Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David (789 Views)

When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? / Why Are Most Christians Afraid Of Devil And His Followers....(evil Men)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by ebamma(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
Why are Christians always afraid of death?
Nobody prays against death like the apostles of
life after death and candidates of sky palace with
streets of gold. About to board a bus, they pray
against accidents, on a flight, they pray against
aircrash. Early in the morning, they pray against
dying. In the church, they cast and bind untimely
death. As a matter of fact to die early is an agony
in the mind of the believers of life after death.
How can anyone dislike any circumstance that will
unite them with their father? You don’t love your
father or you don’t like where he stays or still you
believe he doesn’t exist. These are the best
possible answers ever.
I think sky-daddy will be feeling bad each time he
hears his people pray to him to cancel any
situation that will lead them to him.
It is not their fault. In the subconsciousness of
the believer lies the picture of a boring, opera-
styled environment with no Cable TV, Ipads,
facebook, cars but horses, donkeys and most
importantly, endless days of opera sing-songs to
a white-beareded man on a throne for eternity.
That is boring. Who will love such a place? No
wonder they don’t want to die.
Perhaps they do not even believe it exists. Their
pastors take it further by securing themselves
with bulletproof cars and armed security men, in
other to prevent any situation that can send them
to the company of sandals-wearing men like
Peter and Paul or goat skin wearing men like
John the baptist and Elijah especially with beards
that haven’t been shaved for centuries. Islam was
smart to add virgins to make it lovely. Too bad
that the Romans never thought of it.
Believing in life after death and then praying
against death, is like going to school and refusing
to graduate and doing everything possible to
remain in school but at the same time telling
everyone that the life of a graduate is better than
that of a student.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
Life is so sweet
Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by calculator123(m): 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
i say those prayers cuz i avent accomplished my mission on earth
Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by BOWOTO(m): 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
What's the rush to die? I don't want to leave my family here on earth , and my father in heaven is here with me. I see him everywhere, give your life to christ and experience true happiness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
BOWOTO:
What's the rush to die? I don't want to leave my family here on earth , and my father in heaven is here with me. I see him everywhere, give your life to christ and experience true happiness.
amen. I greatly rejoice in the Spirit when i see my brethren like you walking in the truth. I have no other greater joy than to see my brethren in Christ walking in the truth ( 3 john 1 -4) God bless you

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by CANTICLES: 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
BOWOTO:

Of course Earth is sweet, deep inside of you , you know this word by God himself is true

" but as for the dead (those who have died) , they know nothing at all" ecc 9:5

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by CANTICLES: 7:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
amen. I greatly rejoice in the Spirit when i see my brethren like you walking in the truth. I have no other greater joy than to see my brethren in Christ walking in the truth ( 3 john 1 -4) God bless you

The folly of afterlife . Why dont you pray for death ? Is it not your visa to heaven ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by BOWOTO(m): 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
God bless you too brother.
Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
CANTICLES:

The folly of afterlife . Why dont you pray for death ? Is it not your visa to heaven ?
john 17 vs 15 - I pray that You should not take them (the believers) out of the world but that You should keep them from the evil.
We have a lot of task to fulfill on this earth. We the believers are God's mouthpiece. God speaks to you thru us. He calls you to repentance thru our preaching. Then when the set time is appointed when the Lord shall descend from heaven and we the believers and you the sinner who believed our gospel and change, we both shall be caught up together to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we be with Him forever and ever. Even so. Amen.
Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by CANTICLES: 11:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
john 17 vs 15 - I pray that You should not take them (the believers) out of the world but that You should keep them from the evil.
We have a lot of task to fulfill on this earth. We the believers are God's mouthpiece. God speaks to you thru us. He calls you to repentance thru our preaching. Then when the set time is appointed when the Lord shall descend from heaven and we the believers and you the sinner who believed our gospel and change, we both shall be caught up together to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we be with Him forever and ever. Even so. Amen.

Stop fooling yourself bro , Jesus dont bliv in the pagan greek concept of afterlife RATHER he likened death to SLEEP , indicating that the dead are conscious of nothing at all - John 11:11-14 ,ecc 9:5

Pointing to RESURECTION as the only hope for the dead ( john 5:28,29)

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by NumberOne2(m): 12:30am On Jun 16, 2015
Who says one MUST die to go to Heaven? Did you not read of Enoch and Elijah?
Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by CANTICLES: 6:28am On Jun 16, 2015
NumberOne2:
Who says one MUST die to go to Heaven? Did you not read of Enoch and Elijah?

Nice one bro , Enoch and Elijah go to heaven , yet Jesus still said " no man has ever ascend to heaven" john 3:13. think

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Afraid Of Dying----Imoh David by NumberOne2(m): 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
CANTICLES:

Nice one bro , Enoch and Elijah go to heaven , yet Jesus still said " no man has ever ascend to heaven" john 3:13. think

Missing my point. Based on my examples, Man doesnt have to die to leave this World. Besides, there is not guarantee a man will go to heaven if dead. Hell is also an option.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Christians Condemn US On Same-sex Marriage / I Will Pesonally Burn Down Any Church Or Mosque That Is Within My Reach / Blood Is Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.