Stats: 3,157,096 members, 7,832,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Flood/water Damage Cars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Flood/water Damage Cars (1703 Views)

Picture Of Rolls Roycee In Lagos Flood, Occupant Bails Water. / ==============salt Water Damage================= / 2 Months Used Honda Passport Suv : Going For 850k(drives well in flood) (2) (3) (4)

Flood/water Damage Cars by Larrynbm: 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2009
Need advice on flood/water damaged cars a friend in he states is trying to convince to sending one fo me that its a minor fault that can be fixed here so i need experts in the field to advice pls

Though its a new car 2006 model but its damaged by flood so fellow landers what do u think?
Re: Flood/water Damage Cars by arnold2g3(m): 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2009
What kinda vehicle is it and what kinda water damage is it?
Re: Flood/water Damage Cars by favre2k(m): 4:23pm On Feb 23, 2009
Don't do it, that's all I've got to say. I'm in the states and I know the game. Flood damaged cars are problem forever.
The only reason I would do is , is if its extremely cheap.
Re: Flood/water Damage Cars by Larrynbm: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2009
I dont knw the extent of the damage but the car is a 2007 chevy K150 TAHO
Re: Flood/water Damage Cars by Larrynbm: 4:37pm On Feb 23, 2009
Thnks Favrek2 for ur sincere advice

what cheap cars can u source for me within the range of 2000-3000dollars since u re in the states and into the car game get back to me if u can make an offer

larrynbm@gmail.com
Re: Flood/water Damage Cars by promise72(m): 6:32pm On Feb 23, 2009
At all times, i want you to match your expectation to reality. Dont expect a late model car like Avalon or so for that kind of money (even if its flood damaged).

Then the real question is, What kind of car do you have in mind? Either lower your expectation or save more.

It will cost you about $1300-$1500 to ship. Then about the same to Clear. Is $3000 included in shipping and Clearing or just purchase? You need to clarify these things.

I dont care how much you pay for a flooded car, bottom line you will not be getting your worth. You will be frustrated at the end especially if you have a "saltwater floded car".

"Freshwater" flooded car is still OK but i would rather not even touch either of them.

Good luck in your search.
Re: Flood/water Damage Cars by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 23, 2009
I wouldn't touch a flood-water damaged car.
If it's merely driven through a ford, and got water into the cabin at door sill level, maybe.
But, if it's been submerged in deep water for any length of time, that car's in trouble.

The central electrics / fuse / relay panel will be dead, the ECU's will be dead, the instrument cluster will be dead.
The only way such a car would be close to perfect, would be to replace all the above mentioned parts, not cheap, it also negates the reason for buying these cars in the first place, to save money.

Even a car that's been driven through a ford, till the engine spluttered and died, will be a dead duck, even if the cabin doesn't get water logged.
The air intake, quite low down in modern automobile, is a regular casualty - it'll suck water in, and that's when the driver realises (too late) that unlike air, fluid isn't compressible.

If the engine was running high enough RPM when water was drawn in, the pistons will hydraulic, least case scenario, the engine would end up with bent con rods; often the pistons will then punch gaping holes in the cylinder block, as they try to escape.

Or worse, the crank either snaps, or bends, either way, that engine'll suddenly become a massive door stop.

Avoid flood-damaged cars, unless you're good at doing your own wrenching. Even if you're that good with the spanners, I'd advice you don't buy.

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Flood/water Damage Cars by Larrynbm: 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2009
Thanks fellow landers for the wondafull advice
Re: Flood/water Damage Cars by adeyemik: 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2009
Bros, awoofu dey run belle oooo. If you do mistake buy the moto, I assure you say your mechanic go use you build hin house. Promise72 and Siena do yan you the real koko, I tak God beg you no go near am at all. Dat $6000 (Cost including clearing and freighting), ig you tak am go Cotonu you go see bete moto buy.
Re: Flood/water Damage Cars by Mamacita007(f): 11:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
Wat advice can u give for someone that drove in a flood & the car smells wet becos the carpets are soaked but the engine is not giving any problem for now.
Re: Flood/water Damage Cars by kpolli(m): 12:58am On Apr 30, 2013
Mamacita007: Wat advice can u give for someone that drove in a flood & the car smells wet becos the carpets are soaked but the engine is not giving any problem for now.

You spoilt the Q7 I bought for u shocked shocked

And I dey enter campus transit cry cry

99' Nissan Altima(registered)----500k...Best Buy(Urgent Sales) / For Sale Acura Tl 2004 Gold Colour @1.4m / Nissan Infinity Q*4 Jst 1.1mil Great Deal