Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,718 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Who Says Tupac Is Overated - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Says Tupac Is Overated (2617 Views)

Illuminati's Greatest Secret Revealed. Tupac Is Alive 2016 New Proof Leaked (hd) / Tupac Is Alive- Evidence N Proof / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Says Tupac Is Overated by lynesoft: 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2009
i heard mutherfucker say tupac is over hyped piece of crap, oohh, go down to the history books , he was born in a prison, wat could be worse, started selling coke and crack when he was so little , big sold crack because he wanted to be able to buy blings and ice, tupac sold it to afford three square meals.whe he was arrested whe he was 18 he was tro spoend 25 years in jail suge knight bailed him and made him sign the contract that killed him, tupac woould release two albums and not collect a dime in return, tupac did as promised thine but suge knights refused to change the deal and insted gave tupac chicken changes for his reward, b.i.g mean while did 3 demos and got signed to bad boys and was living larg thats why he mostly talks about girls,and blings, tupac never wanted to be aon deathrow but by the time he could open his eyes he was closing it, suge knight had wasted him, in the guise of the beef he had with , b.i.g, was checking the web, tupac always called big and told he he was just trying to sell records and meant no real sh***t
suge knight had decieved pac and when pac was about stand up to face him he arrange the killing, and also arrange b.i.g, cause he knew that big would appear in court and tell the court about the phone calls pac made to him,
suge knight currently owes pac abot300$ million upaid debt as at when
when pac die he was owing him abot10$ million , how on earth was he going to pay that , cant blame pac, life is a bitch you know ,
r.i.p, real life thug not like rick ross,plies,jarule and akon, thks to 50cent for flushing some of them out
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Bamsyle(m): 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2009
Retards/Tramps have been saying such an icon is overrated . . .
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Sauron1: 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2009
lynesoft:

i heard mutherfucker say tupac is over hyped piece of crap, oohh, go down to the history books , he was born in a prison, wat could be worse, started selling coke and crack when he was so little , big sold crack because he wanted to be able to buy blings and ice, tupac sold it to afford three square meals.whe he was arrested whe he was 18 he was tro spoend 25 years in jail suge knight bailed him and made him sign the contract that killed him, tupac woould release two albums and not collect a dime in return, tupac did as promised thine but suge knights refused to change the deal and insted gave tupac chicken changes for his reward, b.i.g mean while did 3 demos and got signed to bad boys and was living larg thats why he mostly talks about girls,and blings, tupac never wanted to be aon deathrow but by the time he could open his eyes he was closing it, suge knight had wasted him, in the guise of the beef he had with , b.i.g, was checking the web, tupac always called big and told he he was just trying to sell records and meant no real sh***t
suge knight had decieved pac and when pac was about stand up to face him he arrange the killing, and also arrange b.i.g, cause he knew that big would appear in court and tell the court about the phone calls pac made to him,
suge knight currently owes pac abot300$ million upaid debt as at when
when pac die he was owing him abot10$ million , how on earth was he going to pay that , cant blame pac, life is a bitch you know ,
r.i.p, real life thug not like rick ross,plies,jarule and akon, thks to 50cent for flushing some of them out

2Pac is the most overrated rapper in the Hip-Hop industry. . . . . .Fact!! But it is not his fault he is overrated.
Mind you, overrated doesn't mean he is poor or crap. . . . . .It means he got more credits than he deserved.
If i am 90% efficient and people say i am 100%(I am overrated) but 80% is still an excellent grade, geddit??
I would take all the BIGs(Biggie n Big L) before 2Pac.
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by bgees(m): 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2009
tupac was everything every rapper out there wants to be - a true gangster and a great lyricist. so tupac is not overrated. infact biggie is .

1 Like

Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Bamsyle(m): 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2009
True talk b-gees though I tend to see it from the lyricist angle. Pac was a great dude. He rapped his heart out. You could feel the sincerity, the realness in his lyrics. Very down-to-earth when spittin' his verses. A fearless soldier.

Humans are insatiable . . . they get tired of things being in a particular state for so long so they kick up all sorts of rubbish just to change the status quo. Atimes they just want to hold an unpopular view in order to be regarded as being strong or havin' a mind of they own. Atimes they also seek attention (maybe they were deprived in their childhood cheesy) That's why these 'Pac-is-overrated' conspiracy theorists decided that they'd had enough . . .

Pac is highly regarded in the Rap Community . . . and deservedly so . . . I still remember some MTV prog sometime ago . . . in memory of 2pac . . . peops kept pouring encomiums . . . from rappers like Rakim to 50 Cent, to Snoop, etc . . . to R 'n' B acts like MJB, Mariah, Alicia Keys, etc. In fact, I still 'member Alicia said sumn like "I don't care who or what any rapper is now or will ever be . . . Pac remains the G.O.A.T . . ."

A warrior, a true activist, a social crusader. His lyrics are deep and meaningful . . . not some high-sounding crap that we get to hear from some artistes. He always said what he meant . . . and meant what he said . . . his lyrics are not only from his head but also from his heart. His lyrics made impact . . .

Pac can never be overrated. Only an slowpoke would say he is . . . fact is the moment you think you've had enough of him, he suddenly comes from a deeper angle . . .

How many rappers can repeatedly rhyme the words "memories/enemies", "drug dealer/thug nigga" without soundin' boring
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by bgees(m): 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2009
not to talk of his age.

the weight,intelligence and gravity of his words and lyrics at that age. remember he died at the age of 26. how many 18 or 20 yr olds can rap like that.
tupac was a man.
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Bamsyle(m): 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2009
@b-gees

You deserve a golden e-handshake . . . across the miles . . . grin

He was actually 25 when he died. Imagine. At that age he had achieved feats that oldies like Canibus would never achieve till they die. He's up with 'em Music Greats like Bob Marley, Fela Kuti and all those legends in other music genres.

Such a youngster with the wise words of a centenarian . . . his intelligence, his energy, his legacy . . .

A legacy so awesome that today, peops ask rap aspirants - "You think you can rap, ok, can you rap more than 2pac"?

More than half of the world can't be wrong on an issue . . . vox populi, vox Deus . . .

I mean, when you think about Rap Music, whose name immediately pops up in yo' mind
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by superstan(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2009
this topic has been flogged.

i remember someone made a topic on this a year ago.

RIP 2Pac, The Most Overrated Rapper in History

Well, folks, it's been a little over ten years since a pretty New York theater kid who reinvented himself as the ultimate West Coast thug solidified his iconic status by dying beautiful and young. Like seemingly everyone with a serious passion for hip hop I love 2Pac. But at the risk of speaking ill of the dead I also feel the need to point out that, with the possible exception of Eminem, 2Pac is the single most overrated rapper in history.

2Pac reigns unchallenged as rap's preeminent martyr, easily beating friend-turned-rival Notorious B.I.G, an infinitely better rapper and writer but a far less irresistible icon. Like most icons 2Pac's appeal is inextricably linked to his mutability. 2Pac was everything to everyone. Wildly antithetical groups and demographics could each claim him as their own. To teenage girls he was the fantasy boyfriend whose thug-life exterior hid the sensitive soul of a guy who grooved to the cornball drama of Don McLean's "Vincent" and filled spiral notebooks full of earnest poetry.

To feminists willing to look past the often virulent misogyny of his lyrics he was one of rap's few strongly pro-choice voices and the creator of uplifting pro-women anthems like "Keep Your Head Up" and "Dear Mama"

To backpackers and black nationalists he embodied in his tattooed and sculpted body and often pot and liquored-addled mind the lost promise of the Black Panthers and rapped eloquently about politics and the everyday struggle.

To gangstas, aspiring, studio, fake and otherwise, he was the realest thug around, an O.G who died living the dangerous life he rapped about. As is far too often the case in hip hop his violent death was seen as proof of his authenticity, not a grim sign that his life and ethos had spiraled dangerously out of control.

2Pac made some great music but he often seemed less interested in making great songs than in simply making lots of songs. He pioneered the quantity-over-quality sensibility that still functions as a malignant tumor decimating rap from inside. Even before his death his albums were loaded with filler and horrifically bloated. And though it's tempting to imagine what a 2Pac album produced entirely by Dr. Dre might sound like, 2Pac couldn't stand Dre and never would have tolerated Dre's perfectionism and impossibly high standards. So instead of working with the good doctor himself 2Pac settled for an endless parade of generic Dr. Dre soundalikes only too happy to crank out beats by the pound.

2Pac was capable of greatness but his work was hindered consistently by cheap sentimentality and even cheaper narcissism. He plagiarized himself to an almost comic extent, working endless variations on only a few stock themes. His adolescent glorification of gang life and facile thug fatalism both left permanent stains on an art form that still cranks out wack 2Pac wannabes at an alarming rate.

But then 2Pac's martyrdom and strange afterlife have a lot less to do with his inconsistent, repetitive and clichéd creative output than with his personal magnetism, physical beauty and early death.

Unlike so many of his peers 2Pac will never grow old or get fat. He'll never see his street credibility wane after starring in a UPN sitcom about an aspiring musician saddled with three wisecracking kids. He'll never embarrass himself by picking up a quick paycheck in Soul Plane 2. No, he'll live on forever as a beautiful young man whose potential had barely been tapped. People mourn the 2Pac that might have been as much as the imperfect creature who spent a mere twenty-five years on planet earth.

Ten years on we're still wrestling with 2Pac's formidable, contradictory legacy but the halo of perfection we give our dead heroes as a parting gift does a disservice to the lives they led and the music they made
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by superstan(m): 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2009
He was a mediocre rapper.

His reputation far exceeds his actual skills. He was way worse than Biggie Smalls. He was even worse than MC Eiht, you West Coast partisans.

He was a fantastic hypocrite.

Dear Mama, respect women, blah blah blah. Then, on the other hand, mess the world! Some people have enough artistic skill to pull this off as the mere wrestling of the angels and demons that live within us all. Tupac didn't, so he just sounded like he was lying.

He was a thug by choice.

Thug Life, yea, rah rah. Tupac went to art school. He was a born actor. He started out as a happy-go-lucky backup dancer for Digital "Humpty Dance" Underground. He certainly ended up as a thug, but it's not like it was his destiny.

The whole Tupac fetish thing.

This is really the problem with Tupac. He got murdered as a young man with a lot of selling power left in him. That caused people with an interest in his career to love-vendor out his legacy to an insane extent in search of sales. Tupac, like many of us, was a bleeped up guy. But he was no great artist, and he was no great role model.

You know what his legacy has been, ultimately? White kids shouting "Thug Life!" out of their SUV windows. Which is what has led to the slow decline of hip hop music in general. Which was the most important new form of music America has seen in the last 30 years. Tupac was okay. The mythology of Tupac is ridiculous. And the aftermath of Tupac has done more to hurt the music he loved than MC Hammer ever did. Many other people in music have sucked more than Tupac; but nobody else in recent memory has had such a detrimental legacy.

http://gawker.com/5045453/tupac-was-overrated-sorry
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Bamsyle(m): 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2009
Oh . . . so this is the dilly yo . . .

Well . . . here we go . . .

Theres nothing overrated about 2pac, maybe theres some underratings about just how much love and care and adulation he had for his people, which is unmatched by any black celebrity - Pac had homeless people living in his mansion for Godsake! He backed up his earlier criticisms of the president having a huge white house and so many needy homeless individuals only steps away right there in Washington. He died trying to workout an outline for black men and women young and old (esp young), this makes his death feel like the end of all hope for the blacks without a voice… the rappers today dont care about anyone, except themselves - they could care less who dies, who got shot 50x on their wedding day by the cops, most of these hip-hoppers dont stand for shit now a days (minus nas talib, david banner, krs, and a short few more). PAC COULD NEVER BE OVER-RATED!!!

Musically, he was the lyricaly eqivalent of nitroglycerin - so powerful, so sharp and so confident in what he was saying…somtime he could be quite funny too.When you speak of greatness, ITS NOT MEASURED BY HOW FAST YOU RAP OR HOW MANY STUPID-ASS METAPHORS YOU CAN FIT IN THE BARS OF ONE VERSE… its appeal, its intelligence, creativety, output, longevity, originality - 2pac was literally a once-in-a-lifetime, how many artistes sound the exact same especially New York area?? MANY. Now, who have you EVER heard sound like tupac? ABSOLUTELY NO ONE…dont say he’s overrated, its not his fault he was blessed with a once-in-a-lifetime voice that makes everyone elses seem irrelevant or less-relevant! That posthumous material everyones bitching about was some of the greatest stuff in hip-hop in the last 12 yrs Makaveli was the first posthumous releas btw! Still I Rise, Until The End Of Time, Better Days are all great!!! . . . tupac was more special than he could ever be overratted!!! You gotta sell millions before they even mention you if you're black . . . ! It never ceases to amaze me, these people who dont understand hip hop, dont like hip hop, and dont even know how to listen to hip-hop saying whats good and whats not!

Name a man in rap most sincere, more enduring, more surgical, or mor exciting than Tupac Shakur? Nas, love him, but now, Biggie…shallow material, great, but blend in with everyone lyrically, krs, no, eminem? Pleazee!, Jigga, nope, kool g rap? hell nah, Cube, snoop, twista, Az, andre 3000, redman, wu tang click, no nooon no… if you're the better than everyone and people acknowlege that, than you're not overrated. RIP PAC.

www.tvoneblogs.com/thespin/2008/09/is-tupac-overrated/+Tupac+not+overrated&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=ng">http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:8t3YJmj7y_MJ:www.tvoneblogs.com/thespin/2008/09/is-tupac-overrated/+Tupac+not+overrated&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=ng
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Bamsyle(m): 5:05pm On Feb 23, 2009
I love the last two sentences most . . . Pac is not overrated . . . he's not appreciated enough . . .

. . . we as black people . . . should not stand for this foolishness . . . not when any deceased white star gets exaggerated far behind their talents took them… (Heath Ledger), Elvis, who they themselves had thrown away up until his untimely passing . . . Pac was indeed number one before his death and beyond.

. . . in history, blacks arent usually overrated, because they have to really be as good as the credit that comes to them. This may be subjective, but its quite frankly, “the gospel”.

End this looney debate about Pac's greatness being “exaggerated”!! HE DESERVES ALL THE RECOGNITION HE GETS!

Whats over-rated is the way “people” walk around with they chest out with pride for the so-called civil history of America in comparison to other countries - “what poor memories we have”. I get tired of “people” giving our founding fathers undue praise . . . what the mess good did they ever do in the interest of people outside those exactly the same as them!

Look check this out. Pac was one of the greatest and to say he’s “overrated” is something that shouldn’t come out of no one’s mouth. I think he’s unappreciated now. u can’t compaire his music to today’s music because the style of rap is different. We got so many rappers out here that are garbage and don’t have nothing to talk about. Not all just some. See, like with today’s Chamillionaire, UGK, Z-Ro, Trae (just to name a few) are like Pac, they had a story to tell. You really don’t hear music like that no more. So, unappreciated is my vote. Makaveli lives on.

www.tvoneblogs.com/thespin/2008/09/is-tupac-overrated/+Tupac+not+overrated&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=ng">http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:8t3YJmj7y_MJ:www.tvoneblogs.com/thespin/2008/09/is-tupac-overrated/+Tupac+not+overrated&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=ng
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Bamsyle(m): 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2009
Some camels would say he's overrated cos in their idleness, they always look at thangs from the "thug life/gangsta" point of view. Pac was no gangsta. His T.H.U.G. L.I.F.E. was a simple acronym for "The Hate U Give Little Infants F**ks Everybody" . . .

Hear him:

"Let me say for the record, I am not a gangster and never have been. I'm not the thief who grabs your purse. I'm not the guy who jacks your car. I'm not down with the people who steal and hurt others. I'm just a brother who fights back".

That aside, put his lyrics in proper perspective . . . he ain't yo' average MC . . . he cared more about content/message than all those stupid metas, *that really ain't metas* wordplay, bla bla bla - jargons. He says sturvs as they are . . . from his heart . . .

You wouldn't really understand him until you start seeing him beyond being a rapper or an MC . . . cos I know when the word 'rapper' or 'MC' is mentioned, y'all be thinkin' metas, multies, bla bla bla . . . He wasn't just a rapper. He was a poet, an activist, a soldier, a leader, an intelligent man - all rolled in one . . .

In terms of powerful words, I don't see any difference between Pac and Martin Luther King, Malcolm X et al. Only difference is he used music as his medium of expression.

His depth was revealed in his lyrics . . . and his words . . . Hear him again:

"My music is not for everyone. It's only for the strong-willed, the [street] soldiers music. It's not like party music- I mean, you could gig to it, but it's spiritual. My music is spiritual. It's like Negro spirituals, except for the fact that I'm not saying 'We shall Overcome.' I'm saying that we are overcome"

If you can't tolerate his depth, skip and move over to 'em pop rappers . . .

For a rapper who died more than a decade ago to still remain so active in people's minds today . . . he must be a force . . .  I wonder when these "Pac-Is-Overrated-Theorists" would start saying the same overrated ish 'bout dudes like Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Elvis Presley, Sam Cooke, John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe, Jerry Garcia, Frank Sinatra, and Jimi Hendrix . . .

"Overrated" my foot.
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by superstan(m): 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2009
Direct link: http://nhhopinions..com/2007/04/2pac-is-most-over-rated-rapper-of-all.html

You know what? I keep having this argument with ppl. I won't go as far as to say Pac didn't release great albums but the whole thug image that made Pac have all that following was fake as hell.

Fact: Pac didn't sell drugs cuz he wasn't good at it. The drug dealers, his friends, told him not to sell anymore because he wasn't good at it and stick to music and that they'll give him any support he needs in that area.

[b]Fact:[/b]As mentioned in the blog he was in a school of performing arts. I'm not an advocate for rappers being gangsta or not being able to speak english, in fact I'm against it, but when you come out with your middle finger in the air, shouting in court, and acting for the camera, then you're trying to portray a certain image.

Fact:[/b]Another thing I tell ppl is that after "hit 'em up" when he was saying he screwed Faith Evans, biggie went up to him backstage at an awards show and confronted him and asked what all the bullshit was about, tupac's reply was,  "Its just business". Whenever I tell ppl that, they start making noise that its not possible Biggie went up to pac like he's some sort of Godfather. The way biggie handled it is the way grown men handle beef and not in some studio a thousand or so miles away making noise (thats a cowardly act, not gangsta lets not get it twisted).

[b]Fact:[/b]Biggie on the other hand, was the one with the sort of gangasta past, he sold drugs and held his corner well, nobody could mess with him there but just because he was rapping about Versace and dancing with puffy ppl thought he was soft.

[b]Fact:
Tupac only started getting into trouble after he became a star when he joined deathrow, his first offence was jaywalking (thats when u cross a road without regards to traffic statutes). He went to jail for assault and he didn't like it (no normal human being sould love jail anyways) but he gets out and fools everybody like he's gangsta for being shot and going to jail.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-50960.0.html
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by smurf1(f): 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2009
I see there's much hype about Tu pac all of a sudden today, oh well, hes the greatest rapper that ever roamend the surface of Gods green EARTH, and thats final! wink cool
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Sauron1: 6:07pm On Feb 23, 2009
~smurf:

I see there's much hype about Tu pac all of a sudden today, oh well, hes the greatest rapper that ever roamend the surface of Gods green EARTH, and thats final! wink cool

U listen to 2Pac?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Bamsyle(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2009
When will peops stop believing all they read, hear and see on the internet and have a mind of their own? When will they learn to analyse things and come up with their own convictions

A man's real life is different from his life as portrayed by the media. Well, it's impossible to change a mindset that's fixated on sumn in a myopic way . . . I remember Eminem rapped in "Renegade" - ". . . it's a matter of taste, we as a people decide if Shady is bad as they say he is . . .". . . Y'all are free to decide Pac was as bad as they say he was . . .

Well . . . here we go again . . .

I received an article from Tionna of Talk that Ish and I was just appalled at what I read. Blender Magazine put together a list of overrated celebrities and Tupac was one of them. The list was supposed to be tongue in cheek, but funny or not, to me, it was done in poor taste.

Now what if I, or a hip hop magazine, wrote something like, “Elvis was just a fat azz junkie” or “Kurt Cobain is so overrated”? Wait, let me take it up a notch and say something bad about John Lennon. Maybe talk about Marilyn Monroe. You get the idea. The media and the comments would be through the roof because to them, they were geniuses. Icons. But what about Tupac? Aside from the guns and violence and the “Thug Life” tattoo that was inked on his abdomen resembling the life he chose to lead, was he not conveying a message in his songs and/or in his interviews? Was he not considered “intelligent” to most? I guess Blender overlooked that and focused on the fact that a dead guy outsells most of the musicians that are alive . . .

It’s not the first time the pages of Blender have been used to bring down Shakur a few notches. In its June issue, rapper Lil Wayne listed him among his top five rappers, but then admitted: “I can’t front: I was never into Pac.” (source)

Tionna has put in her two cents as well:

“Not only is it racist but it’s a disrespect to the dead and it’s a terrible attempt to stir up some drama. Don’t get mad because Tupac has statues and classes in his honor- so what? Even a fictional character like “Rocky” had a statue. This is just horrible and I think Blender will receive plenty of calls and letters regarding this Tupac-gate and I feel that it’s up to us Journalist, Bloggers, Music Execs and such to debate this. Man, was Kurt Kobain not available when this list was made? If we allow this company to say this about Tupac, what’s going to happen next? Run DMC was the worse group ever or James Brown was not a legend. Let’s not stand for this because white media stick up for their own (I.E. Britney Spears performing at the VMAs once again after she tanked the first time). Man, speak on it! We can’t allow our boy Tupac to go out like that. That’s crazy!”

In about 9 days (September 13th) it will be 12 years since 2Pac has left us. And this is what Blender magazine does. Shame on the mess. Can we please just let the man rest in peace and not have some magazine like Blender tarnish his legacy?

http://www.zimbio.com/Tupac+Shakur/articles/56/2Pac+is+overrated+Really+now

Smurf, howdy? Take my e-handshake for speakin' the truth . . . wink
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by smurf1(f): 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

U listen to 2Pac?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

My Doooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, how have you been? tongue wink
Missed you so much too, need to pop in to pay homage more often, and i bring u greetings as well from *Coughs*  hehehehe grin grin grin
Yes Sir, i listen to Tu Pac, hes a role model for some of the best rappers in the Game tody, i say we have him to thank for paving the way, and wiff the powerful path he created i say Hip hip will never die!!  cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Sauron1: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2009
~smurf:

My Doooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, how have you been? tongue wink
Missed you so much too, need to pop in to pay homage more often, and i bring u greetings as well from *Coughs*  hehehehe grin grin grin

Greetings from *Coughs*?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
I hope you have not been making prickish moves. cheesy

Yes Sir, i listen to Tu Pac, hes a role model for some of the best rappers in the Game today, i say we have him to thank for paving the way, and wiff the powerful path he created i say Hip hip will never die!!  cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Without a doubt, 2Pac was an icon.
He was superb in what he believed in but like all the artistes that passed away prematurely, he was a bit overhyped.
Emphasis on "a bit".
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by smurf1(f): 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2009
Bamsyle:

Smurf, howdy? Take my e-handshake for speakin' the truth . . . wink
Oh wow!!
Well hello to you too, *Gives him a handshake as well* grin grin grin
I speak the truth, and the Gospel truth alone, its what i feel, and its what it is as well!! cool

~Sauron~:

Greetings from *Coughs*?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
I hope you have not been making prickish moves. cheesy

Prickish moves? grin grin grin
Naahh, that isnt my style and you know it too, been quite busy though, and i'm for real about what i said oh!! wink tongue

~Sauron~:

Without a doubt, 2Pac was an icon.
He was superb in what he believed in but like all the artistes that passed away prematurely, he was a bit overhyped.
Emphasis on "a bit".

You gat it right to the "T", couldnt have said it better myself, wish he were still alive today though! cry cry cry
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Bamsyle(m): 6:31pm On Feb 23, 2009
It's high time we stopped lookin' at artistes like they're some form of demi-god. They're ordinary humans like you and me. They're like your neighbour next door . . . we only hold 'em in such awe cos they discovered their gift and used it to shake the world and move units . . .

Pac, like some other great artistes (dead or living) lived a normal life like you're livin' . . . he only got mystified by the people, the media, and all-what-not . . .

Pac did not overrate himself . . . if a man speaks 1 thousand words and a mass of hysteria-stricken peops say he spoke 1 million, should the man be blamed
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Bamsyle(m): 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2009
~smurf:

Oh wow!!
Well hello to you too, *Gives him a handshake as well* grin grin grin
I speak the truth, and the Gospel truth alone, its what i feel, and its what it is as well!! cool

If it's allowed and you decide to become the Pope tomorrow, quote me I'll stake my life to see that dream come true . . . grin

With your type, Femi Kuti will rewrite "Truth Don Die" and call it "Truth Don Wake" . . .

If "Truth" was a human, he'll marry you . . . wink
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by smurf1(f): 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2009
Aww, shucks!!!, you far too kind, generous words too, I will take that as a compliment Monsieur, thank you , I'm humbled!! wink cheesy
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Sauron1: 6:49pm On Feb 23, 2009
~smurf:

Prickish moves? grin grin grin
Naahh, that isnt my style and you know it too, been quite busy though, and i'm for real about what i said oh!! wink tongue

I can't see the signs yet. grin grin

You gat it right to the "T", couldnt have said it better myself, wish he were still alive today though! cry cry cry

The good die young!!
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by chamotex(m): 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2009
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Bamsyle(m): 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2009
~smurf:

Aww, shucks!!!, you far too kind, generous words too, I will take that as a compliment Monsieur, thank you , I'm humbled!! wink cheesy

You're most welcome . . . wink
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by chiogo(f): 1:46am On Feb 24, 2009
He is definitely not over-rated!!

He is definitely the best rapper who ever lived!!

And yeah, Bamsyle, thanks for pointing out that T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E acronym

He was definitely misunderstood by many who say he's over-rated!

Oh yeah, NIGGA= Never Ignorant About Getting Goals Accomplished - Tupac

Tupac is(was) the truth!! tongue tongue Y'all don't make me come back here.
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by A40(m): 3:57am On Feb 24, 2009
Anyone that calls a rapper that made songs like Changes,Dear Mama,Still i Rise,Brenda's got a baby,Till the end of time,I ain't mad at cha,I wonder if heaven's got a ghetto over-rated should be SHOT!! Nuff said
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by bgees(m): 9:32am On Feb 24, 2009
Now lets look at it from d gangster angle,since his business was gangster rap.

Tupac once shot at cops for beating up a fellow black man.

He was faced with a gun and about to be robbed of his chain,but he still tried to punch his assailants to try to get his gold chain back. Thats what happened when he was shot 5 times. He also left the hospital 2 days later!

After the shooting that led to his death. Close sources said Tupac actually stood on his two feet in hospital elevator.

His left lung was in a mess so it had to be removed. Tupac lived with just one lung and he died six days later.

These make me say tupac was real and he is d epitome of a true gangster rapper.

I am doing this because the issue of his lyrical prowess is already won.

Guys like him only exist on the T.V screen.
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Sauron1: 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2009
@ bgees,

Come on. . . . . .People get shot at everytime in em ghettos.
How many times was Fiddy shot?? He took one in his jaw for crying out loud.
Does that necessarily make him a true O.G.??

What about Marion "Suge" Knight that has never been shot at but yet is well respected by any gangstar in the States.
The gangstar angle does not really cut it for 2Pac.
He became a thug after becoming a celebrity.
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by bgees(m): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2009
tupac was not fake and he is not overrated as a rapper. he was gang - affiliated like most west coast rappers we wouldn't be having this arguement.
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by A40(m): 1:13am On Feb 25, 2009
I want someone to show me one rapper that has lived out his rhymes like 2pac.He didn't just talk about it he was about it

bgees:

Now lets look at it from d gangster angle,since his business was gangster rap.

Tupac once shot at cops for beating up a fellow black man.

He was faced with a gun and about to be robbed of his chain,but he still tried to punch his assailants to try to get his gold chain back. Thats what happened when he was shot 5 times. He also left the hospital 2 days later!

After the shooting that led to his death. Close sources said Tupac actually stood on his two feet in hospital elevator.

His left lung was in a mess so it had to be removed. Tupac lived with just one lung and he died six days later.

These make me say tupac was real and he is d epitome of a true gangster rapper.

I am doing this because the issue of his lyrical prowess is already won.

Guys like him only exist on the T.V screen.

That's the CLOSER!!
Re: Who Says Tupac Is Overated by Moonstone(f): 1:33am On Feb 25, 2009
Bamsyle:

Pac did not overrate himself . . . if a man speaks 1 thousand words and a mass of hysteria-stricken peops say he spoke 1 million, should the man be blamed
Thank you!

A-40:

Anyone that calls a rapper that made songs like Changes,Dear Mama,Still i Rise,Brenda's got a baby,Till the end of time,I ain't mad at cha,I wonder if heaven's got a ghetto over-rated should be SHOT!! Nuff said
I don't even know what else to say after this but you are right, 'Nuff said.

Oh my heart! Why do people keep saying these things? How can Tupac be overrated? That guy said more in a verse than most rappers could dream of putting in an album. I love 'Hit 'em up' and 'Me against the World' as well as 'Changes'? Please. . . that guy is a legend and deserves more respect that most people give him.

Oh my gosh, Is it 'So many tears'?

How do people listen to these songs and say that he's overrated? 

I'm so over this. Anyone who thinks Tupac is overrated must have a very sad taste in rap music.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD: Distruction Boyz – Madness / Download Nigeria And Foreign Music Here / Direct Download Ariana Grande Dangerous Woman Album 2016#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.