Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha (35957 Views)

We Begged Audu Ogbeh To Join Buhari Administration – Osinbajo / God Told Me Not To Join Buhari's Govt Until After 2 Years- Tunde Bakare / See The Inside Of Buhari's Presidential Jet (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
First Lady Aisha Buhari has revealed that it was Ahmed Bola Tinubu, national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who convinced her to join the campaign train of Muhammadu Buhari ahead of the March 28 presidential election.

Aisha was absent at Buhari’s campaign rallies until January 13, when she was unveiled at an APC rally at the M.K.O. Abiola stadium in Abeokuta, capital of Ogun state.

But speaking on Saturday night at the banquet hall of the presidential villa when she hosted Nigerian women and youths to an appreciation dinner for their support towards her husband’s victory at the polls, she said she was focusing on the home until Tinubu stepped in.

She denied speculations that her husband kept her in purdah (Islamic seclusion) during the campaign.

“It was my personal decision not to come out for campaign because I needed to take care of the home front while her husband was in the field campaigning,” she said.

“It was Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who talked me into it before I decided to join the train. I have never been in purdah since I got married to my husband.

“My husband is a very gender sensitive man with many daughters. He even allowed me to go to school and to cut the long matter short, he is the pillar of my success.”

She expressed concerns about the “drastic reduction” in the number of elected women in governance, saying that national and state assemblies are the worst hit.

“This is not fair; we are not asking for equal representation but fair representation in governance,” she said.

“We must all make case for the fair representation of women and other challenges facing them, especially the high rate of divorce in the north and harmful widowhood practices in some part of the south east. Also, the issue of sexual harassment of female students in our tertiary institutions must be checked.”
She called for the speedy implementation of the Violence Against Persons Prohibition (VAPP) Act.

Also speaking, Dolapo Osinbajo, wife of the vice president, thanked the women for their support and urged them to continue to promote national unity.

“Nigerians are people with strong faith; we as women must wake up and defend its unity,” she said. “It is time for us to stop fragmenting this country; Nigeria needs something new. A new Nigeria means a new You.”

Earlier, Hajiya Ramatu Tijjani, the APC women leader, said urged the party’s leadership to ensure delivery of the change it promised Nigerians.

Rotimi Amaechi, former Rivers state governor who was also director-general of the Buhari/Osinbajo presidential campaign organisation, was chairman of the occasion.

Other dignitaries were Toyin Saraki, wife of the senate president; Gimbia Dogara, wife of speaker of the federal house of representatives; and Victoria Odigie-Oyegun, wife of the APC national chairman.

http://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-convinced-join-buharis-presidential-election-campaign-says-aisha

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by t0bbY(m): 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
at the end it paid out...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by dunkem21(m): 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
We talking governance mehn, ..you talking campaign ..
What's wrong with this government sef ..

57 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by barry40: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
Behind every successful man is a woman. The support made the difference!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by doublewisdom: 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
In your best interest, that should be the first and last 'advice ' you should take from Tinubu. The man is so power hungry he can marry off his wife to Buhari just to have access to Aso Rock.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Galacious1: 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
Jagaban is a great political player, we dont expect notin less

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by nerodenero: 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
After all said and done, your husband belongs to everybody and nobody. I feel the nobody part hit the man more and at the same time, he was the courage that helped you from your hiding to campaign for your husband.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by aresa: 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
dunkem21:

Is she a government official or this is just another unintelligent and trollish rant?

99 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by dunkem21(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
aresa:

Is she a government official or this is just another unintelligent and trollish rant?

No time for paid trolls.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by aresa: 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
dunkem21:

No time for paid trolls.

I'm glad you looked in the mirror.

Sad to know that at your old age you still don't know the meaning of government and private citizen..

Get some education instead of trolling on the internet.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by dunkem21(m): 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
aresa:

I'm glad you looked in the mirror.

Sad to know that at your old she, you still don't know the meaning of government and private citizen..

Get some education instead of trolling on the internet.

If they had hired intelligent trolls, they would have known the impact of private citizens and first ladies in governance ..

..She would have stayed at home na ..

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by aresa: 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2015
[s]
dunkem21:

If they had hired intelligent trolls, they would have known the impact of private citizens and first ladies in governance ..

[/s]

Getting stale and boring...

43 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by ifyan(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
APC will are sick and tired of talk,please start wok. Nigerians are ready for work

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by ifyan(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
dunkem21:

Love this bro

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
Eeeeeeeeeeeh, so you once dated Tinubu abi where he see you or how he come get your phone number?

He stepped in (the room) you meant?

Na joke oo. grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by ebamma(m): 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
I see Now where is our change?
Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by stinggy(m): 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
dunkem21:

... and the unintelligent trolls won them the election.
Think smart bro.

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Ayekotoo(m): 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
doublewisdom:
In your best interest, that should be the first and last 'advice ' you should take from Tinubu. The man is so power hungry he can marry off his wife to Buhari just to have access to Aso Rock.
Lamentation from a biafran

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Ayekotoo(m): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
doublewisdom:
Lamentation from a biafran

29 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by danny301: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
It paid off. The Jagaban of Nigeria knows the game of politics not a little.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by DjHypno(m): 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
K
Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
I like this our first lady. She doesn't even make me miss mama peace one bit! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
L
who no like to be first lady? abeg give us another gist.
Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Flashh: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
doublewisdom:
You ain't making any single sense.

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
ok congratulations!
Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by elantraceey(f): 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
Who cares? undecided
Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Tobbey(m): 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
E NO CONCERN ME
Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hmmm.

Meanwhile I have brand new 5 units of mini fuel dispenser for sale.
suitable for kerosene business especially if you are starting small with 5000ltrs surface Tank.

very strong and it comes with:
1. Hose and Nozzle.
2. Meter
3. Pump.
4. Electric motor.

Suitable for your purpose and can work with a smaller generator in case their is no light.

Price: 110k no neg

Thanks

my location is abule egba,Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by Deefuray(f): 4:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
elantraceey:
Who cares? undecided
Nfcs does tongue
elantraceey:
Who cares? undecided
Nfcs does

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by cirmuell(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
Jagaban smiley

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha by johnshagb(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
I'll take that with a pinch of salt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG / Buratai Appointed Nigeria’s Ambassador To Benin Republic / 2019: Buhari’s Men In Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.