Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? (4341 Views)

Nigeria Breaking News Today / R / Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2015
I don't believe in breaking up the country because I feel a country is stronger when it has a larger population and landmass. Nigerians have been benefiting from the country size but we don't realize it cos we always focus on the negative sides. To make the post short I would not like to go into details of how being big is better.

The reason I feel we are facing tribal issues in Nigeria is because different ethnic groups are living separately in different corners of the country. That is like having various countries in one country. People will always be conscious of their tribe in this kind of setting where one one ethnic group is occupying one section of the country. We cannot have true national unity with this kind of ethnic distribution. Right from the beginning this issue would have been resolved by introducing policies and incentives to make all the ethnic groups in Nigeria leave their home soil and spread out evenly across all areas of the country. In every area of the country we should have equal numbers of Hausas , yorubas, Igbos etc. The founders of NYSC may have realized this a bit but NYSC is too limited and cannot make any impact. A lot of problems would have been solved if there was proper ethnic mixing. There would have be nothing like Biafra. The second Niger bridge, airport or seaport would no longer be an Igbo thing but something for all Nigerians. The oil in the Niger Delta would no longer be an Ijaw thing but something for all Nigerians. National elections would no longer be north vs south. The tribalism like we have here on Nairaland wouldn't have been this rampant.

So the question remains, which would be better for Nigeria? Is it a break up or a proper ethnic mixing?
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by aminho(m): 10:17am On Jun 15, 2015
Mixing
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by yang(m): 10:20am On Jun 15, 2015
Divide the zoo. . . its criminal for a man from sokoto to steal from the Niger-delta and turn around to call it unity. Go to abuja where there is not a single drop of crude and contrast that with Mbiama or Omoku or Egbema and you will know that the Zoo is a criminal Enterprise

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by vayne(m): 10:31am On Jun 15, 2015
You can clearly see,the mixing is not working.
Or do you need another 50yrs.

15 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 15, 2015
yang:
Divide the zoo. . . its criminal for a man to sokoto to steal from the Niger-delta and turn around to call it unity. Go to abuja where there is not a single drop of crude and contrast that with Mbiama or Omoku or Egbema and you will know that the Zoo is a criminal Enterprise
When you divide the zoo remember the zoo will still have different animals in it. So are you going to keep diving the zoo to sort out every differences? In other words, taking Biafra for instance, there is diversity in igboland so are you going to divide Biafra if ngwa people have a disagreement with mbaise people?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 15, 2015
vayne:
You can clearly see,the mixing is not working.
How can the mixing work when it is NOT even implemented yet? This is something that should have been done right after the country was called Nigeria.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by truefact: 10:46am On Jun 15, 2015
Ontarget:

When you divide the zoo remember the zoo will still have different animals in it. So are you going to keep diving the zoo to sort out every differences? In other words, taking Biafra for instance, there is diversity in igboland so are you going to divide Biafra if ngwa people have a disagreement with mbaise people?
Why not unify africa. ..abeg learn to stand on your own...wonder why you so much love the Biafrans. .d sophisticated cowards...

Did you see a biafran giant last night in dreams...coneheads. ..Scratchy...incestuous lots

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by drtwist(m): 10:49am On Jun 15, 2015
Bros which state are you from?
The only thing that can unite a group is when you give the minorities a sense of belonging by making them understand that the country need them to develop. Ops be sincere if the minority of nigeria truly does not possess any oil, I know this country would have been long broken by now.
I believe NIGERIA mY FATHER land CAN ONLY BE GREAT iF THE MINORITY IS ALWAYS RESPECTED IN ANY DECISION TAKEN BY OUR LEADERS.

Imagine APC as a ruling party forming a government without people from a particular region being among the top 8 citizens citing that they didn't merit it because they didn't vote for your party and you expect this same people to wish you One Nigeria.

Lets end it

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2015
truefact:

Why not unify africa. ..abeg learn to stand on your own...wonder why you so much love the Biafrans. .d sophisticated cowards...

Did you see a biafran giant last night in dreams...coneheads. ..Scratchy...incestuous lots
If every one should stand on his own like you said then there would be no country cos we all have our differences down to individual families. Countries should not be formed based on tribe. It should be formed based on INTEREST. Let's purse our interest together and we will all be better off than a smaller entity called Biafra.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by vayne(m): 10:57am On Jun 15, 2015
Ontarget:

How can the mixing work when it is NOT even implemented yet? This is something that should have been done right after the country was called Nigeria.
you think its easy implementing ethnic mixing in nigeria?
Just like an attempt to make people careless about where they come from.
Ethnicity is here to stay,if you think otherwise then tell me why obama was mostly celebrated by africans.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2015
drtwist:
Bros which state are you from?
The only thing that can unite a group is when you give the minorities a sense of belonging by making them understand that the country need them to develop. Ops be sincere if the minority of nigeria truly does not possess any oil, I know this country would have been long broken by now.
I believe NIGERIA mY FATHER land CAN ONLY BE GREAT iF THE MINORITY IS ALWAYS RESPECTED IN ANY DECISION TAKEN BY OUR LEADERS.

Imagine APC as a ruling party forming a government without people a particular region being among the top 8 citizens citing that they didn't merit it because they didn't vote for your party and you expect this same people to wish you One Nigeria.
And that is why ethnic mixing is ideal. There would be nothing like minority or majority if every tribe in Nigeria were spread evenly across the nation.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 15, 2015
vayne:

you think its easy implementing ethnic mixing in nigeria?
Just like an attempt to make people careless about where they come.
Ethnicity is here to stay,if you think otherwise then tell me why obama was mostly celebrated by africans.
Bro. Its very very simple over a period of years. The government has the power to introduce programs that provides preferential opportunities and incentives for people from an ethnic group to settle in areas not there ancestral home soil.
For instance land acquisition should be made to favor those from a different region.
Government workers can be posted to areas not their tribal areas.
Students can be made to school in areas not their tribal areas.
Business should be made favorable to those from different areas.

Just a simple example of how feasible it is.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 15, 2015
Ontarget:

Now the question is, who's fault is it?
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 15, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Now the question is, who's fault is it?
It is the fault of the FOUNDING FATHERS. They laid a very bad foundation for the country and we are still suffering for it.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Flets: 11:34am On Jun 15, 2015
Regionalism is the way forward. With that, we can govern ourselves in our regions while taking advantage of our population.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by SOUNDKING: 11:38am On Jun 15, 2015
Division asap, there is nothing one about the unholy zoo.

5 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by enuguwatch: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2015
Ugochukwu John Ani, a notorious fraudster of residence 14 Odionyenfe Close, Beside Kings High School, City Layout, New Heaven Extension Enugu of Phone number 08133685346 who built a 2 storey building in the mentioned address has been scamming a lot of innocent citizens both foreigners and locals. This short heighted innocent looking man even murdered one of his victims in Turkey recently. Through our sources, it has been gathered that he is planning a big hit with his old father to defraud an elderly Yoruba woman of Millions and this crime is currently on-going.
EFCC & Nigerian Police take note!
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 15, 2015
Funny thread! Nothing good can come out of inequality and injustice. Nigeria need to be renegotiated IF we are to build a united concensus. Every ethnic nationalities must come together to table their respective demands and agree on a concensus. Otherwise, referendum be held to determine whether or not people want out. There are so many fundamental flaws in the system.

10 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Goldmind1(m): 11:53am On Jun 15, 2015
Divide the Country, in my own words except God says otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 15, 2015
Ethnic mixing isn't the solution.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against inter-ethnic marriage but rather I believe our diversity is what makes us strong and gives us a rich cultural diversity.

What is the problem is how we manage our diversity and views and this bothers squarely on the fact that we are not operating the right legal document in the form of the flawed 1999 constitution which bennefits some people over others.

I have been a serial advocate for Nigeria's Balkanization because all efforts to address this problem has failed since the north and now the southwest are not ready to renegotiate our corporate charter.

The only solution as things stand is a return to true federalism and resource control.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by EasternPride: 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
Ethnic mixing isn't the solution.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against inter-ethnic marriage but rather I believe our diversity is what makes us strong and gives us a rich cultural diversity.

What is the problem is how we manage our diversity and views and this bothers squarely on the fact that we are not operating the right legal document in the form of the flawed 1999 constitution which bennefits some people over others.

I have been a serial advocate for Nigeria's Balkanization because all efforts to address this problem has failed since the north and now the southwest are not ready to renegotiate our corporate charter.

The only solution as things stand is a return to true federalism and resource control.

What is federalism and resource control when you can fight it out with the same devil and gain freedom, with that u can federalize and control ur resources anyhow u like.

Nigeria as a country is doomed, if Nigeria can give Malaysia oil palm seed and fastforward 15 years we are importing the same palm oil from them.

Nonsense country, rubbish fake entity.

8 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
EasternPride:

What is federalism and resource control when you can fight it out with the same devil and gain freedom, with that u can federalize and control ur resources anyhow u like.

Nigeria as a country is doomed, if Nigeria can give Malaysia oil palm seed and fastforward 15 years we are importing the same palm oil from them.

Nonsense country, rubbish fake entity.

I know there is no way the north or SW will agree on a return to true federalism and resource control since these two regions have actively opposed any legislation towards resource control and as such it will be foolish to think they will cave in anytime soon.

As you rightly said, this country is doomed.

I was rooting for Boko Haram's success because in the event they overrun the north and are heading to the southwest, we in the Niger Delta and SE will simply pull out without a gun shot.

This scenario will play out under Buhari because I don't see Buhari tackling Boko Haram or his Fulani kind men in the middle belt and sooner or later this monsters will overrun the north and middle belt.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by EasternPride: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

I know there is no way the north or SW will agree on a return to true federalism and resource control since these two regions have actively opposed any legislation towards resource control and as such it will be foolish to think they will cave in anytime soon.

I was rooting for Boko Haram's success because in the event they overrun the north and are heading to the southwest, we in the Niger Delta and SE will simply pull out without a gun shot.

This scenario will play out under Buhari because I don't see Buhari tackling Boko Haram or his Fulani kind men in the middle belt and sooner or later this monsters will overrun the north and middle belt.

Fair enough, but we just have to be ready to fight for the freedom, the longer we are held up in this evil contraption, the more our own is finished.

What can people even say that makes them to love Nigeria if not for oyel money and constant looting by the thieves at the top.

10 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ontarget:

If every one should stand on his own like you said then there would be no country cos we all have our differences down to individual families. Countries should not be formed based on tribe. It should be formed based on INTEREST. Let's purse our interest together and we will all be better off than a smaller entity called Biafra.

So you mean when Gowon was shelling my village, it was in my interest?

8 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Dollyak(f): 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
In a more reasonable world an integration of different ethnicity would be better. But for an uncivilised country as Nigeria, it is better in the long run both economically and socially, for each tribes to break up and be independent. An European union style integration is a better proposition.

5 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by atlwireles: 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2015
It might take a while longer, but the break up of Nigeria is a foregone conclusion, mixing ethnic groups will not stop this train.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Curlieweed: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dollyak:
In a more reasonable world an integration of different ethnicity would be better. But for an uncivilised country as Nigeria, it is better in the long run both economically and socially, for each tribes to break up and be independent. An European union style integration is a better proposition.

1 million likes for your insight. Are you sure you be Naija woman? Clear logical thought process. The absofucking truth.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2015
Mixing ke.

The mixed ones in Plateau state, how are they faring?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

So you mean when Gowon was shelling my village, it was in my interest?
And that would have been prevented if an ethnic mix across the country existed. Your village would never have been shelled cos the war would have happened in the first place. Igbos wanted to take advantage of their concentration in a particular region of the country to break away. Its another clear reason why its dangerous for only a particular tribe to occupy one part of the country.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by PentiumPro(f): 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
Nigeria should let Ibos go.
There will be peace and progress in Nigeria once those cave dwellers are let go.
They are not wired to dwell in peace with anyone.
Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Dollyak(f): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The bolded is not true. In fact it was the eastern states that refused the calls for regionalism

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better For Nigeria: Breaking Up Or Ethnic Mixing? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dollyak:

The bolded is not true. In fact it was the eastern states that refused the calls for regionalism

E is showing another re-run of Keeping Up with the Kardashians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wounded Biafran Protesters In Onitsha Anambra State Today - Graphic Photos / Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? / PDP Urges World Leaders To Advice APC On Credible Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.