Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,274 members, 7,954,081 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari (923 Views)

NNPC- Nigeria To Begin Direct Oil Sale, Will Eliminate Middlemen / No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / With Cabinet, Nigeria's Buhari Puts Party Before Reforms -REUTERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by Ndlistic(m): 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
Written by Augustine Ehikioya, Abuja
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday insisted that his administration will leave no stone unturned in the bid to eliminate corruption in Nigeria.He made the remark in Johannesburg when he met Nigerians residing in South Africa.The President also promised to implement the cardinal policies of his administration in order to move the country forward.He said: “Government is determined to secure the country, manage the economy, create employment and fight corruption. Some articulate writers have said if we do not kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria. This APC administration intends to kill corruption in Nigeria. We will do our best, I assure you”Buhari said leaders of the G-7 have expressed commitment to helping Nigeria tackle in insecurity and and develop its oil and gas sectors.“We are getting the facts and logistic requirements together,” he assured,He urged Nigerians resident in South Africa to be good ambassadors of the country, stressing that Nigerian and South African leaders will soon meet to discuss several issues bordering on their relationship.“Those of you who have the opportunity to come here and represent us, make sure that you are representing Nigeria, you are all ambassadors of Nigeria. This means a lot of patience, restraint,self respect and pride. You must have all these,” the President stated.According to him, those accusing him of locking them up have no case as himself was locked up for three and half years when he was deposed as Head of State.He said: “But I assure you that after being in the military for 25 years,and getting to the highest rank and becoming head of state and under unusual circumstances. As headof state I went straight to detention for three and half years, so those who are accusing me of locking them up, I too have been locked up, sowhat.”He said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) since 1999 messed up Nigeria, adding that wasthe reason Nigerians decided to vote for him.He said: “They remember me more as chairman of PTF than as a former head of state, than a governor or a minister of petroleum. Despite the fact that it was during my time that I signed the contract for Warri refinery, Kaduna refinery, more than 3,500 pipelines and more than 20 depot. Wegot the tankers off the road, we saved lives, wesaved fuel, we save the road itself. But from 1999 till date PDP has messed it up. That is why Nigerians decided to vote me.“Despite the fact that they say money is working from primaries to my election is a proofthat Nigerians know what they want once they make up their minds. You can give them the money, some refuse to take it, some took it and said it is our money and they do exactly what they wanted to do.“So why did I join partisan politics in spiteof that? When I went home people knew that I have no money, I thought they will leave me alone, but they didn’t they were comingto me asking me to do this and do that. And I found that the only way I could do it is by joiningpartisan politics. And maybe if I speak even if I’m not a member at anylevel, people will listen to me.“The second that happened that finally convinced me to join partisan politics was what happened to Soviet Union. You know the Soviet Union was anempire in the 20th century and it collapsedwithout a shot being fired. Everybody went home, there was confusion. Now there are 18 countries out of the old Soviet Union. They were more advanced than the western countries in science because they wanted to go to space specifically in 1957, andthey had more nuclear war heads and delivering system than Warsaw.”
Source:http://thenationonlineng.net/new/i-will-end-corruption-in-nigeria-buhari/

Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by phabuloz(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
I hope he keep to his words
Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by modath(f): 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Sai Baba too make sense, we have no doubt that since you know stealing is corruption it will be eliminated as you promised, unlike one heroic doctorate degree holder who couldn't & susequently nurtured & allowed it to thrive while emphasising that there is/was no difference.

To further add salt to injury he likened it to carelessness of leaving unsecured yams for goats to devour like he wasn't put there as caretaker of said yams!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by bash4us(m): 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
So help u God!
Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by agarawu23(m): 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
phabuloz:
I hope he keep to his words
of cus he will smiley
Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by MrScript(m): 5:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hmm.. And he s still struggling 2 settle after 4weeks
Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by 3ace(m): 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
MrScript:
Hmm.. And he s still struggling 2 settle after 4weeks
He's not been struggling-all the trips so far are necessary for the change.
Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by Tallesty1(m): 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
Very good but we are tired of hearing "I Will".

1 Like

Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by chamboy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
Taniods does not like dis news oo
Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by Noble11(m): 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
Baba one chance..start with APC and NASS first
Then we will know you are serious..
Am tired of hearing I will I will everyday,do one first!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by Sandydayz(f): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
I don tire for all the speeches oooo...
Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by prettybella(f): 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
baba start na! you've been saying that since last year
Re: I Will Eliminate Corruption In Nigeria – Buhari by idealsico(m): 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2015
Action speaks louder than words.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

INEC Chairman, Attahiru Jega, Six Others To Vacate Office Next Week / Pic Of The Day!!!!!! / Gay Man Files $70M Suit Against Bible Publishers Over 'homosexual' Verses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.