Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Your Approach To Reluctant Debtors - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Approach To Reluctant Debtors (563 Views)

How Do You Approach A Man Who Is Wielding Cutlass? / The Reason why wives feel reluctant to host their inlaws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Approach To Reluctant Debtors by usermane(m): 10:18am On Jun 13, 2015
Good day. I need your views on reluctant debtors. A debtor who almost never pays you and when he does, it is after letting you endure undue frustrations, disappointments and waste of time.

Do you lend money you cannot afford to lose or might need in few weeks to desperate persons who promise to pay in a few days?

For how long will you endure before you start bothering your debtor if he fails to pay?

What kind of excuses are you willing to tolerate from a reluctant debtor and how will you react on discovering he had been lying to you?

Thanks in advance.

<iframe width="420" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pxEBlAsNzjQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Re: Your Approach To Reluctant Debtors by Cutehector(m): 10:20am On Jun 13, 2015
I let it go... But they shouldn't in any way dare come ask me for money..
Re: Your Approach To Reluctant Debtors by usermane(m): 10:22am On Jun 13, 2015
Let me add a bit more context.

I lent a colleague a sum of money 2 months ago. It was on a friday night and he promised to pay back by Monday. I knew i couldn't afford to lend so much at that time, but he pleaded desperately and i fell for it. Now it has been 2 months and he has only paid a third of his debt, often avoiding me, lamenting on unpaid salaries. Today he 'll announce he had gone to the ATM but was unable to withdraw, next week he 'll explain another fellow owes him and is paying back over the weekend and we agree to meet next week, next week am waiting at his workplace but lo and behold, he is no where near.

What do you suggest i do?
Re: Your Approach To Reluctant Debtors by usermane(m): 10:24am On Jun 13, 2015
Cutehector:
I let it go... But they shouldn't in any way dare come ask me for money..

Thanks, but supposing you need the money and have only two alternatives;

to borrow from someone else or to press your debtor, which will you pick?
Re: Your Approach To Reluctant Debtors by Cutehector(m): 10:29am On Jun 13, 2015
usermane:

Thanks, but supposing you need the money and have only two alternatives;

to borrow from someone else or to press your debtor, which will you pick?
like I said earlier, I leav him .... Curently a guy is owing me six grand, and I needed it badly, he kept on telln me cock and bull stories, I even got him a job. Nw dis is hw I get a paybak. I just told him to forget abt it... His conscience will not allow him to dare ask me for help weneva he goes in need...

(1) (Reply)

Only For A Young Dad And Mum / Luminous Inverter & Solar Promo / Woman Accidentally Delivers Her Baby Inside Pit Toilet! Miracle Baby Survives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.