Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,205 members, 7,867,497 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:06 PM

How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? (6728 Views)

How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. / How To Recover Your Wordpress Site After Being Hacked / My Wordpress Website Has Being Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by Rick9(m): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
Experts in the house, I have never heard of Google or facebook being hacked, can someone tell me why ?
Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by kosytedy(m): 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
Use custom functions to encrypt passwords, and all inputs and also decrypt them while calling them, if ur website is using cookies make sure u don't store raw usernames and passwords, encrypt them first. Use mysqli or pdo for your database, etc. Their are lots of security measures to take.
Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by blackjack21(m): 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
agborodun:
Hello gurus in the house,just as you people has developed a lot of people into starting up website(I say God bless you for that), I think there is a great need to discuss here how to protect such website against the preying eyes of the Oga patapata hackers(I hail o).
What are the ways of protecting a website?

DO NOT OPEN A WEBSITE.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT,
SHUT IT DOWN RIGHT NOW.

13:57:49
Wed, Jun 17, 2015
Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by Bigdreams(m): 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
Website security is an evolving thing..

You have to make sure you are up-to-date with the latest security trends.

Read wide and implement the things you read.

Best of luck.

Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
Question is too vague. Use Google.

Meanwhile do not use innerHtml to insert user editable data to the webpage or server, if you must, properly escape them every special character.

Write good, standard code. Spend more time checking and debugging your code than you spent writing.

Use tested, trusted and we'll supported plugins.

Learn from books, not YouTube videos. YouTube videos might not teach you bad coding, infact some books could teach bad codes. Overall books are way better, as they cover more and give a better understanding. Read customer reviews on Amazon before using a book.
Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by agborodun: 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
May God help us ooo
Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by elknice: 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
Ethical Hacking

Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by lifeworth247(m): 3:13am On Jun 18, 2015
Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by agborodun: 6:33am On Jun 18, 2015
God of mercy!
Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by DaBullIT(m): 7:11am On Jun 18, 2015
Dmayor7:
Fighting crime and website hacking should be a continious process because as days goes on new inventions and tricks are created...

Nuff said , there's no permanent security for any website , installing addons won't save you either, best security ? Employ several security experts

1 Like

Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by agborodun: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
Then what are the best precautions ?
Re: How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? by Collinz2(m): 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2015
I knw a little abt sqli and i tried injecting some website bt there iz a prob, they dnt grant database table to user.
so deny table_schema to use@localhost.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Things To Consider Before You Hire A Web Design Company In Nigeria In 2018 / Mysql: Cannot Connect To Mysql, Access Denied For Root@localhost / What Makes A Successful Blog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.