Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,554 members, 7,823,440 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience (6822 Views)

Obiano Packages 10kg Rice As 25 Kg For Civil Servants - Picture / National Assembly Fails To Account For N9 Billion - Audit Report / Nnamdi Kanu: MASSOB Goes On Massive Protest, Civil Disobedience January 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
I am not in Abuja but those in Abuja should pls #OccupyNass same time.
Mamaflex:
@ barcanista, I represent Abuja. Is it going to be same time here?

Mamaflex:
Me think all issues should be tabled at once too. Barcanista see to this. Its more reasonable. Instead of going back there again should another issue surface.
I agree that all issues be tabled at once but we have to propose alternative to them rather than ask them to adopt a cut. Pls read my reply to Obiagelli. This N6b is very urgent! They are to be given this money next week. We need to speak before the money "enta their account". You know no politician will agree to refund even a kobo.
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
Mamaflex:
Me think all issues should be tabled at once too. Barcanista see to this. Its more reasonable. Instead of going back there again should another issue surface.
Exactly
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
bettercreature:
There will always be poor people my brother beside i dont think all these money is our major problem,Nigeria is damn Rich! if government can stop corruption this country is going to be like DUBAI,they have been collecting this money since 1999 and am sure Barcanista knows it he is just being an arse looking for a way to bring down the new government
Point of correction, I am noot interested in bringing down a Buhari's government under any guise. The protest is strictly against the proposed sharing of our common wealth by the legislative arm of government. This has nothing to do with the executive.
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by PassingShot(m): 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
bettercreature:
These men are very expensive they are nothing like us
So we have to maintain them at the detriment of majority of Nigerians!

By the way, many of them are not so rich until they become senator/rep. Dapo Lam-Adesina is a rep from Oyo state and he's never been a rich guy. I know a few others too.
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Mamaflex(f): 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
barcanista:
I am not in Abuja but those in Abuja should pls #OccupyNass same time.

I agree that all issues be tabled at once but we have to propose alternative to them rather than ask them to adopt a cut. Pls read my reply to Obiagelli. This N6b is very urgent! They are to be given this money next week. We need to speak before the money "enta their account". You know no politician will agree to refund even a kobo.
Hmmm. I just pray this movement works.
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
Obiagelli:

Exactly
Obiagelli, you and I know that the legislators will always hide behind the law to earn their immoral pay. I agree for a pay cut and scrapping of many allowances. However, I want us to do thourough research (findings) to get our facts right on how much they get whether housing, wardrobe, overhead, DTA, etc. Then we look at what is appropriate for them after factoring what they do and stuffs. Then we come up with a proposal for them to adopt with respect to their job which we believe is fair to them and to the Nigeria masses. After this we stage another protest to force them to adopt it and pass it into law. Any legislator that says he can't adopt it will be asked to resign.. This is a long term thing sis! But this N9b must not be allowed to be shared among these men
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2015
barcanista:
Obiagelli, you and I know that the legislators will always hide behind the law to earn their immoral pay. I agree for a pay cut and scrapping of many allowances. However, I want us to do thourough research (findings) to get our facts right on how much they get whether housing, wardrobe, overhead, DTA, etc. Then we look at what is appropriate for them after factoring what they do and stuffs. Then we come up with a proposal for them to adopt with respect to their job which we believe is fair to them and to the Nigeria masses. After this we stage another protest to force them to adopt it and pass it into law. Any legislator that says he can't adopt it will be asked to resign.. This is a long term thing sis! But this N9b must not be allowed to be shared among these men
Now i complete get and agree with your point.
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by finicky(m): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
Way forward, can we all start broadcasting barcanista's initial post that started this thread over all platforms: Facebook,bbm, whatsapp chat groups, email, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by anonimi: 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
You guys are stressing yourself unnecessarily since Baba promised during his campaign to lead in cutting salaries & allowances of all government servants, he will surely deliver. grin

In fact he told President Michelle of West Germany on the phone about this bloated wages for our legisLOOTERS that-

- No cause for control.
- Situation under alarm.
- All descendants have been arrested.

All hail the Daura President! grin

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:
You guys are stressing yourself unnecessarily since Baba promised during his campaign to lead in cutting salaries & allowances of all government servants, he will surely deliver. grin

In fact he told President Michelle of West Germany on the phone about this bloated wages for our legisLOOTERS that-

- No cause for control.
- Situation under alarm.

you think this is funny? Your fellow TANoids is reasoning well and leaving sentiments aside. instead of supporting him,you're yarning dust.

Yeye!

2 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by anonimi: 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
you think this is funny? Your fellow TANoids is reasoning well and leaving sentiments aside. instead of supporting him,you're yarning dust.

Yeye!

Where did I yarn dust .
I am saying something very serious and you are joking anyhow even giving useless label! sad
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
finicky:
Way forward, can we all start broadcasting barcanista's initial post that started this thread over all platforms: Facebook,bbm, whatsapp chat groups, email, etc.
Don't forget it's Saturday, 9AM at Ojota (meeting point) before our march to Alausa.
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by MzJackBaueress(f): 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

Where did I yarn dust .
I am saying something very serious and you are joking anyhow even giving useless label! sad
shut your mouth and watch how the protest will be carried out. Stop trying to be funny with your dry jokes.

1 Like

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

Where did I yarn dust .
My oga I loyal o. Abeg make you leave Baba for now. Make we settle this beef with the NASS. You know say Baba no fit stop them because they are independent. Na only us get the power to stop them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by anonimi: 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
barcanista:
My oga I loyal o. Abeg make you leave Baba for now. Make we settle this beef with the NASS. You know say Baba no fit stop them because they are independent. Na only us get the power to stop them

You are very correct. I just could not resist the temptation of pointing out the folly of the messiah-watchers grin

Okay make I declare unilateral truce & ceasefire so we all can focus on our legisLOOTERS.

Thanks for your wise counsel.
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

You are very correct. I just could not resist the temptation of pointing out the folly of the messiah-watchers grin

Okay make I declare unilateral truce & ceasefire so we all can focus on our legisLOOTERS.

Yes Boss. The ceasefire is very important. We no fit de fire ourselves here while some people wey de benefit from our fire de smile to the bank at our own expense. N9B no be small money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

- No cause for control.
- Situation under alarm.

. . . . . . . .isn't it about time you get your head out of that toilet bowl? . . . . . . . . .goon of the otuoke order
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by anonimi: 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
barcanista:
Yes Boss. The ceasefire is very important. We no fit de fire ourselves here while some people wey de benefit from our fire de smile to the bank at our own expense. N9B no be small money

Yes oh.

Aluta continua. Victoria ascerta!!!
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by MzJackBaueress(f): 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

of course you knew you acted foolishly.

*sighs*
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

Yes oh.

Long Live Anonimi

1 Like

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by jmaine: 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
Mynd44:
*sighs*

7. I thought you people loved the idea of the Deputy speaker? Now that he has shown his colors you scream. Oh well, as usual we have to suffer the myopia of others. Nonsense.

The deputy speaker is an APC man, so am wondering what the fuss is about . . . . Oh ! you actually wanted to lash the Deputy senate President, but your brain muddled up basic facts due to the pain of losing a political battle . . . . .

Mynd44:

You think all these was not looked at when the choice of senate president was being looked at? Y'all chose something else and now we have to start fighting

You better stop the childish silliness, the NASS election has been won and lost, the earlier you accept it the better . What has the senate Presidency got to do with a statutory allocation that was unanimously agreed upon by the NASS and it will take an overwhelming agreement from the current NASS members to jettison such largesse.

If Lawan had won, will he unilaterally expunge such largesse without the blessing and approval of his fellow senators alike . . . . .

Sheathe your pain and embrace objectivity . . . . .

2 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by bayulll01(m): 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
barcanista:
I think the time is 9am @ Ojota then the march to Alausa. I am happy that some people are also planning to occupy NASS

Good,nice one guys don't just sit at home and shout foul come out this is the time to test our strength as a nation

2 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by anonimi: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
of course you knew you acted foolishly.

*sighs*

Why you want take your yanga come wake my trouble where im dey sleep jejely. When palava plus kasala go burst now you go come dey halla instead of to holla grin

Anyway nor be you go make me break my solemn vow to barcanista and other comrades in the democratic struggle for ceasefire so we attack this cankerworm of legisLOOTERS that are depriving us from being paid better wages as civil servants in the SAME government like them.
Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by MzJackBaueress(f): 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

Why you want take your yanga come wake my trouble where im dey sleep jejely. When palava plus kasala go burst now you go come dey halla instead of to holla grin
wetin dis one dey talk sef?

Mtscheeew! grin grin

1 Like

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Plshavmercyamen: 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
Nice move I must say. But, I will suggest we take care of the pay immorality and broad day looting of our common wealth in the NASS holistically. We shouldn't be protesting for the Wardrobe allowance ALONE. There are other issues of Constituency allowance, office maintenance, sitting allowance et al. Let's take at all of these issues at same time so that the envisaged negotiation/dialogue with the leadership and members of the NASS wil be holistic too. The REAL time to help PMB effect the needed Change is NOW! #OccupyNASS #EffectChange

1 Like

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by joseph1832(m): 3:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
barcanista:
the RMAFC only execute whatever the NASS approves. It is usually reviewed every 5 or 8years if I'm not mistaken. They have no power to slash even if they want to. The bulk stops in the NASS
What a mess! So they approve their own salary! No wonder they are the most paid legislators in the Milky Way!.

Whynotthetruth:

1)Bureaucracy in government when you write petition...

2)This money is legal and can't be stopped with the drop of petition by you...

3)It is only by subtle violence (peaceful protest) that immediate result can be achieved...
The legality of the money can't be said to be legal when its damn too much! With all the legality their why haven't they passed a bill in increase the minimum wage to N50,000?

The truth is whether the money is legal or not, it is too much! Barca.nista already gave a lucid answer why petitioning the RMAFC won't work. So am all for he suggests!.

1 Like

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by joseph1832(m): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

Yes oh.

Aluta continua justa costa victoria ascerta!

1 Like

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by ObinnaIzuora: 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
[s][quote author=anonimi post=34859810]You guys are stressing yourself unnecessarily since Baba promised during his campaign to lead in cutting salaries & allowances of all government servants, he will surely deliver. grin

- No cause for control.
- Situation under alarm.

All hail the Daura President! grin[/s]

1 Like

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by kheart(m): 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
This need to end and for it end d youth must come together to form a formidable alliance.

#Patriot Nigerian Youths Front
#Nigerian Youths Party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dear barcanista,
First I must commend your command of logic and reason.

At least, some people have to come to acknowledge that a sitting President is but one man. He cannot do magics.
I am surprised that some of them are calling for all to rally round Buhari in order for him to succeed. I am more like waiting for the miraculous CHANGE they promise us as if it will happen over night. it is one of those things.

Anyway, this is my candid opinion.

No real change can take place except we Change the present structure of Nigeria.
Getting the NA to reduce their legal loots is but a scratch on the surface.
They will give with one hand and take with the other.

Mark my word, soon you may hear of a proposed bill on an amendment of Free of Information Law.
This is my advice, channel this energy to deep rooted solutions and not just the surface.

Warmest Regards

2 Likes

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by komek(m): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
dinachi:
You are a jobless clown. Did the allowances issue start with Buharis government? Why didn't you lead a civil disobedience when your god GEJ was there? You want to cause problems for Buhari ba? No other government in Nigeria's history has ever destroyed the economy of Nigeria like GEJ but you didn't lead any civil disobedience all through its history. You are a paid PDP agent and any understanding Nigerian will do anything within his power to stay far away from you and your suggestions!

With people like you, Nigeria will never grow. Because MR A did it , therefore MR B must do it whether it is right or wrong.
This same country some time ago people were shouting CHANGE CHANGE ,yet they are still benchmarking the past.

What are those" lawless lawmakers " putting on that they want to 9billion naira allowance. Are the so called CHANGE AGENT not in that house?

They were shouting change as if they have political ideology, meanwhile they are a group of organized thieves whose major objective was to grab power and still our Treasury dry.

Barcanista, if you have the exact time and venue , communicate to us thru this medium or any other medium so we can go and let them know our displeasure.

CHANGE IS A SCAM BY THE APC

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS N9 Billion Allowance: A Proposal ( Call) For Civil Disobedience by chamboy(m): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
Yes my Brother is back, PDP's poisonous venom dn dey clear from him body...
Nice one Barcanista...

Hope u knw PDP Majority started this Nonsense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

To All Igbos, Igbos,ipods,ibos (afonja Luvs U All) / Atiku Has Lost, It's Over.. I've Gave Up / FG Summons Mele Kyari Over ₦3 Billion Slop Oil Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.