Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Once Saved Always Saved - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Always Saved (4115 Views)

Once Saved Always Saved And Suicide - Jack Kelley / Is Once Saved Always Saved / Is Once Saved Always Saved? Eternal Security Discussed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 24, 2015
I can read from your responses that you guys are not submissive to learn.
All you after is to prove your point.
I posted earlier that "Salvation is a gift of God,One can choose to receive or reject"..to be continued..

these guys need schooling..lemme get my laptop.i cant type all with my hands.I am going to book several spaces.
I will be glad to answer all these questions..
I have done it before,I will do it again.

I will make you see your ignorance(s) as it were, and i will make you see why you need to spend quality time studying .
CC scholar8200.
i booked this space for you
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 24, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

You have not answered my question. You quoted only the scriptures to lay hold on your claim. Let me give you more of the scriptures.
Ez.18:24 But when a RIGHTEOUS man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? ALL the righteousness which he has done shall NOT be REMEMBERED because of the unfaithfulness of which he is GUILTY and the SIN which he has committed, because of them he shall die.
Mt.7:21 Not everyone who says to Me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who DOES the WILL of My Father in heaven.
Gal.5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanliness, lewdness.
20. Idollatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissemsions, heresies.
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, AND THE LIKE, of which I tell you BEFOREHAND , just as I also told you in time past, that those who PRACTICE such things WILL NOT inherit the kingdom of God.
1 john 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who PRACTICES righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
8. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning...
Rev.2:5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen, REPENT and DO the first WORKS, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place- unless you REPENT.
10 ..... Be FAITHFUL until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
Mt.24:13 But he who ENDURES to the END shall be saved.
Rev.21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone which is the second death.
Go back and read Heb.10:23-24 which you quoted.
Heb.10:26 For if we sin WILLFULLY after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgement, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
28. Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29. Of how MUCH WORSE punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
I tell you that 'once saved ever saved' is from the 'darkest part' of hell that the devil has used to make christians careless in the way they live their lives.
What shows that one is a new creation is not just the inner cleansing, but also the FRUIT (works) of the person.
Answer my question. Will one who had been saved, yet engages in sexual immorality, and dies in such lifestyle going to inherit the Kingdom of God?

i laugh at your ignorance,i am booking this space for you,
I read in between the lines of what you posted and i found answers there.
Lemme Get my Laptop.
cc Barnabaseloka
Re: Once Saved Always Saved by NumberOne2(m): 12:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
Lateralmaths:

Hebrews 6
1 So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don’t need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God. 2 You don’t need further instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3 And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.

4 For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened—those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come—6 and who then turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance; by rejecting the Son of God, they themselves are nailing him to the cross once again and holding him up to public shame.

7 When the ground soaks up the falling rain and bears a good crop for the farmer, it has God’s blessing. 8 But if a field bears thorns and thistles, it is useless. The farmer will soon condemn that field and burn it.

9 Dear friends, even though we are talking this way, we really don’t believe it applies to you. We are confident that you are meant for better things, things that come with salvation.

look at verse 9 properly.

All this scripture and the question remains unanswered. I perceive the question is beyond you. I suggest you consult your Pastor for an answer. Questions like this can come up during Evangelism. It will help you to know the answer before hand. Cheers

NumberOne2:
I asked this question before and it was ignored:
You probably know or heard of Atheists who were once Born again Christians but now deny God. They even convince other Christians to fall from the faith (to deny God's existence).
So will this Atheist also make it to Heaven because they were ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Honor God’s Ministers / About John. D. Rockefeller, The Richest Man Ever Since King Solomon / Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.