Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias (37062 Views)

FG Cancels NPA Contract With Intels, Atiku's Company / Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG / FG Cancels NIMASA University Project, Seeks Payment Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by Purereal(m): 8:04am On Jun 16, 2015
they worked and should be paid

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by ROCKHARDDK(m): 8:06am On Jun 16, 2015
Seriously bored with life without money? What if what you previously had heard and not partake in or partake in but not seriously or did without zeal, can fetch you an average earning this month and rest of this year. Don't rack ur brain against ur skull as i announce to you the "Telecom Voucher Production", better known as "RECHARGE CARSDs"as a small/medium scale business that does well until we're no more alive on earth. I have the only simple and fastest Procedures you didn't know from however deeply you've journeyed the business in the past. You can remain clueless with bills piled up or drop ur sceptic brilliance and have a life. CONTACTs: email (bisadeoluwaseyi@gmail.com). Phone: 08167310666. **Note sir/ma that what i have to offer you isn't a free/bonus/giveaway stuffs you familiar with, so you are better take a further journey away from contacting me if free/bonuses/giveaways is where you're headed..
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by QuotaSystem: 8:07am On Jun 16, 2015
Austynorule:
I see arm robbery, kidnapping and the likes on the increase again. When u stop all this unproductive barbarians from their means of lively hood, expect them to go back to what they knows how to do best. Stopping them from doing the job though is a welcome development, but they should equally find means of integrating and engaging them in something meaningful or else.............

Even while they were working, they were not being paid... so what are we talking about?

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 16, 2015
Austynorule:
I see arm robbery, kidnapping and the likes on the increase again. When u stop all this unproductive barbarians from their means of lively hood, expect them to go back to what they knows how to do best. Stopping them from doing the job though is a welcome development, but they should equally find means of integrating and engaging them in something meaningful or else.............
you have a good point..because when kidnapping and violence starts oil production will be hampered..
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by opeaceo: 8:09am On Jun 16, 2015
Utchman1:
Should be handled with caution.

You have to pay them what you already owe them and also penalty for contract termination.

Agreement is agreement.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Sir, he didn't terminate the contract, it expired!!!

Good morning.
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by Emnyte(m): 8:10am On Jun 16, 2015
superstar1:
They said Nigeria will burn, if Jonah losses. He lost nothing happened.

They said Nigeria will be in flame if PMB dares revoke the oil pipeline monitoring contracts. Now, the General has done and let us wait for the reaction of the bloody civilians daring him.

Do not forget, he has 5billion cool cash from US, to crush any threat, walking or dead.
U ar very intelligent I mean ironically

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 16, 2015
Themaingate:
And thesame opc said they are quitting because nnpc refuse to pay them

If not because jonathan wanted the support of west why on earth would this kind of contract be awarded in the first place

All militant group are thesame and should be relegated to were they belong

Thank you president buhari for the change

For decades, Nigerian soldiers where paid to guide pipelines, They failed whoofly.

Watch Nigeria fall apart, mark my word. Do u think ur more corrupt than Nigerian soldiers

we shall see.

2 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by popemicky: 8:12am On Jun 16, 2015
Good decision grin grin
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by Papasmal(m): 8:13am On Jun 16, 2015
I hope PMB have the security measure on ground to takle the trouble insight.

Cos I smell trouble in coming dayz even if is not going to last.
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by 989900: 8:14am On Jun 16, 2015
Nice one!
Thank y'all for exercising your civil rights by voting out the inept administration of GEJ.
You still have that 'power' don't lose it, if this admin fxcks up too, you know what to do -- don't sell that 'power'.
#birthright

P.S. The FG really needs to brainstorm out of the box and take care of the ND adequately; not the 'enriching a few' program thing.

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by YSA06(m): 8:15am On Jun 16, 2015
Who is GEJ?

GEJ is define as the most clueless Ground Command of the Nig Armed Forces that used ex millitants and local OPC(whose job was illegal bunkering and vandalization of pipelines) to guard state oil pipelines, paying them billions for the jobs of stealing crude oil in barrels on a daily basis.

We thank God for changing GEJ and replaced him with PMB who knows the right thing to do.

#nigeriawillbegreatagain

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by anonimi: 8:15am On Jun 16, 2015
chuna1985:

Its not the duty of army and navy to guard pipelines.

I thought as much.

This is another BRAINLESS knee-jerk LAWLESS initiative from the Daura President. Just like his old but continuing monthly sanitation exercise that effectivel locks up citizens and forces them to do a job they already paid their 774 LGAs to do. Why are we all so stewpid mumus

Classical daftness from the old pensioner.

He can look for more viable robust alternatives at a lower cost that engages the LOCAL people where the pipelines pass with sensitisation on impact of spillage, explosion and fire on their own community.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by 989900: 8:16am On Jun 16, 2015
Austynorule:

Well said.
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by xmich(m): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2015
shamelly:
80 percent of opc members can't define pipeline and u expect them to protect it,protecting what they don't know about.
But thank God we have the right president at the right time if not, contract will soon be given to hunters to monitor our boarders.
Nonsense

Hunters can do the job of boarder protection perfectly more than our men on uniform

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by edwinoyoma(m): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
They should go abeg..... make army and navy do the work
Hahahah!Let Nigerian Military take over and do the job they are payed for.
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by superstar1(m): 8:18am On Jun 16, 2015
Emnyte:
U ar very intelligent I mean ironically
Mscheeeeeeeeew.

Truth is bitter for noise makers to swallow.
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by ModiKen(m): 8:19am On Jun 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

What danger? Mehn we need to man up an put a final stop to inpunity in our country. Why would local militia secure our pipelines in the first place?

There is no sense in keeping a cat to watch over a fried fish. The local militia have nothing to 400000 barrels of crude oil that get lose or stolen everyday. So tell me sir, what is the essence of their job when they are been paid in billions of naira? What are they securing when oil gets missing everyday? This shows they are the one stealing the oil for their own welth building. This got to stop.

And again, we have professional securities and national security force that can do the job of surveillance better than the rogues called local militia. These men would be forced to pay for anything that got missing unlike the local militia who lord themselves over Nigerians without doing any jobs.

Local militias should give a voluntary service without a single pay. This will show us that they have Nigeria at heart. They should be ready to work alongside with our national forces for free for the sake of all or they pack put for one side.

Bless you for this comment. If only we could do away with local militia completely. They are a source of public nuisance in the Nigerian society. Imagine FG paying MASSOB to protect our pipelines. GEJ made too many mistakes (including the subject of discussion). That man really didn't care about us. His attitude towards Boko Haram said it all. Why then do we have the army, navy and police; to sit in offices and collect salaries? Protecting our lives and properties is their main duty and our pipelines fall in this category. PMB, thank you. We need more changes like dis to bring sanity to our society.
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by anonimi: 8:20am On Jun 16, 2015
YSA06:

GEJ is define as the most clueless Ground Command of the Nig Armed Forces that used

See person wey add brainless join im own clueless dey open mouth call our former presido clueless, chai grin

You better go and work on your English language skills and stop embarrasing yourself in public with your EMPTY swagger. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by igbsam(m): 8:21am On Jun 16, 2015
Barcanista will never comment on a thread like this. the kenke filled brain guy will avoid it like someone running away from a plague.

Good, Sanity is returning to Nigeria.

Writing the wrongs of the failure called GEJ.

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by ExpensiveShit: 8:22am On Jun 16, 2015
xmich:

Hunters can do the job of boarder protection perfectly more than our men on uniform

You obviously don't know d difference between looking for meat in the bush and border protection

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by illiad1(m): 8:23am On Jun 16, 2015
superstar1:
They said Nigeria will burn, if Jonah losses. He lost nothing happened.

They said Nigeria will be in flame if PMB dares revoke the oil pipeline monitoring contracts. Now, the General has done and let us wait for the reaction of the bloody civilians daring him.

Do not forget, he has 5billion cool cash from US, to crush any threat, walking or dead.

I think its a good move

But I also think government should find a means of working with local vigilantes because in some situations they have a very useful role to play

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by anonimi: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2015
ModiKen:
That man really didn't care about us. His attitude towards Boko Haram said it all.

Whose attitude?

Which man of the two- former & current president- are you talking about on the Sharia TERRORISTS

Sign agreement on no more killings, I will withdraw JTF, Jonathan to Borno elders
March 09, 2013

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan yesterday in Maiduguri, accused Borno State Elders of playing to the gallary over the activities of Boko Haram Islamic sect insurgency in the state, describing the situation as unfortunate.

Jonathan spoke during an interactive session with Borno State stakeholders at the Multi-Purpose Hall, Government House Maiduguri, in continuation of his two- day working visit to Borno and Yobe States, the epicentres of Boko Haram.

He was responding to requests by the Elders for the Federal Government to grant amnesty to the sect members as well as withdraw the military Joint Task Force, JTF from Maiduguri and other areas in the state during the second day of his working visit to Borno State..

President Jonathan lamented that none of the elders in the state had publicly condemned the killings and bombings being carried out by the sect members and advised them to put their ‘’house in order,’’ by talking to their children who had been causing havoc in the country to drop their arms against the country.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/sign-agreement-on-no-more-killings-i-will-withdraw-jtf-jonathan-to-borno-elders/#sthash.0kJT6aMl.dpuf

Buhari faults crackdown on Boko Haram
JUNE 3, 2013

Presidential candidate for the Congress for Progressive Change in the 2011 Presidential election, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has frowned on the emergency rule in parts of the North. He alleged that innocent civilians were being killed in the states.

Buhari speaking during a Liberty FM Hausa Service Programme, Guest of the Week, on Sunday in Kaduna said that Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished unlike the “special treatment” given to the Niger Delta militants by the Federal Government.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/joining-apc-not-about-2015-presidency-buhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193460_buharifaultsbokoclampdown_jpega413ed39790bd6df7c30d3a27da2352c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2197070_stopkillingbokoharammembers2_jpeg5f078169b2de9f9501c7a9bbf6933c41
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by Purereal(m): 8:24am On Jun 16, 2015
Good one but pay dem off

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by jaymichael(m): 8:26am On Jun 16, 2015
shamelly:
80 percent of opc members can't define pipeline and u expect them to protect it,protecting what they don't know about.
But thank God we have the right president at the right time if not, contract will soon be given to hunters to monitor our boarders.
Nonsense
Hahahaa! You funny o! 80%of them can't define pipeline and they want to protect what they know nothing about. I thank GOD sanity is gradually retuning to this country.
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by illiad1(m): 8:27am On Jun 16, 2015
ModiKen:

Bless you for this comment. If only we could do away with local militia completely. They are a source of public nuisance in the Nigerian society. Imagine FG paying MASSOB to protect our pipelines. GEJ made too many mistakes (including the subject of discussion). That man really didn't care about us. His attitude towards Boko Haram said it all. Why then do we have the army, navy and police; to sit in offices and collect salaries? Protecting our lives and properties is their main duty and our pipelines fall in this category. PMB, thank you. We need more changes like dis to bring sanity to our society.

And where did you bring MASSOB into your talk? Some of you have penchant for trouble, why?

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by 989900: 8:27am On Jun 16, 2015
We probably cannot have the BH scenario in the south . . . maybe a few kidnappings and bombings here and there.

1. Southerners in general are more enlightened than condoning terrorists.

2. Northerners are largely to blame for BH, they were sympathetic to their 'cause initially, actually supported it; at the minimum were apologists.

3. There won't be no Chad, nor Niger to cross to, when they're being boxed in, unless they want to run into the Atlantic.

4. BH fighters are largely Chadians and Nigeriens; ND won't get that.

5. Religious fanaticism and fundamentalism drives BH and their sympathizers.

6. If the ND is being taken good care of (which is a priority), I don't see where or how the few selfish ones would get the support they need.

7. Money, money, and more money of both local, national and foreign investors would be at stake, the threats would be taken more seriously than BH.
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by ExpensiveShit: 8:27am On Jun 16, 2015
anonimi:

See person wey add brainless join im own clueless dey open mouth call our former presido clueless, chai grin

You better go and work on your English language skills and stop embarrasing yourself in public with your EMPTY swagger. cheesy

GEJ made a fool of himself in all ramifications during his administration. How can you appoint local militia to protect what belongs to the nation. What then is the job of the army, police, navy and airforce. He should have as well appointed OPC and the Niger Delta militants to fight Boko Haram. Maybe they would have done a better job than the army he clearly reduced to rubbish until six weeks to election when it became obvious that PMB would win.

1 Like

Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 16, 2015
anonimi:

I thought as much.

This is another BRAINLESS knee-jerk LAWLESS initiative from the Daura President. Just like his old but continuing monthly sanitation exercise that effectivel locks up citizens and forces them to do a job they already paid their 774 LGAs to do. Why are we all so stewpid mumus

Classical daftness from the old pensioner.

He can look for more viable robust alternatives at a lower cost that engages the LOCAL people where the pipelines pass with sensitisation on impact of spillage, explosion and fire on their own community.

I sense there's a chance they want to end amnesty in the SS and den use the money meant for it to sponsor amnesty in the north for boko haram.

I smell all forms of violence in Nigeria.
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by DanielPop(m): 8:37am On Jun 16, 2015
barbstee:

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/fg-cancels-pipeline-protection-contracts-award-to-ethnic-militias/

"The three missing men, according to him, were part of the 4,000 private security operatives..."

4,000 operatives who are now jobless! Issokay. When some of them come knocking at your door in the middle of the night, you will understand better!
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by phelps007: 8:42am On Jun 16, 2015
“[b]However, after the ensuing fracas, three men could not be accounted for by their team leaders. “Many of the private security operatives fled the scene, amidst shooting by the task force.

Lol.. But they use to form say dem get jazz....

Why dem run na... grin grin

Yeye people
Re: FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias by eaglechild: 8:45am On Jun 16, 2015
Local vigilante are good for helping the fight against Boko Haram but apparently not good enough to help in safeguarding the pipelines.

What I believe should be done is a scaling down of the contract with reorientation and integration of the local vigilante with the civil defence, Navy etc.

They know the terrain best. It will be in the best interest if all if they can work together with the security forces.

Since this arrangement there has been relative peace in the Niger Delta (I know many peeps choose to develop memory loss of how restive the region was).

A dog does not eat the bone around its neck.

Yes oil thefts is still ongoing but we don't want to add civil unrest to the equation.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Away From Nigeria For 2 Months In Protest - Daily Trust / Akwa Ibom Commissioner Kneels Before Akpabio's Wife. / Army Release Photo Of Politician As Faces Of Disgruntled Nig Spreading Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.