use bootstrap or any other framework. Also no matter how good your html/css skills are it can never be better that what bootstrap offers. SELAH.
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by seunthomas: 5:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
The stupid man is the one who decides to reinvent the wheel and not build on the wheel. Wise men stand on the shoulders of giants.

2 Likes

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by FincoApps(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wow, really ? Did you just write that ?
seunthomas:

When your boss gives u a deadline or client gives u deadline. Do plain css and html. Dont use bootstrap or any other framework. Also no matter how good your html/css skills are it can never be better that what bootstrap offers. SELAH.
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
FincoApps:
Wow, really ? Did you just write that ?
100% truth. I know CSS like my drinks, and Bootstrap does 90% of what i need to write so why bother writing from scratch, all you people that write from scratch are still doing minor projects. please work in a structured company and tell them you want to build a J2EE from scratch without any framework and watch them burn you at the stakes. Frameworks are written by professionals to ensure everyone follows an ideology and easily understand a code. it would be easier for me to understand a framework code than a from scratch code. seunthomas is 100% correct for that statement.

@seunthomas dude i need to learn from you, you got some mad comments that i've been noticing when the time is right i will holla you.

Besides OP job is actually good.
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by Pins(m): 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
seunthomas:

Bro your wrong,i too do use frameworks so am not against them,just that i need all developers to know it is no replacement for traditional programming and also you as a developer can create your own frameworks if you want and use them,hope u know that?
You say frameworks are created by professionals,what are u then?
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by Pffft: 10:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
@Op Nice one there. If i understand correctly, the HTML is compiled but it references a style sheet you have access to right? I'm curious. would it have been possible if the style sheets themselves where compiled as well? as embedded resources.

1 Like

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by FincoApps(m): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
Prof. Javascript/PHP, I'll have to disagree. Bootstrap and other frameworks are faster and easier, sure !!! But it would be weird to say Bootstrap can do things that CSS can't. "Also, no matter how good your html/css skills are it can never be better that what bootstrap offers" That's what seunthomas said cheesy
pcguru1:

100% truth. I know CSS like my drinks, and Bootstrap does 90% of what i need to write so why bother writing from scratch, all you people that write from scratch are still doing minor projects. please work in a structured company and tell them you want to build a J2EE from scratch without any framework and watch them burn you at the stakes. Frameworks are written by professionals to ensure everyone follows an ideology and easily understand a code. it would be easier for me to understand a framework code than a from scratch code. seunthomas is 100% correct for that statement.

@seunthomas dude i need to learn from you, you got some mad comments that i've been noticing when the time is right i will holla you.

Besides OP job is actually good.
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by dharyour93(m): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
Pffft:
@Op Nice one there. If i understand correctly, the HTML is compiled but it references a style sheet you have access to right? I'm curious. would it have been possible if the style sheets themselves where compiled as well? as embedded resources.

Yes the HTML is compiled. I only had access to a style sheet which controls the structure of the pages.
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by Pffft: 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
dharyour93:

Yes the HTML is compiled. I only had access to a style sheet which controls the structure of the pages.
Ok, but do you think it will be possible if the css and js files are compiled as well? I am planning to deploy an offline app that will run on OWIN self host. a web api backend with angular frontend. I dont want the client to end up being able to rip it apart, remove the license on it and re-sell.
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by dharyour93(m): 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
FincoApps:
Prof. Javascript/PHP, I'll have to disagree. Bootstrap and other frameworks are faster and easier, sure !!! But it would be weird to say Bootstrap can do things that CSS can't. "Also, no matter how good your html/css skills are it can never be better that what bootstrap offers" That's what seunthomas said cheesy

I have had a personal chat with @SeunThomas and I think he's one of the developers that believe Frame works can do all things. Even Bootstrap has its own limitations. I've seen so many time that I've had to extend bootstrap in order to suit what I'm working on.

1 Like

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by dharyour93(m): 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
Pffft:
Ok, but do you think it will be possible if the css and js files are compiled as well? I am planning to deploy an offline app that will run on OWIN self host. a web api backend with angular frontend. I dont want the client to end up being able to rip it apart, remove the license on it and re-sell.

I can't tell yet. But for me, if I have access to Ur css file, I can do anything to Ur app style. I remember how I redesigned Tomato Cart to suit a client's need by editing just the css.
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
FincoApps:
bootstrap is CSS i said 90% of my work is already done in bootstrap so no need for me to rewrite my css, I don't even use css, I use Stylus and less it's more convenient for me.

2 Likes

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by dharyour93(m): 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
pcguru1:

bootstrap is CSS i said 90% of my work is already done in bootstrap so no need for me to rewrite my css, I don't even use css, I use Stylus and less it's more convenient for me.
I use bootstrap a lot but for just scaffolding. Using bootstrap as a framework for Jr project will give U r project a bootstrapish feel. I used bootstrap for http://blitzplus.com/ as well as http://creamcompare.com/ but U won't see the bootstrapish feel.

PS: Nobody should come here and tell me Cream Compare isn't responsive.

1 Like

Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by FincoApps(m): 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
smiley Cream dey respond like cream true true o. And you are right, theres always a "bootstrapy" feel grin
dharyour93:

I use bootstrap a lot but for just scaffolding. Using bootstrap as a framework for Jr project will give U r project a bootstrapish feel. I used bootstrap for http://blitzplus.com/ as well as http://creamcompare.com/ but U won't see the bootstrapish feel.

PS: Nobody should come here and tell me Cream Compare isn't responsive.
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by FincoApps(m): 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
lol, I've met people like that though.
dharyour93:

I have had a personal chat with @SeunThomas and I think he's one of the developers that believe Frame works can do all things. Even Bootstrap has its own limitations. I've seen so many time that I've had to extend bootstrap in order to suit what I'm working on.
Re: See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 19, 2015
FincoApps:
lol, I've met people like that though.
Reply me ASAP it's urgent

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Hard To Female Software Programmers / Whats My Worth As A Sun Certified Java Developer / Help changing the background color of a form in Vb.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.