Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar (1243 Views)

Srk’s Happy New Year Will Release In Telugu & Tamil / Link To Download Bollywood Films(indian Movies) / BOLLYWOOD Actors, Actresses And Movies (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by Bay1970(m): 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2009
Abi I lie, my brothers and sisters.
1. Hollywood
2. Bollywood
3. Nollywood

Oh no, na mistake ooooooh Nollywood before Bollywood, my people make una wake up from sleep.

Jenifa, THE BLOCKBUSTER vs Slumdog Millionaire
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 24, 2009
SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE is a BRITISH movie shot in India with indian actors so technically it's not a Bollywood movie.
although it is irrelevant, the movie cost 15million us$ to produce and so far racked close to 100million us$ at the box office (watch this number rise very quickly in the near future), well above ANY Nollywood movie ever made.
i think Nollywood has a long way to go before making a movie that can compete worldwide.
i am yet to see a 9ja movie that had a GREAT STORY/GREAT LIGHTING/PERFECT SOUND/PROFESSIONAL DIRECTING all in one,
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by SisiJinx: 2:47pm On Mar 01, 2009
@ Topic
Oh my god!! I was just thinking the same thing when I saw the Oscars. Why I even know the category Nollywood will win for. . .

THE BEST WORST ATTEMPT AT MOVIEMAKING!!!!! [img]http://home.no/femma/smilies/Blow.gif[/img]

And the intro will go something like this. . .

MOVIEMAKING SO BAD IT MAKES REAL MOVIE MAKERS WANNA HANG UP THEIR HATS FOR FEAR OF BEING ASSOCIATED WITH IT.

I suspect this will also be the peeps at the Academy Awards quit forever.
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by doyin13(m): 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2009
Sisi. . . .wetin happen to ur picshurr. angry angry

and we need to talk over some scripts sef. . . romantic scripts grin grin
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by netotse(m): 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2009
can i direct it grin please!
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 03, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

@ Topic
Oh my god!! I was just thinking the same thing when I saw the Oscars. Why I even know the category Nollywood will win for. . .
THE BEST WORST ATTEMPT AT MOVIEMAKING!!!!! [img]http://home.no/femma/smilies/Blow.gif[/img]
And the intro will go something like this. . .
MOVIEMAKING SO BAD IT MAKES REAL MOVIE MAKERS WANNA HANG UP THEIR HATS FOR FEAR OF BEING ASSOCIATED WITH IT.
I suspect this will also be the peeps at the Academy Awards quit forever.
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin ;
you cracked me up, RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!!!
NOLLYWOOD in its present state has absolutely NO chance to even get tickets to sit in the audience of the oscars!!!
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by mykephils(m): 1:21am On Mar 05, 2009
Hi, Our company RENAISSANCE MEDIA is a registered licenced Nollywood movies distributor with National Films and Videos Censor Board. We also have Nigerian Export Promotion Council Certificate of Export. Do you need Nigerian Films in Bulk at Great discount for Nigerians in the Diaspora. Do you want to reseller in SOUTH AFRICA, UK,GHANA etc. Please contact me check out our website www.renaissancemediang.com +2348065477209 ,+2348054542737
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 05, 2009
mykephils:

Hi, Our company RENAISSANCE MEDIA is a registered licenced Nollywood movies distributor with National Films and Videos Censor Board. We also have Nigerian Export Promotion Council Certificate of Export. Do you need Nigerian Films in Bulk at Great discount for Nigerians in the Diaspora. Do you want to reseller in SOUTH AFRICA, UK,GHANA etc. Please contact me check out our website www.renaissancemediang.com +2348065477209 ,+2348054542737

hey Mike sorry to bust your nut but with the internet age(streaming/downloading), i can go online and watch any Nollywood movie FOR FREE,
or download them and burn it on dvd. cost me next to nothing.
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by sexyLeamon(f): 8:27am On Mar 05, 2009
good luck to nollywood I know bollywood is very good but I didn't like that slumdog Millionaire.
I don't know what is all the fuss about
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by bishoptboy(m): 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2009
I would say amen to Nigeria getting a recognition at oscars. winning one who know maybe with prayer and fasting. hey guys im not giving up on nollywood o.
Jenifa cant win anything outside nigeria cos only nigerians can appreciate the film. I hate it anyway.

guys lets list the top ten best nollywood films and give our own awards on nairaland if oscars wont give our guys awards. maybe someone should start that topic.

Sisi Jinx you are too wicked on our nollywood guys o cheesy

Just dont say what you said on treads with fans of nollywood. I trashed Jenifa on some "jenifa the blockbuster" treads and people have attacked me and called me all sorts of names because they just adore the film and i dont like it. everyone is entitled to their opinion.
cheers grin
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by SeanT21(f): 2:01am On Mar 07, 2009
Please,Nollywood sucks.Its all about love,witch craft,love,love,love,etc, Plus,The sound,Plots and acting are all horrible.

Plus,U should never ever compare slumdog millionaire to Jenifa.Please!!
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by OgidiBoy(m): 2:10am On Mar 07, 2009
SeanT21:

Please,Nollywood sucks.Its all about love,witch craft,love,love,love,etc, Plus,The sound,Plots and acting are all horrible.

Plus,U should never ever compare slumdog millionaire to Jenifa.Please!!

Look at your fat head like sucks, which kind movies una produce for Liberia? it's only to kill and eat human heart una sabi for that useless country.
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by bishoptboy(m): 7:56am On Mar 07, 2009
i will still say it again. we Nairalanders shouldnt attack each other. we should be more civilised. every one has got his own opinion. If seant21 feels nollywood suck and he gives reason why he feel it suck then we should give him reason why we feel its good. we shouldnt attack each other for no reason.

I said jenifa is bad and gave reason why its bad and people attacked me and i asked them to anaylse the storyline and give me reasons why they feel its good and they cant give me any reason except "its hilarious". i find Jenifa with no meaningful storyline.

If we are educated and civilised let behave like one. Dialogue should prevail abeg!
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by lynxnoon(m): 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2009
Nollywod ko! "No any wood" ni!!
NA BEANS!!! angry angry
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by SeanT21(f): 6:10am On Mar 08, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Look at your fat head like sucks, which kind movies una produce for Liberia? it's only to kill and eat human heart una sabi for that useless country.

I don't waste my time arguing with ignorant people.If U want me to explain in more details why I think Nollywood sucks,ASK IN A MATURE WAY!!

Have a good Life!!
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 10, 2009
what people fail to understand is that Nollywood is third biggest movie industry in terms of amount of movie made per yr per yr (thank god there isn't cinemas in 9ja because it would be a shame to see the turnout) not in terms of how good the movies are,  so it's just a case of QUANTITY (due to this large populated country) rather than QUALITY.
i can find countless countries with better film industry that produce less movie but much BETTER movies than any Nollywood movie ever made,
take for example these countries and their much successful industries: France, Canada, Australia, Germany UK, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Italy, Holland, Belgium, New Zealand, Japan, China, Thailand, Russia, Mexico, Colombia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and the list goes on.
although Nollywood has come a long way, it has not yet arrived to a level where it should be even mentioned in world cinema, let alone AFRICA. south africans have produced some gems compare to Nollywood, remember
-THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY 1/2
-SARAFINA (musical AND movie)
-TSOTSI
-DRUM
-FORGIVENESS
-YESTERDAY
-SON OF MAN
-BIG FELLAS
-HANSIE
-BONES 1/2

and that's just South Africa, north africans countries do also produce blockbusters in their own rights
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by seunallday: 8:59am On Mar 10, 2009
anybody that can compare jenifa with slumdog millionaire is not worth a reply
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by spikedcylinder: 9:26am On Mar 10, 2009
Doesn't have to be Nollywood produced, it could be a Hollywood movie based on Nigeria.
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by bishoptboy(m): 10:19am On Mar 10, 2009
I dont watch Nollywood films just because of the quality of film that are chunked into the market. But I have come to recognize that Nollywood is doing something right.

Nollywood is making films for the illiterate, semi-literate and educated illiterate. They also make movies for my grand mother who will never enjoy Hollywood films. so I say big-ups to Nollywood for catering for my grand mother.

But there are still some audience out there like me that Nollywood doesnt cater for cos of my taste. I look forward to the day Nollywood will cater for people like me.

Here is one of our problem. we dont have an industry. If we call nollywood an industry then its an industry that is not operating like one. i learnt movie marketers call the shots in the industry. that is wrong. people make films with their own money and sell it to the marketer (pirates) who go ahead and duplicate and distribute. where else in the world is that done except for our sweet nollywood

But I believe there will emerge a new generation of film makers that will make films for people intellectuals and not illiterate like my granny.
Re: This Year Na Bollywood, Next Year Will Be Nollywood @ Oscar by Mustay(m): 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2009
We can safely learn from Bollywood how to be original!!

The indian accent was obvious in the movie whereas we try to speak like the English themselves!!

haba

(1) (Reply)

Netflix Has These TV Shows? / ‘idol’ Judge Jennifer Lopez Showed Off Her Sexy Backside During Rehearsals / Game of Thrones actor dies suddenly!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.