Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ (1346 Views)

Why Are Most Upcoming Naija Artistes Wack / Top 10 Emcees Of The First Half Of 2016 / Nigerian Music Genre Is Not WACK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 13, 2015
the level of wackness is quite alarming. It's almost like they never listen to themselves before going to the booth to regurgitate their baloney.

I'm still trying to fathom the retardness of this line from Iceprince : Life is not fair, I’m thinking of how to bleach
only a nincompoop that never got formal education would think that was a clever line. they have zero connection & absolutely make no sense.

I can't start listing out all the incredibly dead punchlines from Nigerian Emcees, even from the so-called Modenine.

I get appalled when people say these wackos are killing it. they don't punchline well, they can't write poly-syllabic rhymes, their wordplays are awful, their story-telling ability is infinitesimal & their flow is elementary.

where are all the d0pe emcee in Nigeria? are they non-existent or what? or do we need to start having work-shops for aspiring rappers?
It's only Boogey I listen to nowadays & he's not even getting the accolades he should. ✘

1 Like

Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by alberto2k(m): 11:37am On Jun 13, 2015
i juss say make i helep u comment grin
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 13, 2015
Darkrebel666:
the level of wackness is quite alarming. It's almost like they never listen to themselves before going to the booth to regurgitate their baloney.

I'm still trying to fathom the retardness of this line from Iceprince : Life is not fair, I’m thinking of how to bleach
only a nincompoop that never got formal education would think that was a clever line. they have zero connection & absolutely make no sense.

I can't start listing out all the incredibly dead punchlines from Nigerian Emcees, even from the so-called Modenine.

I get appalled when people say these wackos are killing it. they don't punchline well, they can't write poly-syllabic rhymes, their wordplays are awful, their story-telling ability is infinitesimal & their flow is elementary.

where are all the d0pe emcee in Nigeria? are they non-existent or what? or do we need to start having work-shops for aspiring rappers?
It's only Boogey I listen to nowadays & he's not even getting the accolades he should. ✘

Sometimes I wonder who is more foolish. The artistes or their dumb followers
Once heard some stvpid fan say Nigerian Emcees will murder any of the best in the US

Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 13, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Once heard some stvpid fan say Nigerian Emcees will murder any of the best in the US

that must be vector. he was once asked who he'd ever like to freestyle with & he said shawn carter.
some bloggers on a certain site then opined that he[vector] would floor Jay-z in a freestyle session. I almost laughed my guts out when I read that grin
the same vector that couldn't freestyle to save his life on Jimmy jump-off & kept on stuttering like a r£tard with down-syndrome..lol

Nigerian rappers need to learn how to rap.
I can't remember the last time I heard a good storytelling track from a home-based rapper. ✘
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 13, 2015
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by sinizia: 11:54am On Jun 13, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

@ Embolden, that's enough reason for you to waste all the bullets in any 9mm on the dumbfùck!! What a rétard!!
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by sinizia: 11:58am On Jun 13, 2015
The wackiest and overrated of them all, who can't rap to save his life is the wacktard called Ice Prince. I stopped taking BET awards serious when they nominated this wack rapper. Phenom will murk that over-hyped MC any day, anytime!!
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
sinizia:
The wackiest and overrated of them all, who can't rap to save his life is the wacktard called Ice Prince. I stopped taking BET awards serious when they nominated this wack rapper. Phenom will murk that over-hyped MC any day, anytime!!

Phenom? isn't it that yaba dude?
abeg. they are all birds of the same plumage. phenom is only slightly better.

•one thing nigerian emcees really have to understand is that it's not only about spewing punchlines on a track in a nondirectional manner all the time[it's acceptable in cyphers & flex-tracks]
•they need to start taking lyricism seriously & start making meaningful albums/tracks . they also need to master the art of story-telling while simultaneously bludgeoning the listeners with mind-blowing wordplays, similes & intricate multi-syllabic rhymes. .

look at Kendrick Lamar for example.. every of his album is the continuation of the story he was telling in the previous album & when he raps you just feel like you are in a movie.
artists like nas, eminem, immortal technique, lupe fiasco, aesop rock etc paint pictures so clearly & perfect that you'd almost think you were in a colosseum watching the remake of Oedipus Rex ..

why can't nigerian emcees do this & put the continent on the radar?
my official debut track is coming out after the tourney. It's titled 'unspoken'.. maybe that would serve as an exemplar to how nigerian emcees should rap.. I'm going extremely ballistic on the track! cheesy
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by sinizia: 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Phenom? isn't it that yaba dude?
abeg. they are all birds of the same plumage. phenom is only slightly better.

•one thing nigerian emcees really have to understand is that it's not only about spewing punchlines on a track in a nondirectional manner all the time[it's acceptable in cyphers & flex-tracks]
•they need to start taking lyricism seriously & start making meaningful albums/tracks . they also need to master the art of story-telling while simultaneously bludgeoning the listeners with mind-blowing wordplays, similes & intricate multi-syllabic rhymes. .

look at Kendrick Lamar for example.. every of his album is the continuation of the story he was telling in the previous album & when he raps you just feel like you are in a movie.
artists like nas, eminem, immortal technique, lupe fiasco, aesop rock etc paint pictures so clearly & perfect that you'd almost think you were in a colosseum watching the remake of Oedipus Rex ..

why can't nigerian emcees do this & put the continent on the radar?
my official debut track is coming out after the tourney. It's titled 'unspoken'.. maybe that would serve as an exemplar to how nigerian emcees should rap.. I'm going extremely ballistic on the track! cheesy

Phenom is not a top-notch rapper, but ALL his bars floors that of Ice Wack. Phenom's bars wil bury Ice Wack alive. Listen to both of their verses and confirm. There's no Ice Wack's bars that comes close to Phenom's bars on 6 foot 7 foot remix off M.I's Illegal Music 2 mixtape

The truth is that Kendrick and co are from the culture that pioneered Hiphop so they will keep being the apex predators. That's like their culture just like Fuji, Highlife music is indigenous to us. But i think the main reason our rappers ain't on Kendrick's level apart from the language is the fact that if they start doling out multi-syllabic rhyming, they won't sell. How many people in Naija listen to Mode9's rap? Or that of Jesse Jagz's? They prefer pangolo raps like "Indomie" etc. Good rappers like Boogey will never make it in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by softvio(m): 1:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
sinizia:

Phenom is not a top-notch rapper, but ALL his bars floors that of Ice Wack. Phenom's bars wil bury Ice Wack alive. Listen to both of their verses and confirm. There's no Ice Wack's bars that comes close to Phenom's bars on 6 foot 7 foot remix off M.I's Illegal Music 2 mixtape

The truth is that Kendrick and co are from the culture that pioneered Hiphop so they will keep being the apex predators. That's like their culture just like Fuji, Highlife music is indigenous to us. But i think the main reason our rappers ain't on Kendrick's level apart from the language is the fact that if they start doling out multi-syllabic rhyming, they won't sell. How many people in Naija listen to Mode9's rap? Or that of Jesse Jagz's? They prefer pangolo raps like "Indomie" etc. Good rappers like Boogey will never make it in Naija.

Bro.. U just nailed it.. Inasmuch i don't like the mediocrity playin in d industry.. U can't sell the white culture here when d main culture is still making wave.. And do remember dis is music business nt rap battles for textcees..

My opinion tho

1 Like

Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
sinizia:

true ✘

sinizia:

The truth is that Kendrick and co are from the culture that pioneered Hiphop so they will keep being the apex predators

I vehemently disagree. there was the taxonomic categorization of rap as a black thingy till eminem emerged from the underground rap battle circuit & usurped the so-called pioneers from the stool. it didn't originate from our soil doesn't necessarily mean we can't outdo the originators✘

sinizia:

How many people in Naija listen to Mode9's rap? Or that of Jesse Jagz's? They prefer pangolo raps like "Indomie" etc. Good rappers like Boogey will never make it in Naija.

modenine is simply an obstinate & egoistic emcee that lacks business acumen.
even slimshady did commercial/danceable tracks. why is he adamant & unyielding to advises.
he lacks creativity that's all plus he isn't that good as well.
I can use multi-syallabic rhymes throughout an album rapping about relatable stuffs ranging from okada riders to football viewing-centers.
all I need to do is have a concept & supplwment it with dark humour. . easy as whistling Dixie & I woukd hit gold. rappers just have to be creative.. ✘
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
softvio:

Bro.. U just nailed it.. Inasmuch i don't like the mediocrity playin in d industry.. U can't sell the white culture here when d main culture is still making wave .. And do remember dis is music business nt rap battles for textcees..

My opinion tho

did you smoke crack? rap is a white culture?

what is stopping nigerian emcees from rapping about things in their environs ? does it take anything away from their technicality or lyricism?
by the way,they aren't even technical or lyrical.

eminem rapped about what's relatable to his folks over there & that's why he blew up. nigerian emcees should emulate that as well. ✘
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by sinizia: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
Darkrebel666:

true ✘

I vehemently disagree. there was the taxonomic categorization of rap as a black thingy till eminem emerged from the underground rap battle circuit & usurped the so-called pioneers from the stool. it didn't originate from our soil doesn't necessarily mean we can't outdo the originators✘

Eminem is an American, Kendrick and all those Black rappers are Americans. They speak clean English though the blacks add slang to theirs. Haven't you seen how Nigerians who were formerly living here but later start living in the States, have a different English intonations when they finally come back? Eminem can't outdo any Nigerian rapper in Pidgin rap. So it'll take high level of determination and some clean English to get Nigerians living here to 'em American rappers' level. If Wale grew up and still lives in Nigeria, he won't be that popular in rap.

Darkrebel666:
modenine is simply an obstinate & egoistic emcee that lacks business acumen.
even slimshady did commercial/danceable tracks. why is he adamant & unyielding to advises.
he lacks creativity that's all plus he isn't that good as well.
I can use multi-syallabic rhymes throughout an album rapping about relatable stuffs ranging from okada riders to football viewing-centers.
all I need to do is have a concept & supplwment it with dark humour. . easy as whistling Dixie & I woukd hit gold. rappers just have to be creative.. ✘

Mode9 is good, it's just he's obstinate like you said and refused to do commercial and danceable track. That's the bane of his musical career. But when it comes real rap, he bests other commercial wacktards like Ice Wack. The cypher they did some years back, ONLY Mode9 repped well, others were wack!!.
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by softvio(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
Darkrebel666:

what is stopping nigerian emcees from rapping about things in their environs ? does it take anything away from their technicality or lyricism?

eminem rapped about what's relatable to his folks over there & that's why he blew up. nigerian emcees should emulate that as well. ✘

lol bro u just sounded like i du support dia wackness.... @ d bold maybe i misqouted wat i meant tu say.. Apart from som few emcees away lyrcism dsnt pay much if not ,ur frends like acehood,Rich homie quan,2chainz(lolz) wudnt b known
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
Statistically,98% of Nigerian emcees are wack stars,75% of the US mainstream emcees are also wack stars.

Hip hop is a genre that promote social awareness,conscious issues and political enlightenment and that's why its hip hop,Hip is slang word for intelligence and hop means the movement but rappers like lil wayne,rick ross,2chainz,brisco,souljaboy,tyga etc raps about their shopping list,cars and the b#tch the f#*k the night before.

Hip hop officially died back in 1995 at the source award,that was day the conflict between the east coast and west coast started,then biggy and pac ignited the tussle,fight for supremacy.

The reason why you hear many mainstream emcees sell millions of copies because,people appreciate bad than good and bad is easier to do than good,lil wayne could sell 2million copies in a week and the intelligent underground rapper like Talib kweli would on sell 200 thousand same week,it doesn't mean lil wayne is a better emcee,it only means 2million people are as dumb as lil wayne.

Coming down to Nigeria,also same replica and one thing is common,the less intelligent and average minded individual accepts these wack record making the rappers net more than they gross before because ignorance is bliss,same thing applies to the wizkid and davido,can somebody please tell me what the hell is "I want your body sleeping in my beddddddd" in a song that is meant to be listened by predominantly youth and younging,tomorrow when a girl is been raped you blame it on the individual forgetting a song motivated him to fall victim to his own erection.

Have said/written enough,let me just take a chill pill and keep listening to my intelligent underground emcees who keeps me intelligent and brilliant....I love my Talib kweli,immortal Technique,hopsin,crooked I,canibus amongst others.

C'est la vie

1 Like

Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by danbrowndmf(m): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
Darkrebel666:

The problem is not the matter,the audience is the problem...lemme give example of iyanya...iyanya use to be a very good RnB singer,he even dropped an RnB album yet nobody look is way not until he sang kukere...boogey new mixtape is what i call Hiphop,buh the question is,Will they buy it? I smell boogey to go commercial soon...we have good rappers buh they have few audience that why it hard to hear them..one new dude again is PAYBAC,the dude is another dope head,who is ever gonna listen to him here? AQ dropped an album(a good album with storytelling) how many people is aware of it? None...it hard to go hard in Nigeria and still make money...it really hard bro...
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by danbrowndmf(m): 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
sinizia:

Eminem is an American, Kendrick and all those Black rappers are Americans. They speak clean English though the blacks add slang to theirs. Haven't you seen how Nigerians who were formerly living here but later start living in the States, have a different English intonations when they finally come back? Eminem can't outdo any Nigerian rapper in Pidgin rap. So it'll take high level of determination and some clean English to get Nigerians living here to 'em American rappers' level. If Wale grew up and still lives in Nigeria, he won't be that popular in rap.

Mode9 is good, it's just he's obstinate like you said and refused to do commercial and danceable track. That's the bane of his musical career. But when it comes real rap, he bests other commercial wacktards like Ice Wack. The cypher they did some years back, ONLY Mode9 repped well, others were wack!!.
@Ice Wack- IcePrince,gat me laughing sooo hard "grin"

For me..am not saying MI is the best rapper buh for me MI is the most complete Rapper around...

He knows how to go commercial on album with story telling e.g "My belle My head" jus look at the creativity in that song.how he explain our bad economy and every bad situation we are facing.
Or look at that song on his new album "HUMAN BEING" the story behind the song his jus great...

Also check out is Illegal Mixtape 1 and 2

Lost ft loose kaynon
6foot ft Phenom....all this are dope track ....

I know many rappers are better than him lyrically,buh he understand the music and the business!
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by sinizia: 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
danbrowndmf:
@Ice Wack- IcePrince,gat me laughing sooo hard "grin"

For me..am not saying MI is the best rapper buh for me MI is the most complete Rapper around...

He knows how to go commercial on album with story telling e.g "My belle My head" jus look at the creativity in that song.how he explain our bad economy and every bad situation we are facing.
Or look at that song on his new album "HUMAN BEING" the story behind the song his jus great...

Also check out is Illegal Mixtape 1 and 2

Lost ft loose kaynon
6foot ft Phenom....all this are dope track ....

I know many rappers are better than him lyrically,buh he understand the music and the business!

You are right. M.I is what Mode9 would never be - an all rounder. M.I knows how to do commercial and real rap. He just can't lose, he adapts with the new trends. Mode9 is like an ostrich, his head is still stuck in the sands.
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by danbrowndmf(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
sinizia:

You are right. M.I is what Mode9 would never be - an all rounder. M.I knows how to do commercial and real rap. He just can't lose, he adapts with the new trends. Mode9 is like an ostrich, his head is still stuck in the sands.
Yeah for me MI is the most Complete around here..mode9 has a way of telling deep story on a good day,if he wishes to have a good day though.cheesy

i already write a freestyle on jay z open letter instrumental...all punchelines and wordplay..buh because of this topic am...gonna change it and Mak a story line off it something like "10PM IN MY STREET"

how u see that? Wanna write a story to the above topic.cheesy a mixtape though.cheesy

Definately am still gonna do a commercial song..check ma signature dats a real type of song most nigerians want.cheesy
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by CLINTONSOLJA(m): 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
Guy am in wana be in the line
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by sinizia: 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Yeah for me MI is the most Complete around here..mode9 has a way of telling deep story on a good day,if he wishes to have a good day though.cheesy

i already write a freestyle on jay z open letter instrumental...all punchelines and wordplay..buh because of this topic am...gonna change it and Mak a story line off it something like "10PM IN MY STREET"

how u see that? Wanna write a story to the above topic.cheesy a mixtape though.cheesy

Definately am still gonna do a commercial song..check ma signature dats a real type of song most nigerians want.cheesy

It's a good idea. Go ahead and do it, but don't forget to infuse some Naija's situations/stories into it because the audience you are trying to reach are Nigerians. I'll download your mixtape later, still checking out some stuffs now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by danbrowndmf(m): 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
sinizia:

It's a good idea. Go ahead and do it, but don't forget to infuse some Naija's situations/stories into it because the audience you are trying to reach are Nigerians. I'll download your mixtape later, still checking out some stuffs now.
sure,am talking about ma street....
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by softvio(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2015
danbrowndmf:

yeah... It wud b very diplomatic to do lyricism in mixtapes n kpangolos in albums(singles)smiley
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by softvio(m): 7:15am On Jun 14, 2015
Sometimes, you just gat's to dumb down for yur audience to grab some dollars... (recycling Jay Z quotes)
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by Djicemob: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2015
I keep hearing/seeing these cliche lines that "all naija emcees are wack"

And the question that keeps running thru my mind is "How do you sell real 'dope' music to nigerians?"

Perhaps the OP or like minds can help out
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by 2dice(m): 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lol .... Most of this n!ggas Aint wack ... Na condition make crayfish bend .... E.g skales .... The dude rap rap ... Rap ..... Rap ... Sotey nothing to show .... Just only one Shake-body ... He is smilling to the Bank ... Now tell me do you think he will stop doing that kind of song .... Never !! .... Poverty is a bassstard .... These n!ggas Aint One ....
Re: Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ by osamaBUSH(m): 7:21am On Jun 16, 2015
If know this much, why not start Rapping?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Internship In A Radio Station? / MUSIC: Lil Prinz - Tokunbo London (ft Jaddo) / Rudeboy-chizoba-download Mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.