Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram (1062 Views)

Electricity Debts Owed By Benin And Togo Gives Nigeria Concerns / Switzerland Gives Nigeria Conditions For Returning $321m Abacha Loot / Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by Teeboy22(m): 8:01am On Jun 16, 2015
The United States says it has announced a five
billion US dollars contribution to the Multinational
Joint Task Force (MNJTF), to boost the military
operation against the Boko Haram insurgency. The US Assistant Secretary, Bureau of African
Affairs, Amb. Linda Thomas-Greenfield, announced
this at news briefing via telephone from the African
Union Summit on Monday on the US interests in
Africa, NAN correspondent monitored the press briefing at
the US Embassy in Abuja. “We have been working
with Nigeria as well as the African countries
innovation to address their concerns about Boko
Haram because we don’t see this as just a Nigerian
problem. “We are having discussions with President Buhari
on how we might bolster our support. We have
already been working with them and providing
information. “We are providing some training and support and
we’ll love to work with the new administration to
see how we might increase the level of support to
Nigeria. At the same time, we’ve just announced at the
venue of the AU, five billion dollars contribution to
the Multinational Task Force. “We are also providing some equipment and
support and we have a number of meetings with
the countries who are members of the Multinational
Joint Task Force to look at other areas we might
support.” Thomas-Greenfield said that Africa had faced “some
really horrendous terrorist attacks” over the past
two years. [Agency Report]

1 Share

Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by DULLARDipo: 8:05am On Jun 16, 2015
Evil people. But they backed away and refused to help during GEJ's tenure. Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by absoluteSuccess: 8:05am On Jun 16, 2015
Talk about 'blood' money
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by agarawu23(m): 8:16am On Jun 16, 2015
DULLARDipo:
Evil people. But they backed away and refused to help during GEJ's tenure. Hypocrites
how sure are you?
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 16, 2015
agarawu23:
how sure are you?
Go to romance section, go dere and mas turbate Wif all dose kids Politics section is too much for u to handle I'm mature creature
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by Teeboy22(m): 8:32am On Jun 16, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Go to romance section, go dere and mas turbate Wif all dose kids Politics section is too much for u to handle I'm mature creature
really?
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by roqchiq(f): 8:43am On Jun 16, 2015
agarawu23:
how sure are you?

Even if nobody can say for sure....USA likes to be in a position where they can give aid and no country till date, has survived any romance with the USA.
Nigeria be warned, USA doesn't believe any Nation should rise
enough to be truly independent, they love their self appointed role
of sole-big brother.
please show me one country where USA interference in their
affairs has yielded positive fruits?? Unless they are still benefitting from their parasitic alliance, once they see that you want to be self sufficient, they stir up trouble.

If US give you One Naira, check well you are loosing Hundred Naira.

1 Like

Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by QuotaSystem: 8:47am On Jun 16, 2015
Disregard the conspiracy theorists. What we appreciate are the funds which will go a long way in defeating the blood sucking terrorists. Remember Nigeria heads the MNJTF so this N1 Trillion naira gift is well appreciated.

1 Like

Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by sexyjob(m): 8:49am On Jun 16, 2015
United States of America
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by agarawu23(m): 9:06am On Jun 16, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Go to romance section, go dere and mas turbate
Wif all dose kids
Politics section is too much for u to handle
I'm mature creature
tongue tongue tongue
grin grin grin
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by loomer: 10:39am On Jun 16, 2015
Dinning with the Devil.

How many countries wey US don help get peace today?
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by hairdryingcap(m): 10:50am On Jun 16, 2015
More money to share... Sharing formula begins..... grin grin.... USA should never be trust, they don't give without expecting more from you.... Nigeria be ready for whatever demand they start making.....
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by asumo12: 10:53am On Jun 16, 2015
Impressive!

Sai Baba

Sai Buhari

Fucking with the Devil!

US don't blip freely oooo!
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by asumo12: 11:01am On Jun 16, 2015
Teeboy22 wey sauce?

Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by doctokwus: 11:17am On Jun 16, 2015
The actual figure is $5million NOT $5billion. I wonder why some Nigerian journalists can't verify simple stories.
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by Teeboy22(m): 11:48am On Jun 16, 2015
asumo12:
Teeboy22 wey sauce?

U mean Maggi sauce or tomato sauce
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by asumo12: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2015
Lool

Jollof rice own ni!

Teeboy22:

U mean Maggi sauce or tomato sauce

Ahlaja wey u?
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by Teeboy22(m): 11:53am On Jun 16, 2015
loomer:
Dinning with the Devil.
How many countries wey US don help get peace today?
akure and asaba grin
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by Teeboy22(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2015
asumo12:
Lool
Jollof rice own ni!

Ahlaja wey u?
which ahlaja u find...haha
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by loomer: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2015
Teeboy22:

akure and asaba grin

Teeboy! Teeboy!! Teeeeeboooooy!!!

How many times I call u?
I go report u to charlene o
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by denko(m): 11:58am On Jun 16, 2015
Not 5b but 5m this is the reason APC will continue the lies without doing any concrete thing to show for it.
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by Teeboy22(m): 11:58am On Jun 16, 2015
loomer:

Teeboy! Teeboy!! Teeeeeboooooy!!!
How many times I call u? I go report u to charlene o
na 8times u call me na

abeg no report me oo...haha smiley
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by loomer: 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Teeboy22:

na 8times u call me na

abeg no report me oo...haha smiley

U is looking for my trouble o.
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by nairaminds(m): 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

seriously bro, i neva knew u were MATURE
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by jamst2(m): 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
huh! The so-called 'bokoharam' war is a hoax & a big scam by the globalist zionist usa to take over the newly discovered mineral resourses in the lake chad basin & it region...bokoharam is all about oil,gold & diamond
Re: US Gives Nigeria & Others $5 Billion To Fight Boko Haram by ayobase(m): 1:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Go to romance section, go dere and mas turbate
Wif all dose kids
Politics section is too much for u to handle
I'm mature creature

You keep yapping about, "go to romance section.....you are a kid.....I'm mature......go mas turbate......"

And at the same u were seeking for help from these same "kids".

Well, I have always been around this section for years, and I can categorically say people like you make this place reek of stupidities.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Not Owed Any Salary By Akwa Ibom Govt - Workers Boast / All President Buhari's Appointment So Far / Foreigners Fault Nigeria On TB Joshua Building Collapse Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.