Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ (4744 Views)

Some Funny Reactions On TSTV (pictures/quotes) / Picture Quotes From Game Of Thrones / Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
1. “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?”

•From the movie 'What a Girl Wants', this quote really does appeal to everyone. We could all stand to ask ourselves this question every once in a while, and we may just be surprised by the answer!

2. Oh yes, the past can hurt, but you can either run from it, or learn from it”

•Disney’s The Lion King is iconic in so many ways, but the beauty of this film really does lie in the script. When you can learn something from a painful situation, it gives it meaning.

3. “May the Force be with you”

•The most notorious Star Wars quote in the galaxy is poignant, inspiring and just a little bit charming. If we all wished each other good will like this every day, the world would be a happier place!

4. “There’s no place like home”

•Who can deny the hook line “there’s no place like home”? The Wizard of Oz showed us all that no matter where you find beauty, love and friendship in the world, your home will always be your home.

5. “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary”

•If ever there was a movie quote to live by, this is it! The Dead Poets Society couldn’t have said it better, seize the day and make the most of every moment!

6. “May the odds be ever in your favor”

The people of the districts in The Hunger Games are wished luck to each other by way of this very dramatic statement. It became the motto of a generation, and a quote that holds so much meaning to its fans.

7. “Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get”

•Who could forget Forrest Gump’s innocence as he said one of the most notorious movie quotes ever. The variety of life might keep us guessing, but it sure is sweet!

8. I’m king of the world!

•Poor boy Jack had the time of his life on board the ill-fated Titanic, if ever there was a quote to tell you to live for the moment, this is it!

9. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends”

•Arguably one of the wisest men in film history, Harry Potter’s Dumbledore hit the nail on the head; sometimes you have to stick to what you believe in even if your own friends think you’re in the wrong..

10. “I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw. I’m scared of what I did, of who I am…. and most of all, I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you"

•Dirty Dancing proves that life can throw you through a loop sometimes, but what doesn’t kill you will always make you stronger. Live for yourself, for the moment and no matter what, love the way it makes you feel!

www.mindopenerz.com/12-notorious-film-quotes-ever/

1 Like

Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by INTROVERT(f): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
THIS IS SPARTA

2 Likes

Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
THIS IS SPARTA

remember the one from This Life ? [wale adenuga production]

the one where a boy jumped down from a roof & the father said - ' this is your first lesson in life, never trust anyone,not even me your father
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by INTROVERT(f): 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
Darkrebel666:

the one where a boy jumped down from a roof & the father said - ' this is your first lesson in life, never trust anyone,not even me your father

That's true. At times I don't even trust myself.
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by Guykhena(m): 6:34pm On Jun 13, 2015

Keep your friends rich, your enemies rich and wait to see which is which.
Ultron-Age Of Ultron

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by Bosville(m): 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
"We are nothing but pencils in the hands of the creator# #Super story
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by Bosville(m): 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
"We are nothing but pencils in the hands of the creator# #Super story
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by BrightEye(m): 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
she put on every jewelry she had, waiting for her long lost love.

....Titanic.
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by parrotibaba(m): 6:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
"You are all puppets ,tangled in strings" ... ULTRON

"Where is d horse and d rider? where is d horn dat was blowing?, they have passed like rain on d mountains , like wind in d meadow ,d days hv come down in d west behind d hills,into shadow ,how did it come to this?... Theoden King

"I was designed to save d world ,ppl would look up to d sky n see hope,I will take dat from dem first!!!" ... ULTRON

"I know you are good people, I know u mean well ,but u just didn't think it true, there is only one path to peace,,,,your extinction ... ULTRON
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
Bosville:
"We are nothing but pencils in the hands of the creator#
#Super story

yeah..I love this one.. ✘
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by parrotibaba(m): 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
"The only reason you are alive Sam Winchester is because u r useful, the moment that ceases to be true ,d second u become more trouble dan u worth ,one word ,one ,and I will turn u to dust ...URIEL

1 Like

Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
with great power comes great responsibility Uncle Ben to Peter Parker [Spiderman 1] ✘

1 Like

Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hulk bash! - youknowwho ✘

1 Like

Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by desmondDessi(m): 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
Cool sayings
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by penzino(m): 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
Khan: You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin?

Star Trek into darkness. .......

3 Likes

Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by danbrowndmf(m): 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
Darkrebel666:

this quote is the realest,this quote always make me wanna cry when i was much more Younger.....sad
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by danbrowndmf(m): 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
If you don't stop thinking about your bad past,then u will never pass your past -Danbrown(Myself)

Any day above the ground is a blessing- Prison break(Movie)this is my best quote ever
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by sinizia: 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love. - The Notebook.

We are who we choose to be. - Green Goblin (Spider-Man).

Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want. - Heath Ledger (10 Things I Hate About You).

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices. - Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets).

You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours. - White Queen (Alice in Wonderland).

Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss. - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

I know what I have to do now, I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring? - Cast Away.
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by prof800(m): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
This your list get as he be.

There is nothing "notorious" in all the 10 quotes you posted. So how can they be the most? angry

sad
Your number 4 even referenced "Wizard of OZ". Did you watch the film in its era? If you did then you'll remember that "There is no place like home" is not the most notorious quote from that movie but "Follow The Yellow Brick Road".
[img]http://fallingintowonderland.files./2015/05/follow-the-yellow-brick-road-5.png?w=756&h=882[/img]
use google and see.

It has its own dedicated youtube, wikipedia, facebook etc. A tv series was created on its name.. A music was made on it. It was even cited in "OZ the great and powerful". The producers made cool cash from the quote itself. So what are we saying?
Well I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. So never mind.

sad
Coming to America, Batman, Spiderman, Inception, POTC, LOTR, TWOWS, Indiana Jones, or the numerous Al Pacino Classics. Where you wan put them?
https://www.nairaland.com/9782/best-movie-quotes/1

Abeg adjust your list or change the title at least, before you confuse people here.
Or make I help you change am ni?
trust me, I know what I'm doing wink
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by kazzonline: 1:31am On Jun 14, 2015
You know nothing jon snow!!!

GOT lol

1 Like

Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 14, 2015
prof800:
This your list get as he be.

There is nothing "notorious" in all the 10 quotes you posted. So how can they be the most? angry

sad
Your number 4 even referenced "Wizard of OZ". Did you watch the film in its era? If you did then you'll remember that "There is no place like home" is not the most notorious quote from that movie but "Follow The Yellow Brick Road".
[img]http://fallingintowonderland.files./2015/05/follow-the-yellow-brick-road-5.png?w=756&h=882[/img]
use google and see.

It has its own dedicated youtube, wikipedia, facebook etc. A tv series was created on its name.. A music was made on it. It was even cited in "OZ the great and powerful". The producers made cool cash from the quote itself. So what are we saying?
Well I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. So never mind.

sad
Coming to America, Batman, Spiderman, Inception, POTC, LOTR, TWOWS, Indiana Jones, or the numerous Al Pacino Classics. Where you wan put them?
https://www.nairaland.com/9782/best-movie-quotes/1

Abeg adjust your list or change the title at least, before you confuse people here.
Or make I help you change am ni?
trust me, I know what I'm doing wink

keep quiet if you can't comprehend simple English..
notorious means widely known. If you don't know the meaning of words then shut up or better still click on the source & go query the experts that compiled the list. ..✘
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 14, 2015
Loved this line". No One in the history of tortures been tortured like the torture you will be tortured with" ----King of Hell--- Crowley.
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by mrdrizzy(m): 8:56am On Jun 14, 2015
I dont have friends i have family
fast and furious 7

ever heard this saying,the enemy of my enemy is my friend?
fast and furious 7

kids!!m that woman right there is my love,and my home,there is no home without,i am home
the notebook

it wasnt easy making u admit ur feelings for me,i will always love until ur heart stops beating,maybe even after!
-jacob telling bella in eclipse

1 Like

Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by anangboy(m): 9:32am On Jun 14, 2015
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:

When you have to shoot, shoot; don't talk.

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?

If I get my hand on the two hundred thousand dollars, I'll always honor your memory. I swear.
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by darksuit(m): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live -Albus Dumbledore about the mirror of Erised

Do you remember me telling you we are practicing non-verbal spells, Potter?" "Yes," said Harry stiffly. "Yes, sir." "There's no need to call me "sir" Professor."
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by blackmartial(m): 9:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
The World is mine---Tony Montana
Re: 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘ by Rashdimuh(m): 10:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
Oju pipon o ran siga- Wole Soyinka

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Away With Murder (htgawm) Fan Page - Season 3 Is Out / Kajola - Another Reflection Of Naija Ineptitude / Spartacus:vengeance Is Out (discussion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.