Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself (22750 Views)

Another Nigerian Man Takes A Nap With His Car In The Middle Of Highway / Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood / Man Uses "Juju" To Secure His Car After It Broke Down In A Ghetto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Abugab(m): 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
This is a common problem with Nissan and had to sell off one I used recently.
My take:
Do a scan as u can see some good places with pocket friendly charges.
Likely the air flow meter or valves as it were.
Tackle it now as it will soon start with 'break and quench' and will also be emitting thick black smoke when you rev the engine.

2 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
CAR IS POSSESS KINDLY BRING IT FOR DELIVERANCE

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Spells(m): 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
I've experience such with ma Honda odessy, its nothing much just take it to the mechanic n explain it to him n he'll work on it, so don't freak out.
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by bigass(f): 1:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
Okanyidudu:

Hello Gurus in the house,

I need help with my car. The engine revs up and down all by itself. The effect is exactly like someone gently pressing down on the gas pedal and then letting up, over and over. This effect is most notable when the car is parked, but also occurs when stopped for red lights, or even during low-speed driving (under 35 mph or so).

The car in question is a Nissan X-Trail 2008 model.

@moderator, pls unban morningsta. not sure what offense was committed seriously.

It has happened to me before. It happens when you touch your throttle. Get an OBD2 scanner scan it, en error code will come out clear the error code. It will be normal just like magic
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by pek(m): 1:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
imhotep:
check the brain box.
Bros, fear God. Better you keep quite than miss yearn.

3 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by adanny01(m): 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
PStacks:

Check the turtle-cable and adjust the slow running. Make sure to tune the Revolution per minute below 500 rev/min or max 1000 rev/minute

What if the car has no 'turtle-cable' but elctronic trottle control as common with newer cars. How, would you advise him to adjust? 'Slow running' isnt manually adjustable in most ECU (brain box) controled car such as a 2008 model. Dont forget the op said 2008 Nissan Xtrail.

2 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Flame4chi(m): 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Lemme giv u a number to cal... Tunde Okukoya he is a moderator on Ray power Ibadan, I have listen to his programme over the radio and I feel he can help, put a call through to him. 08098738876Lemme giv u a number to cal... Tunde Okukoya he is a moderator on Ray power Ibadan, I have listen to his programme over the radio and I feel he can help, put a call through to him. 08098738876Lemme giv u a number to cal... Tunde Okukoya he is a moderator on Ray power Ibadan, I have listen to his programme over the radio and I feel he can help, put a call through to him. 08098738876

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by themejiwalker(m): 1:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nissan products later become processed when it's been constantly worked on by an otu mechanic. Start thinking about replacing your car.
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by youngwarlocks: 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
ur car is using petrol mixed with hydraulics
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by adanny01(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
When you have a car made yr 2000 or newer and has such a problem, scan first and think later not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by haywire1: 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
PStacks:
Just check the Turtle-cable.

@ d bold, check d snail-cable too grin grin grin

#

4 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by VIPERVENOM(m): 2:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
Okanyidudu:

Hello Gurus in the house,

I need help with my car. The engine revs up and down all by itself. The effect is exactly like someone gently pressing down on the gas pedal and then letting up, over and over. This effect is most notable when the car is parked, but also occurs when stopped for red lights, or even during low-speed driving (under 35 mph or so).

The car in question is a Nissan X-Trail 2008 model.

@moderator, pls unban morningsta. not sure what offense was committed seriously.
u need to attend this program ASAP grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by obstead200(m): 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
check ur air flow meter. the sensor is probably bad. shud cost u around 10k to replace it. had similar experience with my pathfinder. but i recommend that u scan the vehicle first sha and clear all error code. also clear all codes after replacing the airflow meter

2 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by 9jatatafo(m): 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
Guy I think you should tell you mecho to look into it. I have a small jalopy that acts up in the morning, if I start it in the morning the car will vibrate but after letting it warmed and driven for a while the car will act well.

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
U don carry d car enter village b4? If yes, old ppl for village don possess d car b dat ooo. Consult an ifa oooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Ishilove: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
u need to attend this program ASAP grin
LWKMD!!!! You just made me laugh out loud like a woman undergoing deliverance cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by dallyemmy: 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
I THINK THE SOLENOID VALVE THAT REGULATES THE FUEL INTAKE INTO THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER IS FAULTY OR IAC VALVE (IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE) IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY AND MAKING THE CAR TO IDLE ERRATICALLY. TRY AND CARRY OUT DIAGNOSTIC SCAN ON YOUR CAR TO ESTABLISH WHAT IS ACTUALLY WRONG WITH THE CAR. CHEERS!

3 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by moscobabs(m): 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
luchy34:
take it to an auto diagnostic center to have it checked, or may be when the were working on ur fan the forgot to plug in the indicator switch.. cool
thanks you sir..

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by nnamdi1958: 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
YES THE CAR IS POSSESSED BY THE SPIRIT OF UP AND DOWN SO GIVE IT TO YOUR ENEMY

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by bmos(m): 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Have you scan the said vehicle?

How did you get the money you u used to buy the car in the first place?
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Sponge3(m): 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
Reminds me of that old Stephen King novel Christine.
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by femicousim: 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
please scan/diagnose your vehicle asap

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Cool: 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
Okay!
This is the *most interesting* thread I've read in this auto section.
The op has been advised and I've had a good laugh.
Well done all, well done!

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Highvotage: 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
It is not any juju. its occured to my Nissan Primera i took it to injector mechanic which just do little cleanin and and up till now (a year plus) it has not occur to it again.
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by daxlasaint(m): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
You should have ur mech check your airflow meter or ur air flow sensor, depending on which of them your car uses.... it may need tweaking or replacement. I had the same issue some mnths back and it went away by itself...

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by abatically(m): 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
PStacks:

Check the turtle-cable and adjust the slow running. Make sure to tune the Revolution per minute below 500 rev/min or max 1000 rev/minute

Seriously?
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Cuzz: 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
Air flow meter or clogged trottle body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by abeylevels(m): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
There is a switch in the engine called "cold-start" switch. Ask ur mechanic to use Diagnostic tool to scan the car. You will see the faulty switch. Replace it and your car should be ok.
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by femicousim: 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
check the trottle body, and maf sensor.

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Oneprodigy(m): 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
Try this,.Just switch off the ignition. Stamp on the throttle severally. The problem is with the cable throttle. Dont waste money anywhere. Tell your mechanic to check the cable later.
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by simdam500(m): 3:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
tuoyoojo: ok

soak the engine inside holy water lol

grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? / Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles / Saudi Women Celebrate News They Will Finally Be Allowed To Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.