Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,365 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. (29921 Views)

Step By Step Application Process For Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment / Thank You Nairaland.. I Got Employed To ABM Group, Owerri Branch / Online Records 67 Percent Decline In Job Applications - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
VickyRotex:

lol. I understand you perfectly cheesy

Got a friend also with a 3rd class and he's currently working in a big firm. Reason? He was given an opportunity to prove himself.

That was why I suggested that the Op should build/improve his skills. It would have been easier, if he had an opportunity to be interviewed, and proving to them that he could actually do the job. But in this case, it's an online application, that automatically denies 2:2 and below. You understand right?

And that was why I also advised him to further, probably get an Msc or a certification related to his field. That would help him, in similar cases like this.

But the good thing is, these days, most companies are more concerned about what you can offer. Than the certificates you've got.

infact i'm blowing you a kiss for that statement it's why i said most companies are lazy and are using softwares to filter CV, a software doesn't understand the dynamism and flexibility in human nature (though Machine learning does ). Tell the System give me all 2.1 and any false negatives becomes a victim.

The bold statements are the key point that i totally agree with
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by MrsAnyanwu(f): 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
2.2 isn't a course as y'all are saying, I had a 2.2 in biochemistry, I am a web designer, I am happy nd ok, what's all dis 2.2 trash all about,dis country is bleeped up, are u telling me dat everybody dat has a 2.1 is wealthy nd happy, pls spare me dat, Op God is on ur side, its not easy to graduate with a 2.2 , I know wht I passed thru, all d best
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[size=13pt]In my company, i employ only first class graduates...not because they are smart but they are fully dedicated to the job..we have thousands of people with second class and they are just your average indisiplined nigerians...it takes serious dedication to make a firt class and that is the kind of spirit i want in my company.....i also employ mostly irreligious people and atheist,agnostic,deists etc because they are rational thinkers, better behaved,and not cut out for the bullshit called faith.....they work for me and me alone and i dont have to share loyalty with an imaginary helper from the sky.....i have a strict no alcohol at work policy and i dnt tolorate people that do drugs except for marijuana lovers although not the heavy users[/size]
Oga u are jst taking advantage of the unemployment wahala in the country cos i wonder hw much u pay them;evn the ioc's & multinationals accept blow 1st class
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by VellyG(m): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
freddyly:
shut up!

Who are u... Fuck0ff
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by ismart: 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
Datazone:

Sad story but this is a warning to Undergraduate out there... FOCUS
Not many people wished to graduate with such grade. Let me share my story.

I went for a OND some years ago and I can tell you that my grades where increasing every semester, that is always better than my previous grade. In fact my last semester was almost a Distinction which really helped my cumulative with a strong upper credit. At this stage I even used to look down on those who do not have atleast upper credit.

. After my OND, I went home after exams and lost my only surviving parent that year. I was out of school for about 2 years, with serious hunger hitting the home. I managed to go back for my HND and came out with a lower credit. What does that tell you?

Despite that, I still manage to teach a few during exam and one unfortunate thing happened else, I could have had an upper in my HND. My lecturers added to my woes in that year with one giving out scores like it was a raffle draw and another refusing to mark steps but answers, in a subject that I got all the steps but failed the answer because I made a mistake in a question that affected others linked to it--it was a chain question and this two courses were 3 units each. One guy I showed my work in final exam in one of those courses even scored higher than me... by over 17 marks.

But since I left NYSC, I have never had a time without having 6 figures in my account. This year alone, I have made a total over 1 Million naira within the first 4 months of the year.. But I am the careless type and don't keep account of how I spend money.

Just few days 13 DAYS ago, I made over N250,000 and all this I have done without a Job yet but still searching.

The problem with the average Nigerian is that they don't realise that times has changed and having a job is not the only way to have money in your bank account. If a job comes, I will take it and if doesn't I will keep moving but it's not a more reason for me to be broke.

Just a few weeks ago, an idea came to me about the way a particular product has been sold in Nigeria for decades and I thought of a better way to package, revamp and revolutionize that sector. I won't be surprise if my product becomes a household name and MDs, CEOs, EDs and their likes will park their cars in front of my business to buy what I have to offer because I offer them a better packaged goods with an aura of hygiene and professionalism, a replica of what happened to the pure water business. I can't mention it hear for preservation the idea as I plan to also build it into a franchise. And this will take me sometime and money to accomplish.

Not having a job isn't a reason why we shouldn't have money in our bank account.

I invited a friend to a bar over a plate of pepper soup a few weeks ago and I was told that a former school mate who got into one of the biggest multinational oil companies was asked to go home... as I type this now, another oil company asked most of her employees to go home... we read about what is happening in Osun state... Job is not a guarantee to happiness.

1 Like

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
2.2 isn't a course as y'all are saying, I had a 2.2 in biochemistry, I am a web designer, I am happy nd ok, what's all dis 2.2 trash all about,dis country is bleeped up, are u telling me dat everybody dat has a 2.1 is wealthy nd happy, pls spare me dat, Op God is on ur side, its not easy to graduate with a 2.2 , I know wht I passed thru, all d best

Aren't you glad that the IT industry depends on skills and not a bleeping paper from an institution, I love the IT industry not like the banking industry full of faffers.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by themanderon: 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[size=13pt]In my company, i employ only first class graduates...not because they are smart but they are fully dedicated to the job..we have thousands of people with second class and they are just your average indisiplined nigerians...it takes serious dedication to make a firt class and that is the kind of spirit i want in my company.....i also employ mostly irreligious people and atheist,agnostic,deists etc because they are rational thinkers, better behaved,and not cut out for the bullshit called faith.....they work for me and me alone and i dont have to share loyalty with an imaginary helper from the sky.....i have a strict no alcohol at work policy and i dnt tolorate people that do drugs except for marijuana lovers although not the heavy users[/size]
You sir are too full of yourself one day you will find that everything you ever built n had trust in would come crashing down like a pack of cards and there ain't nothing you will do about it thanks.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
ismart:
Not many people wished to graduate with such grade. Let me share my story.

I went for a OND some years ago and I can tell you that my grades where increasing every semester, that is always better than my previous grade. In fact my last semester was almost a Distinction which really helped my cumulative with a strong upper credit. At this stage I even used to look down on those who do not have atleast upper credit.

. After my OND, I went home after exams and lost my only surviving parent that year. I was out of school for about 2 years, with serious hunger hitting the home. I managed to go back for my HND and came out with a lower credit. What does that tell you?

Despite that, I still manage to teach a few during exam and one unfortunate thing happened else, I could have had an upper in my HND. My lecturers added to my woes in that year with one giving out scores like it was a raffle draw and another refusing to mark steps but answers, in a subject that I got all the steps but failed the answer because I made a mistake in a question that affected others linked to it--it was a chain question and this two courses were 3 units each. One guy I showed my work in final exam in one of those courses even scored higher than me... by over 17 marks.

But since I left NYSC, I have never had a time without having 6 figures in my account. This year alone, I have made a total over 1 Million naira within the first 4 months of the year.. But I am the careless type and don't keep account of how I spend money.

Just few days 13 DAYS ago, I made over N250,000 and all this I have done without a Job yet but still searching.

The problem with the average Nigerian is that they don't realise that times has changed and having a job is not the only way to have money in your bank account. If a job comes, I will take it and if doesn't I will keep moving but it's not a more reason for me to be broke.

Just a few weeks ago, an idea came to me about the way a particular product has been sold in Nigeria for decades and I thought of a better way to package, revamp and revolutionize that sector. I won't be surprise if my product becomes a household name and MDs, CEOs, EDs and their likes will park their cars in front of my business to buy what I have to offer because I offer them a better packaged goods with an aura of hygiene and professionalism, a replica of what happened to the pure water business. I can't mention it hear for preservation the idea as I plan to also build it into a franchise. And this will take me sometime and money to accomplish.

Not having a job isn't a reason why we shouldn't have money in our bank account.

I invited a friend to a bar over a plate of pepper soup a few weeks ago and I was told that a former school mate who got into one of the biggest multinational oil companies was asked to go home... as I type this now, another oil company asked most of her employees to go home... we read about what is happening in Osun state... Job is not a guarantee to happiness.

My brother i tell you o, no job is secured. If i get fired today, I will continue my freelance and Programming consultant, job or no job i always make money, but dude you need to save more, I have that issue too i spend on Alcohol so much that as i type that's a load of liquor in my fridge, tomorrow might be bad, do a type of life saving or get an account and throw away the ATM card and keep saving. The lord is your guidance bro.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by VickyRotex(f): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
pcguru1:

infact i'm blowing you a kiss for that statement it's why i said most companies are lazy and are using softwares to filter CV, a software doesn't understand the dynamism and flexibility in human nature (though Machine learning does ). Tell the System give me all 2.1 and any false negatives becomes a victim.

The bold statements are the key point that i totally agree with

smiley Merci!!!

See why I love the IT industry? We deal more with skills than paper. I graduated with a 2:1, but while in school I had to cram some lines of codes I dont understand, just to have a good result. But coming out of school, I realized it has to do more with your skills, not just results, and I've been building myself. It's working. We rock!!! Proudly a CS!! grin
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
VickyRotex:

smiley Merci!!!

See why I love the IT industry? We deal more with skills than paper. I graduated with a 2:1, but while in school I had to cram some lines of codes I dont understand, just to have a good result. But coming out of school, I realized it has to do more with your skills, not just results, and I've been building myself. It's working. We rock!!! Proudly a CS!! grin

apply to Interswitch/Fidelity Bank /Well FirstBank if you know VB or .NET but i'd rather you don't that place is backwards in terms of technology am glad i wasn't employed by them or Wema Bank

babe am dead serious loads of companies are looking for Software Developers, infact dem don start to dey poach staffs
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by ceecee0703(m): 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
sewentybaba:
That job is not for u. You will definitely get a job soon. Just believe. Grade is not a thing u can lie of. If 2.1 is on your CV and 2.2 on your results. You won't get any job with that. Be proud of your 2.2, e no easy.

thank you bro.....u motivated me
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=ismart post=34732675] Not many people wished to graduate with such grade. Let me share my story.

Despite that, I still manage to teach a few during exam and one unfortunate thing happened else, I could have had an upper in my HND.
Can u pls lone me some money? not joking
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by VickyRotex(f): 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
pcguru1:

apply to Interswitch/Fidelity Bank /Well FirstBank if you know VB or .NET but i'd rather you don't that place is backwards in terms of technology am glad i wasn't employed by them or Wema Bank

babe am dead serious loads of companies are looking for Software Developers, infact dem don start to dey poach staffs

Ehmmm no plans for that right now. Currently doing my Internship program. Focusing on Forensics Security. Gotten admission for it already. Beginning my Msc/MEng in 3 months from now.

Focusing more on that and my business right now... Afterall even when you work for a company, its good to be self employed smiley

Business pays, always help you to have something you can fall back on.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
VickyRotex:

Ehmmm no plans for that right now. Currently doing my Internship program. Focusing on Forensics Security. Gotten admission for it already. Beginning my Msc/MEng in 3 months from now.

Focusing more on that and my business right now... Afterall even when you work for a company, its good to be self employed smiley

Business pays, always help you to have something you can fall back on.

Wow nice maybe you can share your knowledge with me I like learning new stuffs. Yeah having your own business is way better. Something I have to think about in the long run. Am too technical which is a problem but am learning the business side gradually.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by InvertedHammer: 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
prettyjo:
sad

sorry@op.

but seriously,we Nigerians are really the ones spoiling/corrupting this country.
All this preference for ist class and second class upper should definitely stop.those who had lower grades might even be better than they.

As far as am concerned,a 2.2 is not a lower grade.

@op,God is preparing your testimony,just keep trusting in him.

modified#
one thing is to quote me,another is to type something meaningful.

quote me when you have something meaningful to say
/
A very good suggestion.

I think you should lead the pack by building up a business and hiring people with 2.2 or lower to run it.

\
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by VickyRotex(f): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
pcguru1:

Wow nice maybe you can share your knowledge with me I like learning new stuffs. Yeah having your own business is way better. Something I have to think about in the long run. Am too technical which is a problem but am learning the business side gradually.

lol. Sure you're welcome, willing to share. About business, it's all about Strategy and Balancing.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Dubemkelly(m): 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
Reality check, just quite a few graduated with a 2.1, private universities are responsible for the increased no. My take, do ur best in school n become a better graduate. Fvck grades
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by ismart: 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
pcguru1:

My brother i tell you o, no job is secured. If i get fired today, I will continue my freelance and Programming consultant, job or no job i always make money, but dude you need to save more, I have that issue too i spend on Alcohol so much that as i type that's a load of liquor in my fridge, tomorrow might be bad, do a type of life saving or get an account and throw away the ATM card and keep saving. The lord is your guidance bro.
Thanks man. Actually, I am trying to scale up smiley smiley smiley. I think i just need to plan properly. How can one become a software developer bro? Can you teach me? I need more IT skills now. I am traveling to lagos next week just to learn Power POINT, Excel and MS suit.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by piagetskinner(m): 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nigeria emphasises too much on paper qualification +peanut salaries#chai
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by izutex007(m): 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
victorels:

I have no doubt about that. I just decided to get my frustration out to regain my peace.
I am cool and consciously watching.
Thank you sha.

thts ok... May d peace b permanent in Jesus name, amen
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by criuze(m): 7:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
imagine insulting a promising young NIGERIAN just because of unemployment. do know how many people that work in Texas alone with only high school cert
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by mowah: 10:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
victorels:
This is a torture. I was very optimistic of getting this job because it is my field and I have sufficient experience on the job, But my application was abruptly decline by the ATS because I had 2:2.

Frustrated. Maybe I should start doing some white lies about my grade. What do you think people.
what's the big deal?.
that's why you really need to study hard in school.
studying hard in secondary will get you your dream course which is probably a good one and studying hard in university will get you a good grade. seriousness in school really pays because it only last for few years compared to the period you'll enjoy it.
so my brother, it's your fault. you should have studied more
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chinaimporter:

iwu a fool..
First class employer online..
Broke Nigger offline..

May the helper in the sky forgive u.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
ismart:
Thanks man. Actually, I am trying to scale up smiley smiley smiley. I think i just need to plan properly. How can one become a software developer bro? Can you teach me? I need more IT skills now. I am traveling to lagos next week just to learn Power POINT, Excel and MS suit.

trust me you don't need to travel, luckily there's internet today during my times internet was for priviledged students, just go online and type Office tutorials and do praticals. Also i don't use Microsoft Office on my system as i don't Windows i use Linux.

1 Like

Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by MYSTERIOUS2ALL: 12:38am On Jun 14, 2015
Chinaimporter:
Do U Know First Class results can be gotten through bribe
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Samyj247: 4:57am On Jun 14, 2015
pcguru1:

when you have a skill nothing stops you, my brother niyiokeowo if you google him you will see Graphic Designer works at GTBank later Ndani now SME Market Hub, we begged him to remain in school but he wanted to drop out. He graduated with a 3rd Class from convenant. I like my brother, he didn't care right now GTbank has a policy too for 2.1 employees right ? he got employed after seeing his works and his jobs have been on GTBank website.

Now what am i saying I am an organization i see someone who is talented and is good but he has a 2.2 or 3rd class you think that would stop me from hiring the person. I have 2 bsc one 2.2 and 1 first class i made a 2.2 because i had no interest in that course i spent all my life reading programming instead of business admin which was boooooooooring, I have been employed/worked both internationally and locally and they have never asked for my certificate. I interview for my organization and certification is the least thing we look at. We are not an academia so why do we need to focus on certificates unless there's an award for companies with the most 1st class staffs. lol

NOTE: Excuse my blunders i type fast cheesy
pls what is d name of ur company.
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Samyj247: 5:00am On Jun 14, 2015
kolaaderin:

Exactly what i did and i got my dream Job just two months after, now rocking all related Jobs with a good pay and Gods grace to a greater height.
My advice, dont wait till its too late, make a decision now and move on to avoid this continuous embarrassment and complain from employers. Once u have your Masters, u have a leverage above most graduates and this also help a lot in the future as most with higher first degree ends it there with experience not because they cant do it but because their time has been mortgaged as at right time for them to have it, while your 2:2 already has a second degree to brag with which will sometime gives u an edge over them later in the future.
wao interested in this. You graduted with a 2:2 and went ahead for your masters immediately, right?
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Chinaimporter: 7:51am On Jun 14, 2015
MYSTERIOUS2ALL:

Do U Know First Class results can be gotten through bribe

All na type of hustle and dedication.....anything you do should be well done and excellent
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by topsco(m): 8:57am On Jun 14, 2015
whatever will be will be....
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 14, 2015
Samyj247:
pls what is d name of ur company.
hit me by mail , as much as am open, that's something i keep private, i can tell you in mail ? looking for a job ? are you a developer ?
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 14, 2015
pcguru1:

trust me you don't need to travel, luckily there's internet today during my times internet was for priviledged students, just go online and type Office tutorials and do praticals. Also i don't use Microsoft Office on my system as i don't Windows i use Linux.

Sorry i didn't answer your question "How can one be a Software Developer ?

Truth is A Computer Science Graduate has a good advantage because of the curriculum but i studied Bus Admin in my first bsc and later studied Conputer Information System in my 2nd bsc and Aptech, you don't need the school because i only went there for certificate and they didn't do anything for me.

First Read on Computer Science then look on books about
1. Algorithm
2. Discrete Mathematics
3. Data Structure
4. Basic statement syntax
5.Variables
6.Math operators, assignment operators
7.Strings
8.Functions
9.Logic and conditionals
10.Loops
11.Arrays
12. Objects (Object Oriented Programming)

Every Programming language covers this, then you have to decide which field you want to enter

1. Web Development:

1.1 Front end Development (Designing of Web Applications/Business Application on Client Side, Logic and interactivity and other stuffs like that
Technology Used: HTML5/CSS3/ JavaScript (Any JavaScript Framework))
1.2 Backend Development: Server Sided Solutions building the server that houses the web apllications and stores data
Technology Used: Java/PHP/.NET/NodeJS/Ruby/Groovy/Python/Scala/Go (List is long)

2. Mobile Development
Technology: PhoneGap or Apache Cordova / Android SDK/ Objective C or Swift/ XAML / Xamarin / Blackberry Native SDK /NativeScript

3. Desktop Development : Although this is a bit rare not sure if much people still do this as everything is now a cloud solution
Technology: C++/C#/Java/Python/Go/JavaScript (Electron using Chrome Shell not common it's still HTML/CSS and JavaScript)/ can't think of any more techs these are the standard

4. Quality Assurance: Test Developer Codes well some QA have Developers kowledge
Technology: Selenium WebDriver, Ruby mostly used for Automating tests something and mostly/any WebDriver insert goes here and also a mad load of Unit Test Solutions

5. Infrastructure : Truth is i don't what to know this guys but they main the environment for the application and ensure configurations are in place
Technology: Any Solution that helps configuration easy but mostly geared towards programming language that can manipulate other languages easily Ruby/Python/NodeJS (yes am adding it, I use Node to configure other apps)

There are lots and lots and lots of Roles coming out everyday, come to the Programming section, we and some guys are always active there, open a thread using "How to become a Software Engineer" and we will bless you with information, I have helped gotten a job for someone on Nairaland works a company that built Precurio, also met another dev here farouqlib and worldbest. It is good right now I can walk into any bank and get a job if am interested, but most banks outsource their coding task.

ciao
Re: After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline. by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 14, 2015
VickyRotex:

lol. Sure you're welcome, willing to share. About business, it's all about Strategy and Balancing.
Can i send you a PM, so maybe when you get to school we can chat and you can share anything with me, Assignments and curriculum and stuff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emirate Cabin Female Crew Needed / Got A Job In A Multinational Company (3rd Class) / Citibank Management Trainee Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.