Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,097 members, 7,835,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

"Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! (2635 Views)

Big Brother Naija 2017 Winner Announcement & Grand Finale Thread / Bbnaija: 2face, Runtown & Tiwa Savage To Perform At The Grand Finale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by temitemi1(m): 2:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
If you have not seen the Season 5 finale of Game of Thrones, “Mother’s Mercy,” then do yourself a huge favor and stop reading now.
Jon Snow is dead.
Yes, the Bastard of Winterfell turned Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch with the beautiful head of hair was steered by that little shit Olly into a trap, and, staring at a miniature cross with the word “Traitor” plastered across it, was stabbed by Ser Alliser Thorne and the rest of the Night’s Watchmen to death in true Julius Caesar fashion. The death strike came courtesy of Olly, who’d watched his family be butchered by the wildlings and had harbored resentment towards Snow for cozying up to them.
And according to Kit Harington, who plays Snow, the sexy bastard is gone for good—at least that’s what he was told by showrunners Dan Weiss and David Benioff, as well as author George R.R. Martin, whose idea it was.
“This is my understanding of it,” Harington told Entertainment Weekly. “I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk. And they said, ‘Look, you’re gone, it’s done’… Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, ‘This is how it is.’ If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it—it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.”
"But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really."
Snow had, it seems, lost sight of the needs of the Night’s Watch.
“There’s a huge amount of fault,” Harington told EW. “He hasn’t paid attention to the people around him. He’s only looked at the big picture this season. His major fault is a bit like Ned’s in that when trying to do the right thing he wasn’t observing the people around him. He had blinders on. All he could really see is this impending doom by the White Walkers and doing things for the greater good, and what he was missing was Olly and [Ser Alliser] Thorne and some of the men around him. He wasn’t seeing their discontent and dealing with the smaller issues. And because of that, he’s served justice.”

That outcome really depends on your definition of “justice.” This season saw Snow engage in politics like never before, angling—with the help of Samwell Tarly—his way to Lord Commander through a miniature coup over Ser Alliser, and as Harington said, trying to get a grasp of the larger picture (White Walkers, Winterfell) instead of focusing on the here and now. And, as anyone who’s familiar with the political arena knows, long-term plans have no place in politics; it’s all about immediate gratification.
'Game of Thrones' Season 5: The Best Moments
HBO
“How he goes about being a politician is something we’re going to see this year,” Harington told me earlier this season. “Does he force people to go his way, or does he ask them to? That’s what this whole season is for him—he’s deeply involved in politics in a way he hasn’t been before, and he’s too young for it, in a way. He doesn’t understand other men well enough to play the politician.” 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/15/game-of-thrones-finale-shocker-yes-he-s-really-dead.html?via=twitter_page

1 Share

Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Ezenwammadu(m): 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
l knew it was a matter of time cry cry
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
. . . . . . . . damn!! . . . . . . minion, why did I open this thread? cry
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by temitemi1(m): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
But u opened it!
torkaka:
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by hertz9te(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
omg snow dead......game of thrones is bleeped up,,,everybody i thought wont die,is dying
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by ApexTitan(m): 3:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
So this puts paid to any hopes of resurrection by the lord of the light eh. Wonderful.
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
temitemi1:
But u opened it!

. . . . . . . . .goon, you imps of the Otuoke order sure know how to spoil a show . . . . . . . . . . . . .anyway, I am now rooting for Stannis
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by ApexTitan(m): 3:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . .goon, you imps of the Otuoke order sure know how to spoil a show . . . . . . . . . . . . .anyway, I am now rooting for Stannis

Lol. Keep rooting. grin

4 Likes

Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by negga4al(m): 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
I knew it!!! He was gonna die sooner or later. And what way to break our hearts till next year's season. grin

He truly was now feeling like a king, trying to do politics, forgetting that he his just a watcher. Certainly, he became blind and his enemies grew and lay seige.

So sad though, he his fan's favourite. I hope fans don't carry placards now. grin

Also, a shame for Stannis Barratian. Trusting the red witch, he lost all and paid the ultimate price with his life, perhaps...I mean how can you sacrifice your daughter because you wan win throne. Na wa sha.

What the heck is going on with the Starks Arya dan blind? Sansa taking a suicidal jump!!!!

GoT may favorite show, I just love it!!!! But that long wait till 2016 sha...

1 Like

Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by GJames(m): 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
torkaka:

Stannis is dead
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
ApexTitan:

Lol. Keeping rooting. grin

. . . . . . . . . . . .oboy I dey on episode 5 . . . . . . . . . . .you minions have killed it for me angry angry . . . . . . . . . .
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by tintingz(m): 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2015
Jon snow will be back, trust me.
The witch might be showing Jon the future.
...or
The witch will save Jon snow after the multiple stabbing.

1 Like

Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by kay9(m): 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
torkaka:

grin grin This is too funny!
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by prof800(m): 12:34am On Jun 16, 2015
**sigh**
So now who is the real Azor Ahai "reborn"..?
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by temitemi1(m): 8:59am On Jun 16, 2015
Jonsnow is gone jarey cry
tintingz:

...or

Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by temitemi1(m): 9:02am On Jun 16, 2015
Ur stupidity these days ehn undecided undecided
torkaka:

Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2015
temitemi1:
Ur stupidity these days ehn undecided undecided

. . . . . . . . .minion, with the kind of role model you have, you are not at liberty to call out another person's stupidity . . . . . . . undecided
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by JonSnow(m): 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
temitemi1:

I'm right here

2 Likes

Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by temitemi1(m): 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hehehehehe, welcome back from the dead jonsnow grin
JonSnow:

I'm right here
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
torkaka:
You've got issues Mate
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
ApexTitan:

Lol. Keeping rooting. grin
Him na Reuters
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by JonSnow(m): 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
temitemi1:
Hehehehehe, welcome back from the dead jonsnow grin

cool
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by mystiqueem(f): 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
All you scallywag ...

Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Henrodah(m): 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
Cersei's Naked body was Damn too fake...poor CGI(computer Generated Imagery) her head was shifting outta her body...lool.
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
Game of thrones really fvcked up by killing off Jon Snow's character.
A lot of their fans are really aggravated and I hope this doesn't deplete their fan base.

1 Like

Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
tintingz:

...or

I watched an interview with the producer on E! and he said Jon snow is dead and he isn't coming back.
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by tintingz(m): 8:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
misssclassy:

I watched an interview with the producer on E! and he said Jon snow is dead and he isn't coming back.
That's what they will say, to make people keep talking about "Game of Thrones".

Jon snow is coming back, he's one of the major character in Game of thrones with a lot of fans.
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by tintingz(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
temitemi1:
Jon snow is coming back.
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 21, 2015
GJames:

Stannis is dead
whatttttt!! !! angry angry

How did Stannis die

Why are the good men dying

What about the daenaryns tygarian, the mother of dragons cry
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 21, 2015
GJames:

Stannis is dead

How did Stannis die

The dwarf?
Peter Baylish
I stopped where cercei was also thrown into jail by those fanatics

Pulease bro, summarise it for me
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 21, 2015
misssclassy:

was he confirmed dead cry
Re: "Game Of Thrones" Finale Shocker!! by Dygeasy(m): 4:36am On Jun 21, 2015
Jarizod:

How did Stannis die

The dwarf?
Peter Baylish
I stopped where cercei was also thrown into jail by those fanatics

Pulease bro, summarise it for me
Stannis? Good man? Which game of thrones are you watching? That guy is at best described as a cow.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anime Fans: Naruto Uzumaki Vs Avatar Aang / Big Brother Tboss Exposes Her Breast During Interview / What Does “eat This Playlist” Mean On Spotify?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.