Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,717 members, 7,865,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Our Loss At The Last Election Is A Temporary Setback - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Loss At The Last Election Is A Temporary Setback - PDP (301 Views)

Sylva Went Clubbing, Drinking After Loss At Bayelsa Polls / Nullification Of My Election A Temporary Setback Says Gov Wike (see Photos) / Akpabio Suffers Setback In Bid To Retain Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Loss At The Last Election Is A Temporary Setback - PDP by morereb10: 10:54am On Jun 16, 2015
The gubernatorial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ogun state at the last general election, Prince Gboyega Nasir Isiaka (GNI), has described the loss of the party at the last election as a temporary setback, assuring the party faithfuls that it will bounce back in a big way before the next general elections in 2019.

GNI as he his fondly called by admires, stated this while hosting the nine lawmakers elected on the platform of the party at its Oke Mosan secretariat in Abeokuta, Ogun state capital.

He charged the legislators elected on the platform of the party to support bills seeking to improve the lot of Ogun people.

He emphasized that the welfare of the people of the state should be paramount to the lawmakers irrespective of their party affiliation, and urged them to block any bill that seeks to promote personal interests.

According to him,”this opportunity to serve your constituencies is a call to service. You must see yourselves as eyes and ears of the people to better their lot. Any bill that seeks to promote the well-being of our people should be wholeheartedly supported by all.”

“But I should say this and I will make myself very clear. Any bill that seeks to promote personal interest of anybody should be thrown away,” he averred. It would be recalled that Gboyega lost his bid to become the Governor of Ogun State to Ibikunle Amosun of the All Progressives Congress at the 2015 elections in Ogun State. - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/06/our-loss-at-last-election-is-temporary.html#sthash.9IysXOrV.dpuf

cc lalasticlala ishilove

Re: Our Loss At The Last Election Is A Temporary Setback - PDP by engrfcuksmtin(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2015
K

(1) (Reply)

10 Year Old Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Yobe Market / Our Lawmakers Are Billionaires Without Industries / Insurgency: All Hopes Not Lost, Osinbajo Assures Boko Haram Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.