Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,185 members, 7,867,434 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:04 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap (771 Views)

BBNaija: Garba Shehu Reacts To Efe's Victory / Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics) / Governor Ganduje Speaks With Buhari On Phone (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by midolian(m): 8:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
The newly appointed Senior Special Adviser to the President for Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, spoke exclusively with SaharaTV to answer pressing questions on President Buhari’s Ministerial appointments, security, and the African Union Summit.

Members of the public and media have grown increasingly concerned about when President Buhari plans on announcing his appointments for high profile positions and Ministers in the government.

Mr. Shehu argued, however, that previous Presidential administrations and Governors have waited several months before announcing their appointments.

He also stated “[Transition Committee Chairman] Ahmed Joda was scrutinizing the handover notes that they had in the report. To be fair to him he would have hit the ground running if the government had given the handover notes.”

“The President was left in the dark” and “the Administration he succeeded did not hand their notes until after three days he took over. He had not had any time to look over them,” saying of the Jonathan Administration.

Mr. Shehu also told SaharaTV that President Buhari intends to be meticulous about his appointments, which means he needs time to exhaustively review the Transition Committee Report and handover notes.

Mr. Shehu also said that President Buhari has approached security with a “single minded nature” and has “not looked away.” He referenced the meetings held between Buhari with Chad and Niger, as well as the G7 and AU Summits where he addressed Nigeria’s security.

Responding to rumors about Vice President Osinbajo being locked out of certain security meetings, Mr. Shehu told SaharaTV that it was untrue and that during one of the meetings VP Osinbajo because “the [security] meeting took place when VP was in Sudan representing the President in the inauguration.” 

http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/15/exclusive-garba-shehu-speaks-saharatv-explains-delayed-ministerial-appointments

Video link: http://saharareporters.com/videos/president-buhari-was-not-given-chance-set-ground-running-garba-shehu
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 15, 2015
Baba go make excuse till 4 years go
I just pity all dose weh dhe believe in dis fraud of a country called naija
While dey re busy chanting "change" dat dey may not see, d likes of tinubu atiku and co re preparing for 2019, datz to tell u dat dey got no time for u

I dedicate dis ftc to our hero cum leader of opposition party on NL, in d person of barcanista, may God kip u alive and healthy to continue to defend our democracy, Amin.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by Elslim: 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2015
baba take ur time we r solidly behind u....

infact baba 90% of people shouting for ur ministerial list dont even know how n when d last dispensation announce its own cabinet... they r just shouting for shouting sake.... once d list is out they will find another topic to move on to n kip shouting.... to cut d long story short Bba, they will shout till d end of ur time in office so pls dont mind dem.

may God be with u as u navigate dis contry that is in Coma to her God ordained destination... Ameen!

Haters u know what to do sha....

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I just pity all dose weh dhe believe in dis fraud of a country called naija
While dey re busy chanting "change" dat dey may not see, d likes of tinubu atiku and co re preparing for 2019, datz to tell u dat dey got no time for u
I dedicate dis ftc to our hero cum leader of opposition party on NL, in d person of barcanista, may God kip u alive and healthy to continue to defend our democracy, Amin.
Amen and May God keep you too
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by midolian(m): 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
na ya prayer be dat na..giving excuse is still better than blameshifting.(Ya paymaster's way of ruling)

I no even know y una blood dey rush onto this Buhari cabinet matter. If hin release the list today, una go begin dey write empty articles faulting the list. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
midolian:
na ya prayer be dat na..giving excuse is still better than blameshifting.(Ya paymasters way of ruling)

I no even know y una blood dey rush onto this Buhari cabinet matter. If hin release the list today, una go begin dey write empty articles faulting the list. grin cheesy cheesy
Dis politicians are busy planning for 2019 as we speak now, dey don't give a hook abt "change", we busy shouting "change"
Make we no deceive ourselves
How I wish dey ve good intentions for us
Wad if south produces a better candidate, and north also produces d likes of atiku, will d north vote for a southerner at d expense of dem brodas, will a muslim vote for a christian at d expense of his broda?
Until we cross dat bridge, ma bro we wasting our time for nufin
Nigeria may never "change"
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by midolian(m): 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Dis politicians are busy planning for 2019 as we speak now, dey don't give a hook abt "change", we busy shouting "change"
Make we no deceive ourselves
How I wish dey ve good intentions for us
Wad if south produces a better candidate, and north also produces d likes of atiku, will d north vote for a southerner at d expense of dem brodas, will a muslim vote for a christian at d expense of his broda?
Until we cross dat bridge, ma bro we wasting our time for nufin
Nigeria may never "change"
Do you think if Buhari was from the south, the north wouldn't have voted him? You see, the 2015 voting pattern was as a result of GEJ's inefficiency in office. And it was all to Buhari's advantage. He was massively voted for because pple believe he is the only one who's got Nigeria @ heart, judging from his past administration. If Atiku was the APC presidential candidate, God sef know say I no go vote for am and I am sure many of my brodas in the north won't too.

So make I tell u bro, if the south presents a tested and trusted candidate, believe me, he ll get the vote he deserves. Abi na ghosts vote for GEJ for 2011? Even as we no too sabi GEJ, we still vote am then because of hin gentle look.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by modath(f): 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ministr
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
midolian:
Do you think if Buhari was from the south, the north wouldn't have voted him? You see, the 2015 voting pattern was as a result of GEJ's inefficiency in office. And it was all to Buhari's advantage. He was massively voted for because pple believe he is the only one who's got Nigeria @ heart, judging from his past administration. If Atiku was the APC presidential candidate, God sef know say I no go vote for am and I am sure many of my brodas in the north won't too.

So make I tell u bro, if the south presents a tested and trusted candidate, believe me, he ll get the vote he deserves. Abi na ghosts vote for GEJ for 2011? Even as we no too sabi GEJ, we still vote am then because of hin gentle look.
Bro
Try get d koko here, d north will never vote for a southerner against dem brodas
Let's wait and see how tinz work out
Nobody means well for dis country oda than we pdp supporters, even apc chairman can't boast dat he means well more dan we pdp supporters
I will remind u of dis day, wen d real evil in apc starts showing
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by midolian(m): 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Bro
Try get d koko here, d north will never vote for a southerner against dem brodas
Nobody means well for dis country oda than we pdp supporters, even apc chairman can't boast dat he means well more dan we pdp supporters
indeed cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by GOATandYAMtheory: 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
midolian:
indeed cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
D fact!
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by ZeezaRapture(m): 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Bro

(1) YES!!!!! The North wil NOT vote for a Southerner that is full of all PDP possess(impunity, criminality, jejune way of ruling, and all sorts...

(2) Really?? ? PDP means well for this country?? I see.. That's why almost all the members bought private jets while people in their local governments are suffering....... That is why we depended on only oil for the past 16yrs of PDP's misrule.

Keep crying like a baby...okay??undecided
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Garba Shehu Speaks With Saharatv, Explains Delayed Ministerial Ap by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

(1) YES!!!!! The North wil NOT vote for a Southerner that is full of all PDP possess(impunity, criminality, jejune way of ruling, and all sorts...

(2) Really?? ? PDP means well for this country?? I see.. That's why almost all the members bought private jets while people in their local governments are suffering....... That is why we depended on only oil for the past 16yrs of PDP's misrule.

Keep crying like a baby...okay??undecided
Mu mu
Tinubu got private "marwa"
Get sense bro

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Signs Up Budgit To Let Citizens Track Public Spending...unbelivable!!! / Dele Momodu's Letter To Buhari / Why Are PDP/TAN Members Saying ''this Is Not The CHANGE I Voted For''?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.