Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd (1707 Views)

Pix:golden Eaglets Star Kelechi Nwakali Choses Arsenal Over Man City / Iheanacho's Brace Helps Man City Clinch Win Over Man Utd (U-21) / £950 To Watch Arsenal V Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by toluwalomo(m): 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2006
Not too many people gave the gunners, a chance against the Red Devils. Newspapers, home & abroad were awash with tales of how Arsenal was going to get slaugtered on the Old Trafford slab.

What a contradiction of events! Man Utd were luckly to escape with just a goal loss.

The Gunners play well with or without Henry.

If you MAN UTD fans want to go to Europe better work on dat mid- field in January.The only person there of note is Scholes and even he is past his prime.

O'shea is inconsistent and Micheal "the panic-buy" Carrick will only give away balls in his half as if he was donating to charity.

Arsenal is on the run from now on.

Youthful talent or no youthful talent.

Team in transition or watever.

We have shown dat pretty football can still do the damage.

I feel sorry for any English team that meets us from here on.
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by olokun(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2006
I like the u talk Toluwalomo but i want you to understand one thing that Gunners cannot be compare to Red devil in many ways,ok.
Ether in history or what soever.Look at all the games we have been playing from the begining of this season.
We have been winning all our matches until when we met arsenal and lock go against us.
But let me tell you something,may God spare our lifes when we meet again in your so called Emirate stadium,you shall see what will happen.
But the season is still on now arsenal will be playing other teams in the premiership while man united will also be playing other teams we shall see who will be toping the table.ok
you can send a message to my box---gbenga_olokun@yahoo.com
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by loyika(m): 1:35pm On Sep 20, 2006
How sad it is to be a Man U surpporter right now, as you see your rivals rising up, and you on the decline, as i said Reading are the easiest fixture you have in the next 5 games, so better make sure you win that one cheesy

Good people check it out

http://home.skysports.com/column.aspx?lid=Sky_Sports_Columnist_Martin_Tyler&channel=football_home

Thank God for the Internet or else Mr. (propaganda) Huctelligent will continue to belief he has all the info, stats and knowledge. Pray tell Huc where is Ruud's name on that scorers chart, since he was so much better that TH14, as Martin Tyler said, and i quote;

"I will even go as far as to supply you with the top scorers and can also tell you that the most prolific, in terms of goals per game, is Arsenal captain Thierry Henry, who even fares better than the king of Premiership goalscorers, Alan Shearer."

And please do not say King Cole, cause Coley has been scoring at Newcastle before he came to Man U (i believe he was even a Gunner once) even Lord Shearer has his spread over various teams, But IGWE has only played for the gunners, so there. all your fake stats, thank God this is coming from SKY SPORTS, I LOVE THE INTERNET grin

Once again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d60SnMLMexE&mode=related&search=

cool GOONER 89
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by MAligbe(m): 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2006
We have heard it all before, you guys blow hot and cold. So it wont be a suprise if you guys are trashed in your next game. wink
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by Akolawole(m): 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2006
Lord safe me from these people.

After Arsenal's win last sunday, more than 4 threads have spring up just because of the Win.

Na wa o.
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by Jackal(m): 2:07pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ Loyika,

Ruud's efficiency extends beyond the Premiership where other strikers like Henry enjoy being a local champion.
Henry a prolific scorer in England and a disappointing striker elsewhere.
Tell me any competition apart from the Premiership that Henry has won the golden boot in his entire career.

RVN is the king of Europe in terms of the number of goals he has scored in his very short career at Manchester United.
The player has won the UEFA golden boot 3 times in the last 5 seasons of the UEFA champions league.
Where's ur Thierry Henry at the big stage of UEFA? He is nowhere and a complete waste of space at the big stage.
Has Henry ever neared the top 3 in Europe ever before? Nah.

Ruud is currently the 4th most prolific scorer in the European cup/ Champions league behind Shevchenko and Raul despite playing less than half what Raul and Sheva has played.
No striker born of a woman has Ruud's goal ratio in the whole world  and thats why we call him the god of goals.
Van Nistelrooy is the only player in the history of the Premiership that scored 44 goals in all competitions in a single season.
The 1st player in the modern day era to score 10 goals in the UEFA champions league and he broke his own record the next season to score a whooping 14 goals.
Henry has spent more than 7 years in the English League and he is yet to notch 40 goals in a season.
So who's the man? Van is the man.
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by Akolawole(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2006
Jackal:

No striker born of a woman has Ruud's [b]goal ratio in the whole world  and thats why we call him the god of goals.
Van Nistelrooy is the only player in the history of the Premiership that scored 44 goals in all competitions in a single season.[/b
]The 1st player in the modern day era to score 10 goals in the UEFA champions league and he broke his own record the next season to score a whooping 14 goals.
Henry has spent more than 7 years in the English League and he is yet to notch 40 goals in a season.
So who's the man? Van is the man.

Mr jackal

Prior to reading your comments, i make sure i don't eat pepper food ELSE,
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by otolorin(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2006
Akolawole:

Mr jackal

Prior to reading your comments, i make sure i don't eat pepper food ELSE,
. . . else he sends you on the journey of no return! grin grin

the young man's posts sets me coughin too!
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by loyika(m): 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2006
Jackal Pls hear what others think on this issue (even some Man United supporters tongue

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-105271.html

It would not hurt you guys to accept the general views of others,

HAS RUUD EVER COME CLOSE TO BEING IN THE TOP 3 IN FIFA WORLDS BEST PLAYERS

HOW MANY GOALS HAS RUUD SCORED FOR HOLLAND COMPARED TO HENRY FOR FRANCE

HAS RUUD WITH ALL HIS SO CALLED RECORDS WON THE WORLD CUP OR THE EUROS OR THE CON FED EVEN THE SO CALLED FLIPPING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

This is really no arguement, its like some one asking me if i felt Cantona was a football genius, HELL YEAH!!, so also is Ryan Giggsy and keano, so following your line of thought then, i can't say Giggs is one of the best Midfielders in the world, since he has only played in england and for Wales. The Link was specifically about the Prem, so because Andy Cole/Shearer have not played in Euro, they are not Good strikers again!? Think before you reply angry

While you are at it, please put in one more vote for Ruudy boy on this survey, maybe you can help him

http://y2u.co.uk/Feedback_World_Cup_01.htm

By the way, Jackal! my version of MUTV was so lovely through out sunday evening into tuesday, hope you watched everything

cool GOONER 89
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by loyika(m): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2006
Oga Jackal why u dey talk like dis now tongue

Here oh, and i quote "Henry emerged with the European Golden Boot - the award for the top goalscorer in Europe - for the second consecutive year (albeit sharing with Villarreal's Diego Forlan in 2005). He is the first player ever to retain the award."

From

http://sport.y2u.co.uk/Football_World_Cup/Wcp_Thierry_Henry.htm

Now Genius compare it with King Ruud

http://y2u.co.uk/sub028_Sport/Football_World_Cup/Wcp_Ruud_Van_Nistelrooy.htm

As they say "the difference is clear!!" Even "he was named by Pelé as one of the top 125 greatest living footballers in March 2004." But i guess you are Jackal, and Pele's opinions don't count, Oh well can't please everyone!?

Just relax and watch this again jare!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wNtgMJQhzs&mode=related&search=

cool GOONER 89
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by Jackal(m): 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ Loyika,
U almost passed for a genius on this sports forum but like i have said-u still suffer some selective amnesia.
Back to the issue at hand----------The European golden boot Henry won was based on his premiership goals and not the UEFA Champions League.
The European golden boot award u have quoted is picked based on all the top scorers of every league in Europe.
While top leagues in Europe like England, Spain and Italy are given 2 points for each goals scored, leagues like Eredivisie and Portugese leagues attract 1.5 points per goals scored.
At the end of the day, it is still based on the goals Henry scored in the Premiership so that is no award.

Ruud has proven himself already in every league he has played.
An amazing 62 goals in 67 matches for PSV(93% strike rate) and 150 goals in 218 games for Man Utd(69% strike rate) and 28 goals in 54 games for country(52% strike rate)
PSV, Man Utd and now Real Madrid. Take Ruud to Nigerian league and he would still score despite the harsh weather.
He is a natural born striker and he deserves some credits.

Henry on the other hand was a mediocre in Italy.
A major disappointment as he could only manage 3 goals in 16 starts(19% strike rate) for Juventus.
At Monaco he was annoyingly non-existent with just 20 goals in a staggering 105 games(19% strike rate).
Henry has only scored 38 goals in 88 games(43% strike rate) for France despite Loyika's dud analysis.
Thierry has NEVER won the golden boot of the UEFA champions league before in his 7-yr stay at the English Premiership.

Van Nistelrooy won it back to back in 2001/02 and 2002/03 and broke the records of the[b] highest goal [/b] ever scored at the competition.
I don't think any striker can EVER match Ruud's 14 goals haul in the Champions Legaue season of 2002/03.
Ruud defied the laws of physics by winning the UEFA golden boot award again in 2004/05 despite sustaining an injury that kept him out for 4 months during that season.
RVN is also one of the rare strikers that has won the Premierhsip's golden boot and UEFA golden boot at the same time in the same season.

As u can see Ruud's 52% for country is way better than Henry's 43% unless u are suffering from acute conjuctivitis.
Van Nistelrooy is a rare breed/specie and i still repeat no striker born of a woman can match his strike rate in world.
FYI, Pele also named RVN as one of the top 125 greatest living footballers in March 2004.
I think someone needs to explain the meaning of strike rate to Loyika because he is mixing things up here.
How can u begin to compare 38 Henry's goals for country to Ruud's 28 goals when Henry had played 34 more games than Ruud.
What happened to goals per game ratio(strike rate) statistics?  I' m sure u will be weeping by now with all these revelations.
Lemme know when Henry notches the UEFA champions league golden boot or beat Ruud's strike rate in any competition.

Moreover, winning the World Cup, Confederations Cup and European Cup is a collective effort of a team and not Henry's individual efforts.
Shevchenko has never won the world cup but he is adjudged the best striker in the world at the moment.
George Weah and Abedi Pele are the best players in Africa  but they never played in the world cup so that is no yard-stick for measuring the player's performances down the years.
Ruud was born to do one thang-SCORE goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buncha novices!
Schmukkkkkkkkkks. grin
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by loyika(m): 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2006
Mr. Jacko!? Its not about dropping stats, TH14 is considered a better all round striker and player than Ruud, All the stats you put up(which i know of by the way!!) do not amount to much as far as making Ruud any better or far more popular in the Footballing worlds eye, Ok the in Pele's top 125 was ruud considered higher, or was that list not based on rankings according to Pele.

What ever Stats you put up, give everyone links and proof to back it up, not just putting it in on the thread to believe that we all will believe what you are saying because you are "the Jackal!!"

Here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thierry_Henry

and here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruud_Van_Nistelrooy

Please the facts speaks for themselves, What you do is pick particular stats to support your point, like a lawyer does (and i will give you and Huc props cause you are good at that!!) but then we can all say good Propaganda experts are also well schooled in doing what you do, i on the other hand try to give everything i know, so that people will make their minds up individually (i don't expect everyone to agree with me, I DON'T CLAIM TO KNOW EVERYTHING I AM NOT GOD) that's why i give links to what ever i claim, so that people will not just take my word for it, but also check it out for themselves and make their own analysis and conclusions, without me making it for them.

That my dear Jackal, is the clear difference btw me and you, i don't need you to tell me whether or not i am a genius, as i said earlier we are all learning (i make fun of Crazykid cause he calls Saha and Rooney legends tongue, but if the poor child sees them as his heros, who am i to kill his dream grin)

I will say it again, Ruud was not in the Sky sports link i put up, and Martin tyler said Henry was the best in the prem per game, never did i make a point of europe, cause the link i gave was about the PREM, and the question i asked was about the PREM!?

like on this link, both players are not even mentioned (even Giggsy was in the list cheesy)

but ask anyone if another poll was carried out maybe after 1 or 2 years when both TH and Ruudy end their career, who anyone will consider the best striker btw the both of them, if you want to be honest with your self Jackal, i bet Ruud will have no takers!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_soccer_players_of_the_20th_century

I will leave you with your claimed intelligence "Jackal" cheesy

cool GOONER 89
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by mochafella(m): 5:38pm On Sep 20, 2006
Abeg wetin be all this fight over RVN and Thierry. The thread is about Arsenal's form una dey yarn about striker. This topic has been flogged mercilessly on some other thread. Go dig that up and fight there.

I must say that Arsenal's form will definitely pickup after their first win, confidence and all, but only Liverpool, Chelsea and Manu will open up and play Arsenal like they did on Sunday.

The rest of the premiership will barricade the goal. It will take a 3-0 or more win in the next game to scare the rest of the teams.
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by Jackal(m): 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2006
There u go again,
If in the next decade a poll was conducted to judge the best striker between Ruud and Henry, i will choose Ruud.
Ruud will always be my best striker because his strike rate speaks for itself.
Thierry Henry is a forward and not a striker as u soccer novices think.
There's a difference between a forward player and a striker.
Rooney, Henry, Dinho, Kaka, Scholes, Kalou, Gudjohnsen are all forward players and not strikers as people sometimes think cos they can only play just behind an out and out striker.

Henry makes and links up play, he supplies quality and sublime passes and he is not always at the end of crosses to jab the goals.
Van Nistelrooy is a goal poacher. He is always at the end of crosses to deliver clinical finishing both in the air and on the ground.
Ruud pounces on rebounds, communication errors between defenders and their goal-keepers and that makes him the best paocher/striker in the world.
The 2 players are different in style but i will put Nistelrooy ahead cos he has been able to triple his worth in all the leagues he has graced.
Can u say that of Thierry Henry? Little wonder he developed cold feet when he had the chance to move to Barca.
The likes of Etoo, Dinho and Forlan would have made him sweat like a Hungarian turkey.

Henry wld always be the best in the Premiership cos he has stayed longer and that list cared more on number of goals scored than goal ratio.
TT has played more games-hence more goals, enjoy more appearances due to the small squad size and the untouchable syndrome Wenger has given him at Arsenal.
Looking at it in a wider scope, i think Henry himself will envy Ruud's phenomenal goal scoring records.
RUUD is RUDE.
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by mochafella(m): 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2006
Jackal:

The likes of Etoo, Dinho and Forlan would have made him sweat like a Hungarian turkey.

Na wa ooooo, Bulgarian turkey nko grin grin
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by loyika(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2006
Sorri Oga Mocha, its just that Jackal and Hucs, belief that they know it all irritates the S@#t out of me, anyways let me leave that arguement like you said. Well Mocha, i really do not believe we have a big prob, all we have to do is

1 Gain confidence cool

2 Be more direct with our play, not the pass the ball and bore us all to death tactics we keep adopting angry

3 Shoot outside the 18 angry

4 Wenger settling on his starting 11 for every game (he still has no idea who his starting 11 are ) we should have a balanced team, with or without injuries being taken account of.

We are good in all other departments and despite the Porto game coming up, we have a slightly easy fixture (Man United was a big test which we passed)

if we win on saturday, we can go on a run, until we play Bolton, which is another bogey team, we don't play pool or Chelski ti Nov/Dec, if we can go on a good run we are fine.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Watch Arsenal's Form From Now On After That Win Over Man Utd by loyika(m): 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2006
Thierry Daniel Henry (born August 17, 1977 in Les Ulis, Essonne, Paris) (IPA: [tjɛʀi ɑ̃ʀi]) is a French football player who plays as a striker for the French national team, and for the English club Arsenal, where he is the club's all-time leading scorer in both league matches and all competitions.

JACKAL I GIVE UP undecided

cool GOONER 89

(1) (Reply)

Latest Footballnews:barcelona Tracking Nigerian Born Crystal Palace Attacker / Who Are Your Best Five African Footballers Ever? / Female U 20 World Cup Q Final Pairings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.