Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February (1030 Views)

Poll: Who wins this pass pass ball competition?

Arsenal: 62% (5 votes)
Roma: 25% (2 votes)
Draw: 12% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Real Madrid Vs Roma: UCL (2 - 0) On 8th March 2016 / Barcelona Vs Roma UCL (6 - 1) On 24th November 2015 / Manchester City Vs Barcelona: UCL (1 - 2) On 24th February 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by mukina2: 11:17pm On Feb 22, 2009
Arsenal take on Roma in the first leg in the round of 16 in the UCL. Since both sides are well off pace in their respective domestic leagues, Arsenal are still in the English Fa Cup , If they get beaten on that ,This could  likely  be the chance  for silverware for both teams these season and both will really go all out to steal all the points in this encounter.

Arsenal are yet to lose this year, going 11 matches unbeaten and will most likely be with  Walcott, Captain Fabgregas and Eduardoand are currrently ranked 5th in the premier league table, Roma on the other hand are currently ranked 6th, they lost  a match.  New signing Arshavin is not eligible to play , having played for Zenith ealier he is cup tied  despite having an unbeaten run,  and impressive ball game, pases and a unique style of play ,the gunners find it hard to score and have been having troubles holding the lead without conceiving.

Roma are still more or less a single man team, everything being rotated around fransecco totti, former gunner  Baptista will feature in thie match and wil lbe hoping to make an impact.Roma is an attack oriented team too ,just like Arsenal but they have suffered in the hands of english opponents in the last few years(Man Utd) but a bit of redemption against Chelsea. They wil lbe without  two key central defenders , Samuel and Juan grin

This will be an important match for both teams but witth Roma also having a poor run of matches, I tip the gunners to take this one.
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by tayoccu(m): 2:50pm On Feb 23, 2009
i concur
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by toluwalomo(m): 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2009
Even if Fabby and co recover from injury, will they be able to play 90 minutes?

Arsenal has been f-ing up when you count on them.

See the barren draw at home to Sunderland.

So if we don't have Fabby we cannot creatively open up a game once our opponents put the whole team behind the ball?

At this rate, even I can coach a team in the Premier League and get a draw.

I won't stick my neck out for this one. Arsenal's other name is unpredictablity.
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by dyabman(m): 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2009
Arsenal is going down to Roma by 3 goals to 1 , i dont see arsenal getting a draw sef,
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2009
Arsenal may likely take this one.
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by dyabman(m): 5:45pm On Feb 23, 2009
No stop it , stop flattering them , they are the weakest of all
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by edoyad(m): 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2009
No stop it , stop flattering them , they are the weakest of all
Diaby man or whatever, instead of you to focus on how to prevent Mourinho from bringing disgrace to old trafford, you're talking about Arsenal.
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by bgees(m): 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2009
Roma can beat Arsenal over the two legs.

With the injuries to Fabregas &Adebayor,it will be hard for Arsenal to stop Roma even if Totti won't play.
I think it will be similar to the Sevill a vs Arsenal encounter last season in spain.

But Wenger might want to act a hypocrite. He may try to 'soak' pressure and play defensive.
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 23, 2009
edoyad:

Diaby man or whatever, instead of you to focus on how to prevent Mourinho from bringing disgrace to old trafford, you're talking about Arsenal.
He happens to be blue
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by hustler(m): 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2009
This will be one of the most balanced clashes. Both teams tend to play the same free flowing passing football. But one coach is tactically sound than the other and that is Luciano Spaletti.

For me it will be a shock if Arsenal win this one with all the players they have out. Roma have recovered some of their players tho Aquilani is out. Dunno bout Pizarro's condition but Vucinic who has been their player of the season should be available. If Roma can display the form that has seen them rise from near relegation waters to the brink of UCL qualification in the league, then they can take this one over the 2 legs.

They will need Er Pupone at his very best tho cuz Arsenal will attack you regardless. Van Persie has played some good footie dis season and should be the main threat. If Eduardo is pushed into this tie, he may end up with no legs at all, i think it's better he's not listed, Roma aint Cardiff abi na Barnsey him score 2 against the other day wey person no hear word.

I tip Roma on this one.
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by dyabman(m): 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2009
edoyad:

no bi diaby na diawarra,

BlueDiva:

He happens to be blue

No mind am jawee , e head no correct,
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by A40(m): 2:20am On Feb 24, 2009
bgees:

Roma can beat Arsenal over the two legs.

With the injuries to Fabregas &Adebayor,it will be hard for Arsenal to stop Roma even if Totti won't play.
I think it will be similar to the Sevill a vs Arsenal encounter last season in spain.

But Wenger might want to act a hypocrite. He may try to 'soak' pressure and play defensive.
Do you watch Serie A at all? Roma are the weakest of the lot! they can't defend to save their lives

We should beat Roma over 2 legs barring any unforeseen circumstances
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by bawomolo(m): 2:38am On Feb 24, 2009
Tell them, we shall overcome.
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by tayoccu(m): 9:39am On Feb 24, 2009
He happens to be blue

then dyabman should go cry, cos claudio's gonna have his revenge (and I'm not the only one who thinks so, go check the shepe/pensioneer (chelsea) vs Juventus(old lady) thread).
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by ABDULJELIL1(m): 10:19am On Feb 24, 2009
i see arsenal on the lead tonight.The only worry is that,the team as much as possible not to concieve any goal because that may be a very difficult thing against us.But predict it to be 2:0 in favour of 'the gunners'.
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by tayoccu(m): 10:54am On Feb 24, 2009
Amen
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by khanye(m): 11:48am On Feb 24, 2009
tayoccu:

Amen
ABDUL JELIL:

i see arsenal on the lead tonight.The only worry is that,the team as much as possible not to concieve any goal because that may be a very difficult thing against us.But predict it to be 2:0 in favour of 'the gunners'.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by Image123(m): 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2009
arsenal usually does well against italian opposition.If the coach makes the right selections,they'll win one leg and characteristically draw one leg
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by dominictj(m): 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2009
asernal don win d game o
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by khanye(m): 7:50pm On Feb 24, 2009
Let's go there Gunnars
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by olodo(m): 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2009
A s Roma wiil fall by thr grace of God
ARSENA= 2 ROMA= 0
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by bgees(m): 8:45pm On Feb 24, 2009
Don Totti is going to play. Arsenal don die today!
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by proxies(m): 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2009
em wear metal for leg?
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by tommy2k2(m): 10:43pm On Feb 24, 2009
where are the haters of Arsenal, abeg make una show face now, shey we no beat AS roma abi we beat them, Man u dey go draw, Gunners for Life
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by salehm(m): 2:02am On Feb 25, 2009
Where r dey arsenal haters!Una don go hide.Useless people.If no be say dat useless bendtner,
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by Grizzly(m): 2:46am On Feb 25, 2009
we all know at what stage arsenal bows out
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by allboyz(m): 10:05am On Feb 25, 2009
Grizzly:

we all know at what stage arsenal bows out

After we had won abi? and took the cup to the Emirate grin cheesy wink
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by Marymos: 12:45pm On Feb 25, 2009
Arsenal would have finish Roma if not because of the scoring chances they missed.They were just too much last night.Although am not their fan but they played very well last night.
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by JUNIT1(m): 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2009
did yall see dat glorious chance that eboue squandered, damm, and bendtner wat was he doing, missing 3 chances, we could have won like 5 nil, oh well, atleast we didnt conceed any goal, so we got a slight advantage, but i'm confident that we are in the quaters
Re: UCL: Arsenal(1) Vs Roma(0) Tuesday 24th February by switch47(m): 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2009
arsenal is a great side

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Now Has First Option On Fabregas!! / What I Did For My Summer Holiday By Theo Walcott Esq, Aged 8 1/2 / Chelsea 4 Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.