Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,015 members, 7,841,864 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Tribunal: My Life In Serious Danger, Ezugwu Cries Over Enugu North Tribunal. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal: My Life In Serious Danger, Ezugwu Cries Over Enugu North Tribunal. (581 Views)

General Victor Ezugwu Visits Soldiers In Sambisa Forest. Photos / Boko Haram Ambushes Victor Ezugwu's Convoy - Premium Time / General Victor Ezugwu Receives Hero's Cheers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal: My Life In Serious Danger, Ezugwu Cries Over Enugu North Tribunal. by sambiyi(m): 12:42am On Jun 15, 2015
Tribunal: My life in serious danger, Ezugwu cries out
ABUJA — The All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, candidate for Enugu North senatorial district in the recently concluded general elections, Chief Willy Ezugwu, has raised alarm over threats to his life.
Ezugwu said that apart from being trailed by some unknown persons, and had been bombarded by several calls by some persons who had asked him to either withdraw his petition at the courts or be killed.
Ezugwu is at the Enugu Tribunal challenging the propriety or otherwise of the emergence of Barr. Chuka Utazi as the senator-elect of the zone.
The APGA candidate came second according to results released by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Ezugwu is contending to be declared the senator-elect, positing that at the time of election, Chuka Utazi was not the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and hence he (Ezugwu) should be declared winner.
Ezugwu, who also serves as secretary general of Conference of Nigeria Political Parties, CNPP, stated that the current threat to his life was in connection with his quest to retrieve his stolen mandate, noting that this would be the second time he would be raising alarm over threat to his life.
“During the campaigns, I had cause to petition the Inspector General of Police over threats to my life. I want to put it on record again that my life is under threat, following warnings that I withdrew my petition from the Tribunal where I am challenging the emergence of Barr. Chuka Utazi of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as the senator-elect of Enugu -North.
“No amount of intimidation would deter me from pursuing to a logical conclusion my petition at the Tribunal as I am a firm believer in the rule of law.
“Those sending threat messages to me and trailing my movements should know that power belongs to God and only Him is the giver of life.
“I and the good people of Enugu North will definitely see that judgement is done and no amount of intimidation would hinder this,” Ezugwu stated.

Source:http://naija042..com/2015/06/tribunal-my-life-in-serious-danger.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook&m=1
Re: Tribunal: My Life In Serious Danger, Ezugwu Cries Over Enugu North Tribunal. by sambiyi(m): 12:45am On Jun 15, 2015
I wonder when Politics in Naija will become an exciting and freest thing to do. Politicians be running after their life like they have spare life at home.
Re: Tribunal: My Life In Serious Danger, Ezugwu Cries Over Enugu North Tribunal. by Caseless: 1:46am On Jun 15, 2015
I was thinking the case has something to do with ekweremadu.

Had it been the case before the tribunal has something to do with him, there wouldn't have been a better way to use the tribunal to remove him so as to get back our deputy senate president seat than this.
Re: Tribunal: My Life In Serious Danger, Ezugwu Cries Over Enugu North Tribunal. by focus7: 7:59am On Jun 15, 2015
Igbos and the murderous criminal instinct.
Re: Tribunal: My Life In Serious Danger, Ezugwu Cries Over Enugu North Tribunal. by lawflec(m): 8:31am On Jun 15, 2015
Is only in igbo land that somebody who did not contest for an election will budget a huge amount of money for another candidate not to win and go as far as killing so that he be not declared winner.

Igbo ekenem oooooooo..... Kedu ofu obi Biafra?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Cabinet: Candidates For Accountant General To Pass Tests / APC Lambastes ‘PDP Media Watchdog’ For Asking Buhari To Resign / Buhari A Man Of Destiny – Farida Waziri(former EFCC Boss)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.