Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? (9539 Views)

Grand Total Federal Allocation To States From May 2015 To June 2016 / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 / Federal Allocation For Lagos For January 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Hammefeez: 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
Uptill now, the issue of states in southwest,
perticularly Oyo and Osun still bothering me and why they are owning their workers,
in getting solution to that I got this article that will interest you.

Its a fact surrounding the current issues in southwest and other states. Facts...

Federal Allocation - Does The South-West Deserve this?

As released by the Federal Ministry of Finance, the total allocation to all the South-West states, namely, Lagos, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun for January this year and shared in February was N15.1
billion, while Akwa Ibom State alone with a population less than 3 million people got N13.9 billion! “For the same period. Bayelsa State, at arguably 2 million people, got N10 billion
and Rivers State got N10.3 billion. Between Kano and Jigawa states, which used to be
one state like Lagos State, they got N7 billion. Lagos State only got N3.4 billion.
“If you remove Ekiti State with the lowest allocation of just N2.3 billion, Akwa Ibom State alone gets more allocation than the
rest of the South-West states put together including Lagos. And guess what? Hundreds of thousands of Akwa Ibom State citizens are in Lagos State enjoying the state’s free
education”. “If you multiply the total allocation to the South-
West states at N15 billion per month by 12, you have N180 billion per year! This is less
than 30% of what the FG make from the Lagos Seaports alone, don’t even talk about VAT that Lagos contributes over 60% of the
total accrual to the FG.

“Yet some morons will tell me we live on Niger Delta oil.”
“Now, my State Governor can’t pay his workers because of this systemic injustice.
It is better we start the implementation of regional based fiscal federalism now.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
Okay

3 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by fashoo2010(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
Wow...dats serious..atleast Lagos suppose be among d state collecting d highest allocation going by what they contribute to the nation treasury, their population...I guess one of d reason is because lagos has been opposition side since return of democracy.

5 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by oganology33(m): 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Since wen did it become all abt population & not natural resources. Thing is our state Governors are so lazy dat they depend entirely on Fed allocation, even without making any contribution to dat allocation.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Mehn this is so unfair.

Lalasticlala..fp abeg abeg

We must correct this

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
shut up or declare your odua republic
lazy cowards

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by yang(m): 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
The sooner we divide this Zoo, the better for everyone. As for me, i refuse to be associated with Baboons and Monkeys who kill each other at will and hate each other equally. Anything it will take to divide the zoo is welcome.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by bamidele029: 7:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
shut up or declare your odua republic
lazy cowards

Only unintelligent people throw out insults instead of making sensible points. OP didn't insult anyone, can't you make your point like a civilized fellow angry thought you people claim only APC folks throw around insults unprovoked

Too many ill-mannered children on Nairaland these days angry

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by whitecat1: 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hmm! Lagos puts in more than it gets!

This is the reason why SE that is less than the size of Oyo state wants more empty states and the rest of the country will be dumb to grant that!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by EzeUche(m): 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
The Niger Delta should get 100% of its oil revenue.

They should not have to share with anyone.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
op, you have a point.
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by ahaika23: 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
See them, make una come claim oil money na! Lazy northern West Germany slaves.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
Op you and ur people are just greedy....

God no know of yoruba land when he gave SS oil ......

Your people are suffering cuz of the sins of your ancestors..

18 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by nonaira: 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
Oh shut up .

Are you contributing to oil production as much as Delta, AK, Bayelsa or Rivers? The answer is a capital f2king NO.

Are you dealing with acidic rain, land degradation, oil spillage that each oil producing state go through daily? Once again a Capital f2king NO.

The same seaport you speak of who patronizes it the most, who uses it the most? is it not SS and SE traders especially SE traders, the same people you mock for trading.

In my f2king opinion, they giving you SW too much. You not bringing much to the table yet get the one of the highest allocation after AK, delta, rivers, etc

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hammefeez:
perticularly Oyo and Osun still bothering me and why they are owning their workers,

Its a fact surrounding the current issues in southwest and other states. Facts...

As released by the Federal Ministry of Finance, the total allocation to all the South-West states, namely, Lagos, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun for January this year and shared in February was N15.1
billion, while Akwa Ibom State alone with a population less than 3 million people got N13.9 billion! “For the same period. Bayelsa State, at arguably 2 million people, got N10 billion
and Rivers State got N10.3 billion. Between Kano and Jigawa states, which used to be
one state like Lagos State, they got N7 billion. Lagos State only got N3.4 billion.
“If you remove Ekiti State with the lowest allocation of just N2.3 billion, Akwa Ibom State alone gets more allocation than the
rest of the South-West states put together including Lagos. And guess what? Hundreds of thousands of Akwa Ibom State citizens are in Lagos State enjoying the state’s free
West states at N15 billion per month by 12, you have N180 billion per year! This is less
than 30% of what the FG make from the Lagos Seaports alone, don’t even talk about VAT that Lagos contributes over 60% of the
total accrual to the FG.

“Now, my State Governor can’t pay his workers because of this systemic injustice.
It is better we start the implementation of regional based fiscal federalism now.
hw yu take know. Are yu d accountant general of d federation?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by tinkinjow: 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
You guys should be thankful that Akwa Ibom and others are tolerating the meagre 13% allocation. If care isn't taken very soon you'll be left with zero allocation.
You hate on others working hard to make a living in Lagos yet you forget what other people resources have given to Lagos and the south west

Every Yoruba claim and pride him or her self over Lagos....
Sometimes I wonder whether south westerners outside of Lagos pay attention to the Lagos bent. Recently at the National Conference, Lagos delegates goaded by Tinubu and Fashola completely went against the demands of the Yorubas...the truth is if Tinubu have his way he'd since have seceded from south west.

Stop being envious of the Niger Delta, Nigeria owe them even more. And stop the shame of pointing to ur population, it's like a man who decided to have a large family marrying many wives and fathering a thousand children complaining at harvest that the other man with smaller family is getting more than he is forgetting that the harvest is from that same man's farm. If he wants more he should cultivate his own farm.
Please we should look away from the niger deltas oil and start creating our own revenue sources.
You think the Niger deltans are satisfied with what they get, they know their cities should be like Dubai, or at the least Lagos and Abuja which are created by their money...they won't stop until they get everything....and time is ticking.
Yorubas should stop sounding as if they don't want other places in Nigeria to progress. Enough said, one love.

45 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nossa(m): 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by JohnFrankling(m): 9:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
If you want more allocation then produce oil, from a concerned Rivers man

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by truefact: 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
bamidele029:

Only unintelligent people throw out insults instead of making sensible points. OP didn't insult anyone, can't you make your point like a civilized fellow angry thought you people claim only APC folks throw around insults unprovoked

Too many ill-mannered children on Nairaland these days angry
Stop ranting. ...Declare your sophisticated ritualistic and incest progressive republic. ..let hear word...I know cowards always have silly excuses

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by chinchum(m): 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
Lagos ports + VAT (13% derivation) will triple FG allocation to Lagos state.
Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
chinchum:
Lagos ports + VAT (13% derivation) will triple FG allocation to Lagos state.
We would simply build ports in other states naa.Lagos should be grateful to the FG for siting it's main port there

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Anybody mentioning population is merely been mischievous. Does the state governments feed the inhabitants? Does Ambode feed the people of Lagos? Rather more population is even a plus for the states as it guarantees more IGR's through taxes etc

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
This is the main reason I personally clamour for regionalism or at best fiscal federalism it will be. The best that happen to nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by chinchum(m): 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
chukwudi44:

We would simply build ports in other states naa.Lagos should be grateful to the FG for siting it's main port there

Till then, but now port is sitting in Lagos waters, and bulk of VAT shared across states comes from Lagos. Lagos deserves 13% of each. Over 1 thrillion generated annually from Lagos ports.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
OP, you should understand what determines the sharing formular.
1. Revenue Generation (13%)
2. Number of Local Government

Kano for instance has 44LGAs, hence they have advantage. Jugawa has 27 LGAs. Whereas Lagos has just 20, Ekiti 16, Osun has 30LG but contribute little or nothing to FG coffers. When lagos moved for more LGA Obj fought against it. Sadly, some of you said nothing.

What we need is resource control and true federalism. Otherwise...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by HzRF(m): 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hammefeez:

total accrual to the FG.

1)U are a fool to have believed /cook that we SW only got 15bn since jan
2)ur stupidity is outstanding free education in lagos??are they suppose to pay tuition fees in public skul after reg with 10k. The revenue u are bragging about is the igbos nt the ones paying bunch of it
3)is it ur land that is supposed to chronic land destruction after exploration
4)u want fiscal federalism yet ur likes said confab is a waste

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by chinchum(m): 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
chukwudi44:
Anybody mentioning population is merely been mischievous. Does the state governments feed the inhabitants? Does Ambode feed the people of Lagos? Rather more population is even a plus for the states as it guarantees more IGR's through taxes etc
Intelligence is not your strength. Population puts wear /tear on infrastructures (roads,schools,hospitals,markets e.t.c) waste management/disposal, increase traffic issues e.t.c, especially when the bulk of the population is not taxable. How many chukwudis in Lagos pay tax?

3 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nicepoker(m): 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2015
SS would have suffered a lot if crude were to be explored in SW. Issue of minority feeding the majority. For me a state like osun should be carved out from Nigeria. Parasitic SW region.

13 Likes

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
I thought they said that their GDP is above se states, why are they owing their workers?
Bloody liars from pit of hell.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by jmoore(m): 10:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
I think states should be in control of their resources.
Akwaibom should have a higher budget if she controls more than 90% of its oil.

When companies experience fall in profits they reduce their workforce. The civil service of most states if not all is over populated. Reduce the workforce. I wonder what all the advisers to these governors are doing.

Population or not, states should stop sucking the breast of the Federal Government . Stop waiting to be spoonfed.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Hammefeez: 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Reading your posts

.No time for haters.

1 Like

Re: Federal Allocation-does The South-west Deserve This? by Hammefeez: 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
jmoore:
I THINK STATES SHOULD BE IN CONTROL OF THEIR RESOURCES.

I share your view

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Rated World's Richest Senate President... / 2019 Elections: APC To Meet With Governors, Set To Fix Convention Date / Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.