Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,717 members, 7,865,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:57 AM

How Heavy Is A Glass - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Heavy Is A Glass (657 Views)

The Difference Between A Normal Glass And Bulletproof Glass(Photos) / How To Download Heavy Files Like Movies On Operamini Using Your Airtel 20gb / HEAVY RAIN DOWNPOUR IN LAGOS: What Is The Situation Of Things In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Heavy Is A Glass by emunenen(m): 5:05am On Jun 17, 2015
A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed incapable of doing anything."
Always Remember to put the glass down
Re: How Heavy Is A Glass by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 17, 2015
emunenen:
A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed incapable of doing anything."
Always Remember to put the glass down
that's not . . .
People bending the laws of physics to prove silly points since 1847. angry

It doesn't get heavier. The muscle gets tired.

1 Like

Re: How Heavy Is A Glass by RobinHez(m): 7:29am On Jun 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
that's not . . .

as the muscles tire out, the glass seems more heavier than usual...i think that's the point here smiley
Re: How Heavy Is A Glass by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 17, 2015
RobinHez:

as the muscles tire out, the glass seems more heavier than usual...i think that's the point here smiley
smiley. You are very correct.
Re: How Heavy Is A Glass by menesheh(m): 8:15am On Jun 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
that's not . . .

More insight needed not just debunking it as pseudo -science

(1) (Reply)

Tech War: Facebook Is Ready To Leave Google Playstore / The Best Laptop For N70 000 -N85 000 / Scientists Hav Discovered A Cell Dat Does Something Dey Thought Was Impossible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.