Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Who Is NMJ And The "Akanaba Dance" Syndrome. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is NMJ And The "Akanaba Dance" Syndrome. (295 Views)

Nigerian Artistes And The Lip-synching Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is NMJ And The "Akanaba Dance" Syndrome. by whoisnmj(m): 9:20am On Jun 16, 2015
The historic date was May 15, 2015, when a new song titled "Akanaba" a club banger was released by a not so new up-and-coming artiste NMJ. Within days of its release it topped the reverbnations Dance genre chart for Lagos and Nigeria ( Still #1 as at the time of this write up).
What is the meaning of "Akanaba" and what makes the term unique? "Akanaba" (not the Akanaba in Ghana the name of a place) is a word coined from Calabar the headquaters/major town of the Efik speaking people of Cross River State, South South Nigeria. The word denotes/ means "who can Stay/survive". Now the ancient City of Calabar a major tourist destination in Cross River State Nigeria is widely known for its beautiful landscape, cleanliness, delicious delicacies/foods(Afang Soup, Edika Ikong soup, Ekpang kukuo, to mention but a few), beautiful damsels/girls, and general cleanliness, but what most people do not know is the high cost of living in Calabar. Hence, the song title "Akanaba" who can restand the high cost of living in Calabar.
The song "Akanaba" which doubles as a song and dance move may be regarded as an appraisal of the ancient city of Calaba A.K.A Canaanland.
I should love to describe the dance moves for "Akanaba" dance, but I will do that in the near future when the song must have gained ground. For the time being I want to urge you to Download "Akanaba" for Free at www.reverbnation.com/NMJ4 Or www.naijapals.com/music/NMJ or just search NMJ under music. After listening to the song you can return here and drop your comments if you agreed to some or all that I have written here or not.
Less I forget to mention it, should you also happen to bump into another song titled "Tonight" by the same artiste do not hesitate to include it in your comment.
Meanwhile I gathered from a very reliable source (winks) that NMJ has returned to the studio to complete work on his EPs Album coming out soon. I bet I"ll be among the first persons to listen to it. Cheers. smiley

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Kahli Abdu & VHS Safari – On This Side / Wyclef Jean ( Haitian Music) / Talent Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.