Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. (1915 Views)

If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Mhizkel(f): 10:12am On Jun 17, 2015
Many of us loose trust in God whenever we find ourselves in difficult situations. We have forgotten this Bible quotation: (Jeremiah 1:5) ''Before i formed you in the womb i knew you''. Do not be afraid because he knows the begining to the end.

The story goes thus;
A man just got married and was returning home with his wife.They were crossing a lake in a boat when suddenly, a great storm arose. The man was a warrior, but the woman became very much afraid because it seemed almost hopeless.
The boat was small and the storm was really huge. And any moment, they were going to be drowned. But the man sat silently, calm and quiet, as if nothing was happening.
The woman was trembling and she said; ''Are you not afraid?'' This may be our last moment of life! It doesn't seem we will be able to reach the other shore. Only some miracle can save us. Otherwise, death is certain. Are you not afraid? Are you mad or something? Are you a stone or something?
The man laughed and took the sword out of its sheath. The woman was even more puzzled. What he was doing? Then he brought the naked sword close to the woman's neck. So close that just a small gap was there, it was almost touching her neck. He said; ''Are you afraid''?
She started to laugh and said; ''Why should i be afraid? If the sword is in your hands, why should i be afraid? I know you love me''.
He put the sword back and said; ''This is my answer. I know God loves me, and the storm is in his hands. So WHATSOEVER IS GOING TO HAPPEN IS GOING TO BE GOOD. if we survive, good! If we don't survive, good! Because everything is in his hands and he cannot do anything wrong.

Moral: This short story inspires us to develop
TRUST. This is the trust we need to imbibe, and which is capable of transforming your whole life. Any less won't do!

God bless you all....

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by VickyRotex(f): 10:50am On Jun 17, 2015
Inspiring! Reminds me of this song:

"With My Saviour ever near to guide me, I am safe whatever may betide me; from the storm and tempest he will hide me, In the Hollow of His Hand"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Mhizkel(f): 10:58am On Jun 17, 2015
VickyRotex:
Inspiring! Reminds me of this song:
"With My Saviour ever near to guide me, I am safe whatever may betide me; from the storm and tempest he will hide me, In the Hollow of His Hand"
I'm glad you find this inspiring..
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by nceedaga(m): 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
WOW WOW WOW this is xo inpiring.

1 Like

Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by kinglekan: 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nice 1. smiley
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Mhizkel(f): 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2015
kinglekan:
Nice 1. smiley
You visit here too? cheesy
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by kinglekan: 11:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
Mhizkel:
You visit here too? cheesy

I be like sinner for your eye abi? undecided
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Mhizkel(f): 9:35am On Jun 21, 2015
kinglekan:

I be like sinner for your eye abi? undecided
Yes naa wink
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by kinglekan: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2015
Mhizkel:
Yes naa wink
angry
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Mhizkel(f): 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
kinglekan:
angry
tongue Have you surrendered your life to Christ?
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Mhizkel(f): 8:37am On Jun 26, 2015
Sinizia wink
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by sinizia: 8:48am On Jun 26, 2015
Mhizkel:
Sinizia wink

Sent you a message, did you see it? wink
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Mhizkel(f): 8:57am On Jun 26, 2015
sinizia:

Sent you a message, did you see it? wink
Yeah! I've got an issue with my mail. Drop your #
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by sinizia: 9:11am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Mhizkel(f): 9:50am On Jun 26, 2015
sinizia:

Seen!
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Que sera sera
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Mhizkel(f): 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Que sera sera
What will be, will be.wink
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
So they said
Mhizkel:

What will be, will be.wink
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by nynbrada: 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
Lovely.

1 Like

Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by nollywoodbabe: 2:52am On Jul 15, 2015
This is so beautiful. Thanks
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Mhizkel(f): 9:23am On Jul 16, 2015
nollywoodbabe:
This is so beautiful. Thanks
You welcome. wink
Re: An Inspiring Story On The Depth Of Trust A Man Has In God. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
Mhizkel:
Many of us loose trust in God whenever we find ourselves in difficult situations. We have forgotten this Bible quotation: (Jeremiah 1:5) ''Before i formed you in the womb i knew you''. Do not be afraid because he knows the begining to the end.

The story goes thus;
A man just got married and was returning home with his wife.They were crossing a lake in a boat when suddenly, a great storm arose. The man was a warrior, but the woman became very much afraid because it seemed almost hopeless.
The boat was small and the storm was really huge. And any moment, they were going to be drowned. But the man sat silently, calm and quiet, as if nothing was happening.
The woman was trembling and she said; ''Are you not afraid?'' This may be our last moment of life! It doesn't seem we will be able to reach the other shore. Only some miracle can save us. Otherwise, death is certain. Are you not afraid? Are you mad or something? Are you a stone or something?
The man laughed and took the sword out of its sheath. The woman was even more puzzled. What he was doing? Then he brought the naked sword close to the woman's neck. So close that just a small gap was there, it was almost touching her neck. He said; ''Are you afraid''?
She started to laugh and said; ''Why should i be afraid? If the sword is in your hands, why should i be afraid? I know you love me''.
He put the sword back and said; ''This is my answer. I know God loves me, and the storm is in his hands. So WHATSOEVER IS GOING TO HAPPEN IS GOING TO BE GOOD. if we survive, good! If we don't survive, good! Because everything is in his hands and he cannot do anything wrong.

Moral: This short story inspires us to develop
TRUST. This is the trust we need to imbibe, and which is capable of transforming your whole life. Any less won't do!

God bless you all....
Nice & encouraging story.

(1) (Reply)

The Missing Third Person Of The Trinity- Inconsequential? / Questions On The Bible / What Is Life Without God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.