Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,609 members, 7,823,652 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

B’haram: President Buhari Orders Release Of $21m To Task Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B’haram: President Buhari Orders Release Of $21m To Task Force (468 Views)

Court Orders Release Of Ifeanyi Ubah Within 48 Hours / Nigeria Army Council Orders Release Of Brigadier General Ransome-kuti / President Buhari Orders Release Of $21m To MNJTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

B’haram: President Buhari Orders Release Of $21m To Task Force by Phillfree(m): 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday said he had directed that $21m, out of the pledge of $100m which Nigeria made to the Multinational Joint Task Force, be released within the next one week.

President Buhari disclosed this while presiding over a meeting of the African Union Peace Security Council at the ongoing 25th AU Summit in Johannesburg, South Africa.

He said he gave the directive based on the decision of the recent extra ordinary summit of the Lake Chad Basin Commission and Benin that $30m should be immediately made available to the MNJTF, which is saddled with the responsibility of fighting the Boko Haram terrorist group.

The President said although, the Boko Haram sect had extended its menace to Nigeria’s neighbours, its activities were not limited to them as terrorism is a global phenomenon.

He said the global nature of terror required all countries to act in brotherhood and partnership and wage war against agents of evil.

He said, “I am pleased to note that Cameroon, Chad and Niger are already showing this attribute by fighting alongside Nigeria under the umbrella of Multinational Joint Task Force to defeat Boko Haram.

“In this regard, the member countries of the Lake Chad Basin Commission and Benin met recently where far-reaching decisions were taken to immediately put into operations the Multinational Joint Task Force.

“To this end, the summit approved the immediate provision of $30m for the Multinational Joint Task Force.

“Consequently, out of the pledge of $100m, which Nigeria made to the Multinational Joint Task Force, I have directed that $21m be released within the next one week.”

He regretted that the continent was inundated with conflicts of diverse forms, including the crisis in Burkina Faso, Mali, Libya, Central Africa Republic, South Sudan, and more recently in Burundi.
Re: B’haram: President Buhari Orders Release Of $21m To Task Force by Emyemyberry(m): 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
Re: B’haram: President Buhari Orders Release Of $21m To Task Force by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hmmmm. It's a chess game and White has played.
Re: B’haram: President Buhari Orders Release Of $21m To Task Force by Emyemyberry(m): 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
Re: B’haram: President Buhari Orders Release Of $21m To Task Force by kelvyn7: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
nice move but we need more effort to wipe out BH plsss
Re: B’haram: President Buhari Orders Release Of $21m To Task Force by Princecalm(m): 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
hope that pays out and if it does, then development will come steadily.
Re: B’haram: President Buhari Orders Release Of $21m To Task Force by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
That's a good move Mr President. Please accept my humble donation of $30 million on behalf of myself, my family, my workers and all Nairalanders. Please ensure this donation is put to good use and the Boko Haram insurgency is crushed in record time.

Ome more thing Mr President, Please do not mention anything about this donation to anyone. I just want it to be discreet cos I hate being proud. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: B’haram: President Buhari Orders Release Of $21m To Task Force by bunmititi(f): 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
this $20million just compensation to chad for killing Nigeria Army and innocent Nigeria citizens

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Analyses Mathematics For Success / Living Faith Church Donates Food Items, Money To Osun Workers / Stop Bickering Over N’assembly Leadership Election – APC Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.