Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,437 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

I Laugh And I Weep: My Thoughts On Bukola Saraki - Nkenu Timothy Woma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Laugh And I Weep: My Thoughts On Bukola Saraki - Nkenu Timothy Woma (901 Views)

Governor Fayose's Prediction On Bukola Saraki Has Come To Pass. (see Screenshot) / I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi / Between South Sudan And The Hate Republic Of Biafra - Nkenu Timothy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Laugh And I Weep: My Thoughts On Bukola Saraki - Nkenu Timothy Woma by TimothyNkenu: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-SgTxgj-r8Lw/VX7XZwnDHvI/AAAAAAAAAL8/iCCkX1aXF0o/s1600/pic1.jpg[/img]

Right after the election for Senate presidency which made Bukola Saraki the Number 3 citizen of Nigeria till date, a lot of people have aired their views on Senator Saraki. The APC supporters have called him multitudes of names, 'traitor' being the topmost. Others have praised him for they feel that the election brought out the true reality of what democrazy (sorry, democracy) is about.

Let me, using this platform, also air out my view on the man and what my thoughts are about him (thank God for Freedom of Speech).

Just like on every other subject matter, I shall examine the Bukola Saraki matter from the positive angle as well as the negative perspective as regards to how this election would shape his future ambitions (if he has any, that is).

From the positive angle, he is Senate President! An influential as well as coveted position both within and outside the Senate. Given the way democrazy (I mean, democracy) operates, the legislative arm is as useful as the executive as all laws that would affect the citizenry would have to come from there.

On a personal note, my joy is that Bukola Saraki was able to beat all odds, even above party opinions and all, to contest and actually win (a round of applause for this political 'Schwarzenegger'). I have always hated the fact that party restrictions/policies have often times, prevented the at-times capable person from contesting for a position (I'm not saying that capability was the issue here, but that however, na gist for another day).

Now the negative side, is that I pity him (really, I do). Even as much as I'm not a fan of the god-fatherism that is extremely present in Nigerian politics, you do not fight the powers that be or as the elders say, 'the fingers that fed you'.

This pity of mine towards Bukola Saraki would not be present if the events that happened took place in another country where democrazy (okay, democracy) has really matured. Actually, if this happened in such a country, I would sing praises and maybe call him my hero (just for the election o! no be him personality. That sef, na gist for another day).

If Bukola does not make peace with 'the powers that be' (una sabi them) then I really pity any (future) ambition(s) he might have within the Nigerian political spheres.

Nkenu writes from

http://nkenu..com/2015/06/bukola-saraki.html
Re: I Laugh And I Weep: My Thoughts On Bukola Saraki - Nkenu Timothy Woma by TimothyNkenu: 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
cc Ishilove Jarus Firefire Berem DauraDullard Seun Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: I Laugh And I Weep: My Thoughts On Bukola Saraki - Nkenu Timothy Woma by sayyid(m): 5:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
Wen dis man bcame d senate president i dont knw weda to b happy or sad cos e govern m state kwara for eight years n now turned to godfather in kwara state bt wen u look @ d way ppl accuse im of corruption u will tink e is d worst n perhaps e is even better dan some, bt as a politician u cannot do without embezzling abi wu dey wan put 4 power and no go steal?
Bt to b candid i like d man

(1) (Reply)

Atiku And Obasajo Plan To Stop The Fuctioning Of Our Refineries. / EFCC Quizzes Etete Over Dubious $1.1 Billion Malabu Oil Deal / Boko Haram Militants Slit Throats Of 20 Villagers In Born

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.