Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? (4150 Views)

Official Nintendo Wii Softmod Thread / Difference Between Xbox,xbox 360 And Ps3 / Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by squad1: 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2009
Please, which one should i buy and does anybody have the idea how much they are sold now?
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by malikalhaj: 11:53am On Feb 25, 2009
r u serious? ps2? pls take d 360, if u dey 9ja
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by lexyman(m): 7:21pm On Mar 05, 2009
WOTS YOUR BUDGET LIKE?PS2 IS FAR CHEAPER THAN XBOX 360 AND NINTENDO WII. U CAN LET ME KNW , I CAN ADVISE YOU
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by Badriyyah(f): 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2009
lol, PS2?? It still has a lot of good games so it won't be bad.

WII: Isn't bad but more of a family console

360 might be your best bit. Although I hate this piece of crap.lol
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by rite2salas(m): 7:17am On Mar 08, 2009
[size=16pt]Go for XBOX 360[/size]
it has better graphics than PS 2
WII is for babies and toddlers angry
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by FBS: 10:13am On Mar 16, 2009
How much money you wanna blow on it?
PS2 will be the cheapest and its got loads of games.
But an XBOX 360 Arcade may not also be bad. not very expensive, lots of games and got all the features you need.

hope this helps.
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by ndividual: 4:24pm On Mar 16, 2009
@ Squad1:

Whatever you do, if you go for a 360, do yourself the favour of going for a PAL system. I made the mistake of going for NTSC and now I'm scouring the whole of lagos for recent titles for my system. PAL is more readily available at Silverbird and Shoprite, without you having to set sail to computer village or alaba market. Better still, you get a power supply that matches ours.
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by KazuyaM(m): 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2009
[size=13pt]If you are an idiot you will buy Nintendo Wii. It doesnt deserve to be put amongst ps3 and xbox 360 as a next generation console![/size]
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 21, 2009
Remember to tell him the pros and cons of each consoles not just point out which to buy. If you can lay your hands on a wii, go for it cause it hardly breaks. I wouldn't want to buy a PS2 if I were you cause it's pretty much old now and I'm sure if you try some games on the 360, you won't want to play PS2 again except for some titles. If you can get your hands on a PS3, welcome to heaven!!!
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by malikalhaj: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2009
ndividual:

@ Squad1:

Whatever you do, if you go for a 360, do yourself the favour of going for a PAL system. I made the mistake of going for NTSC and now I'm scouring the whole of lagos for recent titles for my system. PAL is more readily available at Silverbird and Shoprite, without you having to set sail to computer village or alaba market. Better still, you get a power supply that matches ours.

i guess it's just where u buy ur games 4rm, where i get my games 4rm is quite cheap and there are lots of recent tiltles and all NTSC u/c, i can hook u up with the guy if u r interested let me no, u got to reside in Lagos
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by samosward(m): 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2009
Hi GUYS, I don't know if we can do game exchange on PS3, I have fifa 09 for an exchange for PES 09 and NBA 08 or Fifa 08 for an for GTA 4. You can call me on 07065297939 or 08024624909, lest I forget, am Osward
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by bisotec(m): 8:04am On Apr 04, 2009
If u need a used xbox 360, i can sell u one. I has 2 wireless controller with wires as well. It contains all d accessories dat came with mic
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by ndividual: 10:24pm On Apr 04, 2009
malikalhaj:

i guess it's just where u buy ur games 4rm, where i get my games 4rm is quite cheap and there are lots of recent tiltles and all NTSC u/c, i can hook u up with the guy if u r interested let me no, u got to reside in Lagos

Ok - I've tried all options so let's see how you do. I reside in lagos - mainland. Hit me at ademaster. [at] . yahoo.com. Let's see if you can stop me from selling my piece wink
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by dejavus: 8:21pm On Apr 13, 2009
PS3:

Pros:

You dont have to buy every accessories has an extra eg wireless adapter etc

Lower percent failure rate

Uses Blu Ray technology

Better at Upscaling DVD to High Definition

Support Divx, avi etc direct from the usb port.

More worth it in the long run

Quieter than the Xbox 360

Has a higher capacity disc format that developers can take advantage of

Will eventually surpass the Xbox 360 and wii for first place

Cheaper than the 360 in the long run

Will have more games, and more exclusives than the 360

You don't have to keep replacing batteries for the controller like the Xbox 360

Has game exclusives such as, the Socom series, Metal gear solid 4, Killzone 2, Gran turismo 5, War hawk

Higher build quality than that of the Xbox 360

Built in power supply unit

Non proprietary hard drive that can be upgraded by the user to higher capacity's than 120 GB's

Any off of the shelf laptop hard drive that is a certain format, can be used with the PS3

Has a internet browser

Game voice chat

Will surpass the Xbox 360 in graphic power when developers take full advantage of the system

PS1 games can be purchased on the playstation store, along side other games

Full PS3 games can be purchased on the play station store

Free online, that will only get better over time

Can support up to more than two people in and out of game voice chat

Cons:

Playstation network not as good as Xbox live, as of now

May stop reading discs

May have a glitch that renders the system useless

Xbox 360:

Pros:

More games out at the moment

Better online

Cross game voice chat

Open mic system

Most shooters are better on the console

Exclusive games such as Halo 3, Gears of war, Fable

Most multi platform games are better on the system

Reporting system in Xbox Live

More downloadable games on Xbox Live

Rentable movies available on Xbox Live market place

Easy to remove hard drive

Can use a point system to purchase things from the Xbox market place

Cons:

High failure rate

Suffers from "Red ring of death"

Scratches discs

Proprietary hard drive, offered only in 20 and 120 GB's

Cant upgrade hard drive beyond 120 GB

It seems the hard drive could eventually die

It seems the system's DVD drive tray could eventually jam

Stops reading discs eventually

Can't take a off of the shelf laptop hard drive and use it with the system, due to way the system is designed

Noisy cooling fans

Power supply unit is not in the system, it is out side of the unit connected to the power cord

Power supply unit is large and bulky and may cause problems with the system if not properly taken care of

Uses outdated DVD format

Still have to pay for Xbox live to play online

Can only have two people in out of game voice chat

PS3 All the way.
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by vowiski(m): 11:34pm On Apr 13, 2009
PS3

Cons:

Playstation network not as good as Xbox live, as of now
Really? but it's free.

May stop reading discs

Disregard;

May have a glitch that renders the system useless

unassuming.

PS3 has a 5% failure rate compared to the 360 33% failure rate
[/quote]

[quote]Xbox 360:

Pros:

More games out at the moment
Most 360's exclusive games are availabe on PC,  so no problem,

Better online
uhmm, sighs, PS3 MAG, 250 PLAYERS AT ONCE., .

Most shooters are better on the console
Killzone 2

Exclusive games such as Halo 3, Gears of war, Fable

PS3 EXCLUSIVE games such as METAL GEAR SOLD 4, RESISTANCE 2, LITTLE BIG PLANET, KILLZONE 2, Uncanted, GT5 prologue, etc ,later this year> MAG, HEAVY RAIN, GOD OF WAR 3, INFAMOUS, QUANTUM THEORY, GT5, UNCHANTED 2, SYPHON FILTERS 5, more, ?

Most multi platform games are better on the system
that was before,  now that the 360 is maxed out already, any hope?

Easy to remove hard drive
Dumb!

Cons:

High failure rate
YES!

Suffers from "Red ring of death
YES! YES! rrod.

Scratches discs
YES!

Proprietary hard drive, offered only in 20 and 120 GB's
YES!

Cant upgrade hard drive beyond 120 GB
YES!

It seems the hard drive could eventually die
YES!

It seems the system's DVD drive tray could eventually jam
YES!

Stops reading discs eventually
YES!

Can't take a off of the shelf laptop hard drive and use it with the system, due to way the system is designed
YES!  because it's Proprietary as you said earlier. continue,

Noisy cooling fans
YES!

Power supply unit is not in the system, it is out side of the unit connected to the power cord
YES!

Power supply unit is large and bulky and may cause problems with the system if not properly taken care of
YES!

Uses outdated DVD format
YES! making it fast becommig obsolet, IMAGINE a prompt. insert disc 3 ,,

Still have to pay for Xbox live to play online
YES!

Can only have two people in out of game voice chat
YES!

PS3 All the way.
YES!
value for money,
all in one box
the most powerfull gaming maching man ever made.
Re: Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? by bighead1(m): 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2009
hhh

(1) (Reply)

Best Mini Militia Player In Nigeria And Africa / Sorry, Nigerians - Xbox One Will Not Be Playable In Nigeria At Launch / How To Get Free Roblox Accounts With Robux That Work 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.