Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,718 members, 7,837,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Fire Guts Nekede Poly . - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fire Guts Nekede Poly . (723 Views)

Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Poly Post Utme Result 2014/2015 / Federal Poly Nekede, Owerri, Admission List Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fire Guts Nekede Poly . by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 23, 2009
Fire guts Nekede poly

Fire guts Nekede poly
Written by Chidi Nkwopara
Monday, 23 February 2009

OWERRI—A building complex housing the Departments of Electrical and Building Maintenance offices at the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri, has been razed down by fire.

Vanguard investigations revealed that the fire, which consumed the entire complex, also completely destroyed electrical and building materials, equipment, furniture and valuable office documents.

According to the Deputy Registrar (Public Relations), Mr. Onyema Ubaka, “the security personnel on duty spotted the fire at about 2.30am and quickly alerted the Rector, Engr. Onyekwere Nwankwo, about the development”.

Saying that the Rector promptly contacted the Imo State Fire Service, Ubaka said that with the combined efforts of Polytechnic security personnel, students and Fire Service officers, the fire was eventually put out.

Although the cause of the fire could not be immediately ascertained, however, a staff of the school’s Works and Services Division who pleaded anonymity blamed the incident on power surge from the public power supply.

“A deafening thunder storm struck a few minutes earlier before the fire was spotted. There must have been a power surge from the public power supply. It badly hit one of the air conditioning units in the building complex, from where the fire started”, the staff said.

When contacted, the Rector said he had already visited the scene of the incident in the company of the management team of the institution to assess the extent of damage.

“All I can say for now is that the loss is extensive and obviously a setback to the school. I will inform the relevant government agencies, especially our supervising organs about the mishap. It is a sad loss indeed”, the Rector said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/29429/45/
Re: Fire Guts Nekede Poly . by ifycee: 3:08am On Oct 30, 2009
Hi, are u a Poly Nekede Student, if yes, can u send me ur phone number so we can talk. i need to find a few more information from u. send it to ifyassignment@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Educative Sites / I Need Ur Opinion / What Are Your Post-ume/de Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.