Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,839 members, 7,831,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos (11707 Views)

"President Buhari's First Photo In 68 Days Since He Left For UK" - Shehu Ashaka / SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos / 5 Impersonators Of Salisu Buhari, Buhari’s First Son Denied Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Ezenwammadu(m): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
superstar1:

People will insist on buying authentic things from the malls and rice from their regions. What next?
The authentic things are imported.So they can starve while i head off to aba to buy aba made authentic things

11 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Is the op Igbo?

Ask him.
Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
superstar1:

People will insist on buying authentic things from the malls and rice from their regions. What next?

Igbos are still the ones that sell them. The authentic things will be made in Aba and the prices won't be funny

5 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by wordcat(m): 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
I wonder why the op sees this as a bullet against the Igbos. In case u don't know, this is what we will do;

Ezenwammadu:
We will simply increase the prices of the imported product to regain the tariff paid it is called transfer of burden....simple

Tell him that any bullet against the Igbos is a bullet against Nigerians. Ban importation of some goods; it will become a blessing to the Igbos because those goods must surely enter Nigeria and Nigerians will be made to pay heavely on them.

A lion is always a lion and its food is fresh no matter the economy of the jungle

16 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Ezenwammadu(m): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
wordcat:
I wonder why the op sees this as a bullet against the Igbos.

Tell him that any bullet against the Igbos is a bullet against Nigerians. Ban importation some goods; it will become a blessing to the Igbos because those goods must surely enter Nigeria and Nigerians will be made to pay heavely on them.

A lion is always a lion and its food is fresh no matter the economy of the jungle
Simple and short.The border is porous and even if it is sealed shut umu aba no nsu

9 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by stinggy(m): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
An importer, whose consignment of electronic metal detector apparatus had just arrived at the port, complained to one of our correspondents that there was no prior notice about the adjustment in tariff, adding that she discovered on Tuesday that what she needed to pay on her goods had doubled.
This is very wrong. How could they make such adjustments without prior notice to the key players?

But OP how did you arrive at this title? Are Igbos the only people involved in Import biz?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Flets: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
The earlier they realise the ibo race is wired for survival.... the better for them.

Any target on them gets transferred to the country. Ibos still run the micro-economics of Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by wordcat(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Simple and short.The border is porous and even if it is sealed shut umu aba no nsu

They've forgotten how they suffered for fuel about a month ago while Umu Igbo were in Alaigbo laughing at them.

I'm still saying it that any bullet against the Igbos is a bullet against Nigerians

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by chumakk: 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
Unfortunately, the masses will pay for it. This move has only succeeded in adding to the pains already face by Nigerians.

Baba this is not part of the agreement.
The importers will still make a profit if they sell the same price before the new increase. Our importers are just so greedy like the fuel importers

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
That's not true. The business environment in 9ja is tooo harsh. With this new policy the masses will be forced to bear it. Nobody is in business for the sake of "charity".
chumakk:
The importers will still make a profit if they sell the same price before the new increase. Our importers are just so greedy like the fuel importers

3 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Enahi(f): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
Buhari is seriously daft angry Buhari do you realize the effect this will have on Nigerian Masses? Buhari's brain needs resetting angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
denko:
Lagos Port was politics the first port in nigeria were actually in south south. the word okreka cloth was derived from one of the first port in Nigeria Okrika in river state
Did they close those ports you mentioned
Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
IBOS will never keep their mouth shut for once.
Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by fr3do(m): 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
How this come take affect Igbos directly?
Op take your time
Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Chigold101(m): 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
superstar1:

He will simply ban importation. What next?
smuggling will resume.

This zoo called Nigeria will lose so much of her revenue. The poor masses will suffer (and am sure this is not the change you were dreaming of).

The importers will take a higher risk which will translate into higher gain and too much money in bank account.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Chigold101(m): 2:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
superstar1:

okay am sure that in ur state of origin there is no mall there.

Now where will the malls get their goods from?

Do you think IGBOS donot have rice in their region? Lolzzz

Whatever happens Ndi Igbo will still laugh last and louder.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by jpphilips(m): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2015
Why do we need to adopt same import tariff with other west African countries?

What is the size of their economy compared to ours?
What percentage of our budget is serviced by FIRS receipts?
How does it curb smuggling when Nigeria needs to adjust tariff for goods for critical sectors of the economy?
Since the Government is broke, there is need to increase Taxation, we have not seen the end of this fall in crude prices!!.

Please can someone confirm if cotonou cars are still cheaper than tincan cleared cars, that is the only place i am concerned for now.
You guys can continue igboying and Yorubaying for all I care, I wonder if most of you have sense!!
A new govt policy is viewed with a tribal lens, cursed people!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by sold(m): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Buhari tactical stupidity is not change
get to know abt sometin b4 u mk a comment, this increase in tariff tin was announced since last year, by d PDP led govt, i could remember that was d main reason my cousin bros rush to order his car from d U.S b4 d implementation. And after all Wat do u expect wen revenues from oil has drastically reduced, customs bin d 2nd major source of income has to cover up.
Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by ahaz: 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
it will be transferred to the masses nah.
Op you should be sorry for us all more
dem no dy tell blind man say war don start. When u tax Emeka Emeka must collect am Bk from abiodun and aminu it's as simple as the change they voted for

5 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by BLOTRS: 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
i'm sure the OP created this thread just to spite buhari...you've added numbers to those that call buhari a dullard...you see your life? ewu
Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Ritchiee: 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Shut your halitosis infested cesspit you call a mouth if you have nothing reasonable to say.
she is saying almost all the truth...
Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
sold:
get to know abt sometin b4 u mk a comment, this increase in tariff tin was announced since last year, by d PDP led govt, i could remember that was d main reason my cousin bros rush to order his car from d U.S b4 d implementation. And after all Wat do u expect wen revenues from oil has drastically reduced, customs bin d 2nd major source of income has to cover up.
The topic reads buhari fitst tactical bulltet aganist i(g)bo and i responded according to the context of the topic and the message it was intended to pass
Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Ritchiee: 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Then people start buying Aba made products and Ebonyi local rice
You mean Aba made sandals or what?We are talking about real products...phones,televisions etc.
Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
superstar1:

Authentic things from where?? import?
I swear you no get sense

2 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Babatundetinubu: 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
My Igbo brothers, please let us stop all these every body is attacking us mentality, it will take us nowhere to say the least!

Enough already!!

this is why people are getting fed up with your people...... angry...d sense of paranoia is nauseating.. angry
Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by ngmgeek(m): 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
He will simply ban importation. What next?

We will import you! grin shocked grin grin shocked
Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ritchiee:
You mean Aba made sandals or what?We are talking about real products...phones,televisions etc.
Don't try Aba guys

3 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2015
Young03:
Anyi abiara lagos izu ndi ara

grin grin grin grin grin.... For those who dont understand, he ask

Do you think Igbos came to lagos to train Mad poeple grin grin grin... means if you hike we hike

3 Likes

Re: Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos by ChimaAdeoye: 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
So how exactly is this a bullet for Igbos?
Okay, only Igbos buy the goods in the Nigerian market?

Nigeria is indeed a ZOO!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Babaginda Aliyu: Those In Charge Of Nigeria Are Clueless / Owo Massacre : Akeredolu Backs Matawalle On Self-defence / President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.