Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls (623 Views)

Pastor Who Rapes Pregnant Girls In Abia Church Turned Baby Factory Arrested(Pic) / Nigerian Prostitute Jumps To Her Death In Dubai During Police Raid (Photo) / Nine Pregnant Girls Arrested In Enugu After Police Raided Baby Factory (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by Trailblazer1(m): 7:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nine pregnant girls and women were on Saturday discovered in a baby factory at the 9th Mile area of Enugu State during a raid by the police.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Enugu State Police Command, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, disclosed that the baby factory was owned and operated by one Ikechukwu Onoh, of Etiti, Amakwo-Ngwo village, in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State.
Onoh and the ladies were taken into police custody after the raid.
According to Amaraizu, the factory was run in the Onoh’s private residence.
Our correspondent learnt that operatives of the 9th Mile Division of the command raided the baby factory after monitoring activities in the building over a period of time.
Nine pregnant girls and women seen in the factory were at various stages of pregnancy.
The ladies were identified as Stella James, 19, from Ohaozara, Ebonyi State; Eze Jennifer, 19, of Obukpa in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State; Ugwu Christabel, 17, a native of Aku, in Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area of Enugu State; Happiness Mbaonu, 17, from Nnewi, Anambra State, and Ovunna Ifeoma, 20, from Ezza, in Ebonyi State.
Others are Esther Nwankwo, 21, a native of Nkalagu, in Ebonyi State; Onyedika Agu, 23, of Isuawa, Awgu in Enugu State; Blessing James, 23, from Ohafia, Abia State, and Chibueze Ujunwa, 24, from Aninri  Local Government Area of Enugu State.
The ladies are currently helping the police in ongoing investigations.
However, the owner of the ‘factory,’ Onoh, claimed that he got a provisional approval in October 2007 from the ministry of women affairs and social development in Enugu State to admit and shelter pregnant women in his hospital, known as ‘Tex Hospital and Maternity Home,’ which was located at 9th Mile.
Onoh said he decided to keep the pregnant ladies in his private residence when the said hospital closed down.
He admitted that, although he was supposed to formally inform the ministry of women affairs and social development within 24 hours of admitting any pregnant woman, he only notified the authorities through phone calls, and not in writing.
Also, he was not able to produce any reference letter through which any of the ladies was referred to his home.
But some of the girls, who opened up to the police, said Onoh takes care of them, but on the basis of an agreement that he will take the babies upon delivery.
Ugwu Christabel, who claimed she got pregnant after she was raped, said her aunt directed her to Onoh’s residence.
She said her parents wanted to marry her off to an old man because of the ‘unwanted’ pregnancy.
Christabel further explained that the ladies usually gave Onoh a list of items they needed, which he would purchase for them.
Another girl, Happiness Mbaonu, said she was impregnated by an unknown man, who took her home when she was stranded at Holy Ghost Park in Enugu.
She also said ‘somebody’ referred her to Onoh’s house.

The police spokesman, Amaraizu, said the State Criminal and Intelligence Department of the command is conducting full scale investigations into the matter.
http://www.punchng.com/news/police-raid-baby-factory-rescue-nine-pregnant-girls/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by Trailblazer1(m): 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
Why aint this people tired of this undecided
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by resty4(m): 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nawa o
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by pussygotlips: 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
I feel like committing suicide whenever i see this kind news
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by ekim004(m): 8:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
E no go pass ibo ppl dey can do anytin 4 money later they come 2 nairaland with up biafra ojukwu didn't leave at least small sense 4 dem
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by nerodenero: 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
I think punishment for offences isn't serving as deterrent to others. The world needs help.
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by starboy86(m): 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
Talk of ritualists in Nigeria talk of d Igbos, corruption nko Amaechi n T. Silva, wat of gentleman, call GEJ...Nigeria my beloved country I hail thee. That man should jz b castrated or even b given capital punishment.
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by Trailblazer1(m): 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
starboy86:
Talk of ritualists in Nigeria talk of d Igbos, corruption nko Amaechi n T. Silva, wat of gentleman, call GEJ...Nigeria my beloved country I hail thee. That man should jz b castrated or even b given capital punishment.

MUMU
FYI, crime headquarters have been relocated to Ogun state
While Ritualists are now permanently based in Soka
Oyo state
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by ijustdey: 11:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
Baby factories again

Shey to get pregnant dey scare for these place that they have to set up baby factories ni

(1) (Reply)

See What One Of Your Brothers Sent To Me. / 33-yr-old Man Commits Suicide In Ondo Over Job Loss / Devil In Disguise Pastor Rapes 16-yr Old During 3-day Deliverance Prayer Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.