Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,966 members, 7,863,438 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:47 PM

Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians (6653 Views)

IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Others Trend On Twitter As Nigerians Express Concerns. / UK Police Spotted At Abuja House As Nigerians Prepare For All Night Protest.PICS / #PMBFailuresAt2 Trending On Twitter As Nigerians Rate President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by teufelein(f): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
zendy:

I work with whose mother is from Kwale. He has told me that there are Igbo speaking parts of Kwale and Urhobos and so on. We are only interested in the Igbo speaking parts which people generally refer to as the 'Delta-Igbos'. Wether that term is recognised or not in Delta state is not important. In the old Bendel state,they were called 'Bendelite-Igbos'. Generally, I believe that Biafra will be formed by way of referendum. The last thing the Igbos want is for anybody to say that they were forced into Biafra same way Igbos were forced into Nigeria. When the referendum comes, those in the Delta who don't support Biafra should vote to stay in Nigeria while those who want to go with Igbos are welcome. The aguement here is that everyone must be giving a voice and they must heard. If Kwale or any part of Delta-Igbo votes to stay in Nigeria, we will wish the best of luck. So you have nothing to worry about.

gbam, you capture the [size=18pt]Biafran philosophical idealised aphorism very well...no coercion![/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Xpaz: 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
BoosBae:
And u are a fool for responding 2 my post... If u can't read and comprehend get someone 2 do that for you. U wants 2 be anioma? I'm my father's daughter. My mother's tribe isn't my tribe. Maybe i should say my mum isn't IGBO before u guys get d drift and keep following my posts like a lap dog. Upid stay.
look at this id!ot.
i can't even make a meaning out of all this rubbish you wrote here.smh.
Ignored.
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Eshinwaju: 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
I support Biafra so much .......hey...it is very very very scary.....I just want yeboes to gooooooooooo..........Biafraaaaaaaaa todayyyyyu...... wink

1 Like

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by BoosBae(f): 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
Xpaz:

look at this id!ot.
i can't even make a meaning out of all this rubbish you wrote here.smh.
Ignored.
Lol, u couldn't comprehend because u're a brainless lad. keep moving kiss
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by zendy: 6:01am On Jun 17, 2015
atlwireles:

Stop talking rubbish angry angry angry angry angry I repeat stop talking rubbish

If you think I'm talkng rubbish then say why, otherwise, save your Mb.
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by zendy: 6:07am On Jun 17, 2015
BoosBae:
Okay maybe the lost souls will go with Biafra undecided

Which is the bigger fraud here? The Nigeria that was created by the white man forcing African tribes into one country against their will or the Biafra that will be created by the free choice of certain African tribes? You're the expert, answer.

1 Like

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by nonaira: 6:17am On Jun 17, 2015
superstar1:

Will you just keep your mouth shut and read up on the regions of this country.

If you claim Eastern Nigeria, what stops the North from claiming the old Northern Region and the SW claiming the old Western Region.

Asaba was under the old Western Region and it will go back to the old western region. Whether they are Igbos or Igbira is none of our business. All we want is the old order re-established.

Igbos want Eastern Region, we want western region of old and Northerners want their northern region of old too.

That is what we all want.

May tunder fire that your useless head. I rather Asaba burn to the f2king ground than join una children of Satan, children of hate.
May God and the Holy spirit fire you and continue firing you for that your evil, evil, evil wish on Asaba. May he continue firing you till you die. Ewu dika gi. Monkey.
I swear I wish I was near you, I'll punch you in that you face. Nkita ara. Mscheww aaaa. I hope you die.

1 Like

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by banku: 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
Your reaction is interesting and hilarious. Now you know how Yoruba feel about Lagos!

nonaira:

May tunder fire that your useless head. I rather Asaba burn to the f2king ground than join una children of Satan, children of hate.
May God and the Holy spirit fire you and continue firing you for that your evil, evil, evil wish on Asaba. May he continue firing you till you die. Ewu dika gi. Monkey.
I swear I wish I was near you, I'll punch you in that you face. Nkita ara. Mscheww aaaa. I hope you die.

superstar1:

Will you just keep your mouth shut and read up on the regions of this country.

If you claim Eastern Nigeria, what stops the North from claiming the old Northern Region and the SW claiming the old Western Region.

Asaba was under the old Western Region and it will go back to the old western region. Whether they are Igbos or Igbira is none of our business. All we want is the old order re-established.

Igbos want Eastern Region, we want western region of old and Northerners want their northern region of old too.

That is what we all want.
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by victor1464(m): 8:06am On Jul 18, 2015
Ndokwa mbeeneniooh! Sali nde igbo ye ni Webu nde nzuzu,anugboko!!!ifewe aso nde ukwuani!!
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by kettykin: 8:21am On Jul 18, 2015
#Igbos bring your bring back your investments
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by chic2pimp(m): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
cheruv:

There's nothing like half Igbo.. Its either you're Igbo or not. If your dad is from Anioma,then you're Igbo but if its your mum like am suspecting, then you just like dollyak are in for a looonnnng ride cheesy
This nonsense you're spitting out is what ogbemudia used to put the igbankes in the present predicament that they're.
Dollyak has realized that she's yoloba and I think its time you do so too.your mum origin can never determine yours. kiss

The Nigerian Education System has truly had it's day.

1 Like

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Dollyak(f): 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
chic2pimp:

Lol.
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by CSTR2: 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
angry angry
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Duru1(m): 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
banku:

NDI-IGBO HAVE MORE TO GAIN AS NIGERIANS

There are those of us that have never had Federal or State scholarships but are still grateful for the discipline instilled in us in primary and secondary schools. So when people say those that want Nigeria to exist as a Country are members of the looters club, they are dead wrong. We just cannot imagine our Country without Igbo or Hausa. Where do the so called minorities that have contributed more, to our existence in social and all aspect than the mega ethnics go?

The call for Igbo separation after each disappointment is usually misplaced but understandable. However the loss of breaking up Nigeria is monumental to the point of shaping the rest of the world. The amount of refugees alone will destabilize many countries, not only in Africa but in Europe and America. Worldwide repercussion is secondary, local disaster is immediate.

Religious riot in the North is a topic in itself; otherwise most Hausa are usually low-key outside the North. In the Federal Government they are willing to go alone since the days of Tafawa Balewa. It is the Southern parties that seek unions with the Northern parties. This time around, the Yoruba of the South-west have decided to form alliance with the North for the first time in the history of Nigeria. It is usually the South-east and South-south parties in union with North.

It is even doubtful how long the new union of the North and South-west is going to last. But cat calls, prediction of dooms and wishful thinking have crept up each day to create problems. Each and every move has been criticized and the union is “no longer at ease”. Even if this alliance fails, it is not going to break up Nigeria. The Hausa and Yoruba are not as keen as the Igbo to call for the breakup of the Country. Though everyone is fed up and may accept a loose union.

What does a loose union mean? It is either united group of ethnic nations or the confederation Ojukwu asked for. This is what led to the creation of more and more states to the point where everyone has their own governor, super secretaries and government workers that are now owed many months in salaries. Even worse is the discharge of workers from state positions because they are not from within the individual states.

If this is the chaos creation of states is creating, we cannot imagine the disaster creation of ethnic nations would create. In fairness, the Ndi-Igbo are not the only ones agitating for their own Country; the fever has caught the rest of the Country. It has caught fire amongst the Ijaw of South-south. They want their own Country to manage and spend the income mostly located in their backyard. Even worse, their leaders have been kicked out of power as President.

If there is anything to learn; it is that Ijaw leaders will spend oil income the same way they pocket it when they ruled Nigeria. The only habit Nigerians have in common more than anything else is the conspicuous spending and looting of the treasury. It is the way you can distinguish a Nigerian from a distance.

Unfortunately, some Igbo want to use the defeat of Ijaw leadership from federal power to recreate the Eastern bloc in the name of Biafra. It will never work. South-south is not made up of Ijaw alone. Both the Igbo and the Ijaw have allied with the North in the past to rule Nigeria and the rest of the Nigeria have never used that as a reason to break up the Country. The fact is, some minorities in the South-south have used their alliance with the North as a poison pill.

Indeed, it is only recent that ijaw has become a big minority. The fact is they are still not the main ethnic group in the South-south, the Edo are. Sometimes, present difficulties and pressing problems make us forget the past. Many have temporarily forgotten that amicable coexistence between Urhobo, Ijaw and Itshekiri was broken before Ijaw gained power. Families that have lived together for ages began killing one another: My People Are Killing My People!

Ndi-Igbo must remember that when they had less friends after the War and their properties were “abandoned”, the only place they got all their properties back, up to the present day is from Yoruba land. When they were ostracized from Federal Government after the War, their friends crying for inclusion were Yoruba. The first Government to bring them out from the cold and included them in sensitive and important federal position was Obasanjo Government.

The animosity between Yoruba and Igbo is very uncomfortable for many of us because we have never seen it at this dangerous level. Yes, we’ve always had conservatives on both sides warning us about the dangers of the other. What we see now that is so discomforting is the amount of insults thrown to one another by young people that are supposed to be more open minded than their parents. The parents are now more liberal than their children.

Some Igbo have five years plan to leave Lagos and Yoruba are fed up. The reason the Igbo have more to lose is because they have always been welcomed and well tolerated in Yoruba land. Majority of them have appreciated this accommodation and have contributed in return for the friendship by integrating well into the agbule (compounds) and families of Yoruba. The trend we see now is hostilities between Yoruba and Igbo.

I[b]t is not good for both and it may spell disaster for the Country as a whole. The union between political parties is for temporary convenience in order to rule or gain power. It never lasts as differences always show up. Shehu Shagari on why NPN and NPP alliance had to crumble: NPP kept on asking for more and more ministers and power. No position is permanent. This is not the first time that we have had political alliance in Nigeria and it will not be the last time.[/b]

Ndi-Igbo and Ndi-Yoruba must re-evaluate their relationship because the new generation is being poisoned by bad vibes between the two. It is not good for Hausa and most Nigerians.

Source: Farouk Martins Aresa
Story from The Nigerian Voice News:
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/182557/1/ndi-igbo-have-more-to-gain-as-nigerians.html

Published: Monday, June 15, 2015

The jackass named Farouk Martins Aresa is not qualified in any platform to advice Ndiigbo on issues pertaining the jungle termed Nigeria. I suggest he or she shove the gains up his/ her hole.

1 Like

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by fx45(m): 12:19am On Aug 04, 2015
Dollyak:

To me the next few years(max 8 years) will determine if Nigeria can remain as one. For now I will rather SE/SW(only region I care about) create a solid platform before asking for a secession, otherwise it will be the same status quo.
One thing is for sure, merging the northern region with the southern part has to be among the most unforgivable act ever committed by the British.
I feel your pain... Belonging to both sides of the divide. I know the dilemma you have to pass through on a daily. Be that as it may.... Biafra is not negotiable. It's just a question of time
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Cjrane2: 12:30am On Aug 04, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:
[size=17pt]Ojukwu advocated for Igbo-Yoruba politcal unity (Handshake across the Niger project), even just for the sake of surviving in Nigeria and he was rebuffed and laughed at.
It's just ironical that Yorubas are the most concerned about the Igbos leaving? But, the worst type of tit for tribalism hate exist between these two groups. I just don't get this love-hate relationship.[/size]
I quoted you to blow this comment up for the wise to see.
Unless Igbo and Yoruba stop being used against each other by hausa, they are done.
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by cheruv: 12:51am On Aug 04, 2015
chic2pimp:

Show us what you've got!
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by fx45(m): 12:53am On Aug 04, 2015
atlwireles:
Stop talking rubbish angry angry angry angry angry I repeat stop talking rubbish
Can you explain the exact rubbish he said?.... Like seriously
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by fx45(m): 1:03am On Aug 04, 2015
victor1464:
Ndokwa mbeeneniooh! Sali nde igbo ye ni Webu nde nzuzu,anugboko!!!ifewe aso nde ukwuani!!
Interesting! You just spoke a dialect of the Igbo language. I understood every word. What exactly are you people? DELTANS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra: Entrepreneurial Spirit Of Biafrans On Display During Awkuzu Rally / Before 1999 Bola Tinubu Had None Of These Properties / Igbo Union Chairman In Finland Celebrates Son's Birthday In Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.