Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,137 members, 7,821,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% (843 Views)

Umar Jibrilla Bindow's Son's Bride (Photos) / Bindow Jibrilla Visits IBB & Abdulsalami Abubakar (Photos) / Gov. Ikpeazu Cuts Own Salary, Travelling Allowance By 50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% by siraj1402(m): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
Governor Muhammadu Umaru Jibrilla has announced a 50 percent cut in his salary.
Speaking at the flag off of road projects in Yola on Monday, the governor said he would convince members of the state House of Assembly to do same. He also indicated plans to slash the number of ministries to do away with unnecessary cost of governance.
"I will work with less than ten commissioners in my cabinet to minimize cost of governance," he said.
Putting the debt profile of the state at N44 billion, Jibrilla, said he had to borrow to pay the May salaries because he found only N900 million in the state coffers when he took over while the salary bill is N 2.1 billion‎.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/57226-gov-jibrilla-of-adamawa-cuts-own-salary-by-50
Re: Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% by siraj1402(m): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hummmmm.Nice one
Re: Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% by dejavski(m): 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
It's a season of cut-cut-cut grin I hope our NASS thieves are seeing this
Re: Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% by rabimlomo: 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
Good one. Hope they don't look for other cunning ways to make the money back
Re: Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Sai Buhari
Re: Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% by Ikengawo: 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
all of these superficial 'cuts' that these guys are using for gimmicks are only surviving due to the laziness of the general public. I know the political scene on an intimate level, one that would surprise you and I can tell you as an authority that when they say they 'cut' this and 'cut' that nothing gets cut. All they need is the newspaper article saying they've cut one thing or another.

Most of them are sharing their salary with an oga or person that put them where they're at. This is why the NA is the world's highest paid.
The greater bulk of governors make more money from other forms of graft than salary can ever compensate so the 'cut' it is a joke.
Nearly all of them pay money into their parties coffers to increase their clout in that party.

The issue isn't that the governor's salary is going to make a huge dent in government spending, the issue is the structure of the government at all levels is primitive and ridiculously expensive. Clap when you hear governors changing the structures of government and digitizing. 'I'm cutting my salary' is the new 'I'm donating bags rice to market women'.

the one's that say 'im receiving no salary' are the worst because they're lying and perpetuating the idea that one is receiving a 'favor' for getting paid for their work. This mentality is why nigerian bosses pay employees whenever they feel and not whenever it's scheduled or deserved.
Re: Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
Other Governors, senators etc should emulate this exercise.... so that minimum wages can be increased from 18000 to 3000
Re: Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% by stinggy(m): 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
A commendable move, though salary is never the problem. The bulk of their earnings come in through series of allowances.
If they can stop collecting allowances and double their salaries.
Re: Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% by donphilopus: 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
Asamu07:
Other Governors, senators etc should emulate this exercise.... so that minimum wages can be increased from 18000 to 3000

Increased or decreased? Are they progressing or retrogressing?
Re: Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% by greggles: 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
rabimlomo:
Good one. Hope they don't look for other cunning ways to make the money back

Security votes amounting to billions annually, they don't account for this money to anyone, its theirs to use while the police still does the job on their own salaries grin grin
Re: Gov Jibrilla Of Adamawa Cuts Own Salary By 50% by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
donphilopus:

Increased or decreased? Are they progressing or retrogressing?

Decrease from Top.... increase the bottom.. If u understand what I mean

(1) (Reply)

Politicians / Court Commences Case Against Jonathan’s Campaign Team / Executive Stalemate: Nigeria’s New Regime Grounded In Confusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.