Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy (473 Views)

When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy by ephemm(m): 6:58am On Jun 14, 2015
I saw this on FB!

A friend who just lost his job called you on saturday & begged you for 1k to buy food for his family and u replied u don't have money.
Only for you to get to church the following day being Sunday & you make a donation of 10k.

What do u say about this?

Re: Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy by INTROVERT(f): 7:00am On Jun 14, 2015
This is deep.
Re: Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy by VickyRotex(f): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2015
Wisdom is profitable to direct. That sounds more like hypocrisy. Christ already admonished us to help the needy. Read Matthew 25vs35-45.

[b] 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy by Gwekzy: 7:08am On Jun 14, 2015
Only in nigeria
Re: Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy by fatdon2(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2015
i'll be back.
Re: Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy by Princecalm(m): 7:19am On Jun 14, 2015
many are yet to understand the true worship of God.

1 Like

Re: Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:39am On Jun 14, 2015
I'll give the needy, I don't want the church to buy more Private Jets
Re: Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy by phabulous88(m): 7:54am On Jun 14, 2015
Offerings are gifts to God, isn't it? And 'whatsoever you do to the least (i.e. the poor) of my brothers, that you do unto me (God)'. Me think it's extreme hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 14, 2015
phabulous88:
Offerings are gifts to God, isn't it? And 'whatsoever you do to the least (i.e. the poor) of my brothers, that you do unto me (God)'. Me think it's extreme hypocrisy
God bless the hands that typed the above. You are full of wisdom.

Reasons Why You Need To Stop Typing Amen To Facebook Posts
Re: Giving To Church Vs Giving To Needy by Youngzedd(m): 8:46am On Jun 14, 2015
The truth be told many so called Christians are guilty of this.

That's why when I look at them, I see them as those that lack understanding of the teaching of Christ.

Let love lead in our daily lives.

Cc: Seun, OAM4J)

(1) (Reply)

Power-play And Religion / Good Day Good People. / Christians Find It Difficult In Giving Testimonies About Financial Blessings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.